PDA

View Full Version : Just an ordinary day

Princess Jen
09-05-2011, 10:57 PM
After having an amazing weekend at Kumoricon 2011 (some pics (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?159368-Alice-in-Wonderland/page2)), I decided to try my hand at something more casual. For the first time since starting my transition, I got dressed up and went outside with NO MAKEUP on. I was wearing a cute but basic t shirt and tight-but-not-too-tight jeans.

I went outside with my mother. First we went to Fry's (a large electronics store) and then to lunch and a bookstore inside a busy mall. I felt at ease the entire time, walking and talking just as though I was a normal girl. And I realized that I feel SO MUCH more confident interacting with people as Jennifer.

I have been on hormones for 9 months now, had 3 years of laser hair removal treatments and 1 year of electrolysis (I go in for an hour each week). I'm not full time yet but I feel I am getting closer with each week that passes. And I am starting to feel the need to make friends who I can spend real time with.

A simple outing like this would have made me nervous even a few months ago but I'm really starting to believe in myself and I just thought I'd share that. :hugs:

Steph.TS
09-05-2011, 11:21 PM
That's so great, I can only imagine how liberating that must feel...

Jorja
09-05-2011, 11:26 PM
I am so happy for you. There is an old saying, There ain't nothin' to it but to do it. Go out, be yourself, and enjoy it. :)

ReineD
09-05-2011, 11:52 PM
You look fantastic, and I can well see why you don't need makeup. Good for you, and how wonderful to have the support of your family!

:hugs:

Eileen
09-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Thanks for sharing your great day with us.

Starling
09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
You're really on your way, Jen. I'm so happy for you.

:) Lallie