PDA

View Full Version : Is this what you CDs are feeling ?

Cupi
09-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Im a GG and when i found this song i could just imagine the pain and feelings my ex CDer would of gone through before he finally told me...kinda heart breaking

would most of you say that this song describes your feelings as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj50BVJ8p9Y&feature=player_detailpage

Fiona Scott
09-06-2011, 05:11 AM
This just made me cry buckets !!

Daintre
09-06-2011, 05:22 AM
What a wonderful song, the message is so simple, but the repercussions are still very high. I applaud the singer for a fine try.......and yes, Fiona, I shed a tear or two remembering what was and what never evolved.

Angela2me
09-06-2011, 05:28 AM
Yes, so true.

thank you
Angela2

Kaz
09-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Strong song with a strong message! There are a lot of resonances though I would not say that it sums up all of the nuances... but yes the emotion is there... and the fear of losing what you hold dearest, whilst possibly losing what could be gained by telling.

ReineD
09-06-2011, 05:38 AM
The song resonated deeply with me too. For many years I felt that if people knew who I really was inside, they wouldn't love me. It took me a long time to shed my own masks. :sad:

Raychel
09-06-2011, 05:42 AM
That song pretty much says it all.

Shelly67
09-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Oh my ........... that is so moving .

And to think I thought Keanes Bedshaped hit the spot ........ when I watched them sing in on Live 8, I sobbed ...... really sobbed . How wonderful it is that music brings emotion to a level we all understand .....

http://youtu.be/JugGmkvhsKQ

wanagione
09-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Yes That is how it felt for me, the fear was so great and it hurt so much to keep it in. But I'm glad i did let it out. It is a wonderful song.

Cynthia Anne
09-06-2011, 07:22 AM
I have to agree with everyone thus far! What if!

Cheryl T
09-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Can I borrow some tissues?....

Kerigirl2009
09-06-2011, 09:54 AM
I did not cry, but it did make me think about that everlasting question of WHAT IF. That is exactly what I have thought about for the last 27 years, what if I told you that i like to wear female clothing. but it is a question you cant test and you cant put it back in the box. kind of like a firework, once its lit thats it, is it going to be spectacular or will it be a dud?

exactly

TGMarla
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Good song, very sad, though.

I think that this song describes many people, if not all to some extent. But as it pertains to crossdressers, I'm sure it resonates in different strengths to different people. There are many crossdressers who are quite secure within themselves, and there are others who's lives are absolutely shattered, and lying in pieces around them. This isn't an easy burden to bear, even for the best and most self-assured of us. We see some CDs who dress up only in the confines of their own homes for fear of what would happen to their lives and the lives of their loved ones should this little nuance become public knowledge. We see others who are so open and out there about their CDing, that they will literally jump on planes fully crossdressed, with little fear of any negative ramifications. Yet we've also seen those very same CDs go through crises of confidence and self-doubt.

This song does bring up a very pertinent question to all of us, though. At one time or another, we all will have to face the task of allowing someone else to know what it is we like to do with our spare time. Invariably, this will entail the possibility of hurting someone we love. So the question this song asks, "What if you knew everything about me, without any of my defenses, without any of my masks? What if you could touch my soul, and really feel inside yourself, the person that I really am?"

We can all only hope that the answer to that would be total acceptance and confirmation of love.

Inna
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you Cupi, I know what it feels like when "I told" and for many life, ends without warm hug or understanding soul, pain and sorrow fulfill bleeding heart and existence is tested and will, confronted. This song is a reality of fears and pain associated with truth, truth which often is refused in place of a comfortable lie. I hope and wish to everyone such truth to be their guiding lite for otherwise this is not life but mere hope for life.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes, the song tell's it like it is.

Princess Chantal
09-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Such a lovely song, but not really what I feel. I guess the reason being that my crossdressing does not have the difficulties that many others have/had to endure with their crossdressing and/or their transitioning. I do believe that the song speaks volumes for the vast majority, though.

Alicia Bell
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
That almost made me cry. It did make me think of my SO though, she accepts it at part of me but can't yet handle me doing it around her. I keep all my stuff at my parents because that's where its safer (and I can actually use it) but even there I have to be careful because my dad thinks it's "wrong, disturbed and immoral" and they don't know. Plus my younger brothers are only 14. Makes me kinda depressed and want to do it even more. I think that song is quite accurate as to how I feel.

Abbey Lane
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
That song hits the nail on the head. No one knows of my dressing except maybe by shoe lady, my wig lady and my dog. But 1st wife never knew and my 2nd does not know although she may have a clue but never confronted me eye to eye on the subject. I'd love to tell her just like many of us would but we all are afraid of the consequences so we stay hidden like we are and go on living day to day. It's sad but we are happy once again as we change into our other self. Here I sit in a women's blouse on, a bra, a skirt and hose and writing this and I am happy. The wife will come home in 2 1/2 hours I'll get the shorts on and we'll go to dinner and I'm happy with her. So we try to make do and "Be Happy" .

carhill2mn
09-07-2011, 03:03 PM
This song certainly expresses some of the feelings that we have. IMHO, it does not go "deep enough" to describe the deeper feelings that many CDs have and are unable to share.

jennCD
09-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Nice track. I'm sure it does resonate with a lot of us.

Kinda funny to see the "As Seen On: Crossdressers.com" link underneath the vid on its youtube page tho... LOL

:)
jenn

Chickhe
09-08-2011, 10:13 AM
No, I feel more like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaffNpiUMuc&feature=related

prene
09-15-2011, 02:11 AM
WOW

What can I say.

Thanks for sharing

docrobbysherry
09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for posting, Cupi. Unfortunately, with my sensitive, musician's ears, I had to turn the sound off. And, I LOVE my masks!

Other than that, No.

BRANDYJ
09-15-2011, 11:00 AM
That song does seem to resonate what many of us feel. I know I have often thought what if...What if a person that has befriended me and expressed a strong like for me, might feel if I exposed this part of who I am. I wonder if they would feel the same way about me if I was either bold or foolish enough to let them in on my secret.
But it also makes me wonder about everyone ingenerall. Do people have thoughts, feelings or history that they too might think that song was written for or about them. I also wonder what secrets some of my female friends or past lovers might hide, and feel it is equally private or their need to be as protective of it as we CD'ers areaboutt our dressing. Can GG's relate to this song as strongly as many of us?

suchacutie
09-15-2011, 11:33 AM
We grow up trying to please other people as we look for their approval, and as we look for validation of our own actions. If we are lucky there comes a time in our lives when we are forced to confront one or more of those people and their opinions, realizing that we don't agree with them, STRONGLY don't agree with them, and that they have limitations and are not perfect, and are not worth giving over our lives waiting for their approval.

This happened to me early in my 40's. Until then I worried about telling people what I really thought, who I really was, for fear of rejection at some level. The confrontation changed my life. I was as good as they were and there was nothing to hide.

My wife and I discovered Tina a decade after the monumental mental change I just described. Thus, my mindset was completely open to my wife when we started to try to figure out who Tina was and how this might be important to me.

If I hadn't come to accept that I'm as good as any other human, if I hadn't stopped looking for acceptance and approval from "them" who I looked up to, my journey into the discovery of my transgenderism would have resonated well with the song in this tread. I am so thankful that I have been able to avoid the pain and misplaced guilt that secrecy and fear brings. We are all worthy humans and this gift that we have makes us insightful, empathetic, loving, and kind. If we could only be as proud of ourselves as our abilities and our gift really should allow us to be!