PDA

View Full Version : Interesteng happenings last week.

kimmy p
09-06-2011, 09:06 AM
I don;t have a lot to tell, but last week I did get my first (but not last) perm ever. I did feel a little bit silly sitting in the salon with pink rollers on,,,, and not only was I the only guy there but I was the only person getting a perm.... I needed one though. I had surgery last year and I lost a bunch of hair on the left side of my head. The resulting scar tissue has caused "Part" of my hair to regrow very curly. The rest is laser straight, so something needed to be done. My hairdresser told me that she had never had to clean up as bad of a hair mess as mine was..... And I was the first male she has ever given a perm too. Before she started I took a deep breath and told her that I didn't care what type of style she gave me, male or female, as long as it looked good on me. I still have a mess so while it blends in better I will need to wait another few months before it can be cut and styled better, but we have an understanding now. My only instructions to her was "No Greg Brady, No Afro, and No Sausage curls". I bought my first curling iron afterwords to try and add some style myself.... Still learning about that.

Further news in Kimmy's world is that my wife for the first time admitted to me that many of my friends have probably guessed by now that I like women's clothing. Too many Halloweens where I put in too much effort, and look too convincing (though not compared to many here). Nice thing is that she wasn't upset about it. It is what it is and I think that she was okay with the idea. To me that was the surprising part. I responded to her by saying "look, you would have to be dumb not to realize this by now, and our friends are not dumb". She had to agree, So while am still no at the going out in public, or the telling the world stage of closet sitting... I am a step closer and not trying so hard to hide who I am.

Persephone
09-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Kimmy!

Yes, it does feel silly/strange the first few times you have your hair done with pink rollers and such things. Part of it may be because you are entering a new world, one that felt closed to you before.

If your friends know and are still your friends, then they are accepting you for who you are. You don't have to go out nor parade it in front of them if you don't want to; what matters is that you can simply exhale and relax.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Cynthia Anne
09-06-2011, 02:35 PM
I remember my first perm! The year was 1976!Nervous! YES! But now going to the salon for anything seems natural! Hugs!