PDA

View Full Version : experiences with eflornithine cream to slow hair growth?

wino_tg_girl
09-06-2011, 06:49 AM
This med is supposed to reduce facial hair regrowth in women. Does anyone have any experience using it for M2F? I plan to discuss with my doctor but would like to hear experiences of others.

Katesback
09-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Doctor game me a perscription for it but when I found out how much it was and that it works only as long as you use it I said NOOO.

Aprilrain
09-06-2011, 08:21 AM
My Endo offer that to me but explained that it doesn't get rid of the hair so I thought what's the point! Personally I would spend that money on electrolysis.

GypsyKaren
09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I tried it once, waste of money.

SusanMarie
09-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Used it...did slow beard growth noticeably...expensive...consider laser or electrolysis.

Wendi_cd
09-07-2011, 07:18 PM
If that's the generic for Vaniqa, it works, to a point. But it was very expensive ($50 for a tiny tube), you have to use it 1-2 daily anywhere you want hair growth reduced, which means a tube will only last a few days if you are doing everywhere. Obviously since it's made for women (and says so on the tube), it is not as effective on male hair.
If you combine with shaving, you can see the frequency you need to shave reduced.

It's just damned expensive. If it were 5-$15 a tube (aka a week supply), it might be worth it.