PDA

View Full Version : Is Torrey becoming more...obvious?

Torrey
09-05-2011, 10:56 PM
So in the last two weeks, I have been "made" by a 7-year-old at Wal Mart (en femme), Had an interesting conversation about my obsession with pink with a co-worker (in drab) - I posted about both of those - and most recently had a cool interaction with the SA at Tuesday Morning (also in drab). The same SA checked me out or was at the register all three times.

It was my third visit in about five days. The first two times, I picked up a couple of kitchen utensils to go with the girly stuff. Not completely on purpose, but more because...oh, who am I kidding? I do it all the time. No different than buying the six pack along with the condoms or feminine hygiene products. On that note, the strangest look ever came from a purchase of beer, ice cream, and condoms, but I digress.

The third visit, I picked up some more pink socks and an exercise top along with some capri jeggings. Got to the checkout, she looked at my selection of items, and said, "Oh, that'll be cute."

At that point she looked me square in the eye and...smiled that smile we all know.

All I said was "Thank you," and smiled back.

In any case, it occurs to me that Torrey is showing through more and more...and I'm liking it. Hmmmm...

I will add that I was soooo happy I think I floated out of the store. Smiled all the way home!

diannecourtney
09-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Ah ha, only in Texas - Do you have a SO. if so does she not notice? My ex found out when I did not bury my heels deep enough.

Torrey
09-06-2011, 10:33 AM
My SO knows, is wonderfully supportive, and is known as "GG Kathy" hereabouts :)

kimdl93
09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Really, its not so important that the SA is friendly as the fact that you're comfortable with yourself enough that you don't feel the need to hide.