PDA

View Full Version : a little advice

chattaboxx
10-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Hi,

I have over the last couple of months been working on a look that i am happy with. I have taken various pictures but when i look at them two things stand out.

My beard growth, even when i have just shaved, when i put my foundation on, it still seems to have dark areas, i am using maybelline matt mouse (shade of nude)

what foundation do you use, i need one which i can buy in the high st as i cannot get it deliverd to my home.

the other question was finger nails
when i look at my hands in the pictures i have taken i feel that i would like some false finger nails.....ones that can be taken off easily after i have taken my pictures.

any help would be great

Louise

christine55
10-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I use a bit of orangish flesh colored and very light red cheap red lipstick over a little concealer. Beleive it or not wet'n'wild works really well and is really cheap.Blend really good. For foundation I use Revlon color stay. You have to experiment with shades here as well. I found I need to blend two different shades to get it right. but it covers really well and lasts. I use loose powder on top. These may not work for you at all, you just have to experiment and find out which shades work for you. Unless you are one of those cd's blessed with a very light beard you need more than just foundation to cover it.
About your nails, I have experimented with glue on nails and have tried doing tips. Some girls really like these but I have a hard time getting them off and when they finally are off my real nails are all torn up. I just let my nails grow a bit longer than normal and shape them. No one seems to notice.
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/femme.jpg

DanaJ
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Try Kiss One-Step nails - they come pre-glued, but remove easily with some warm water....

Kayla Smith
10-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Hi Louise,

I use to hide by beard shadow, cover creme by Dermablend, it covers the black coloring on my face very well.

www.dermablend.com

I can't really give any advice on the glue on type of nails, because my nails are natural and I wear polish on them 24/7.

Best of luck
Hugs :hugs: and Take Care

KatieZ
10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I use red lipstick for a beard cover also. Just streak it on here and there over beard and mustache area then rub it in to an even coverage over that whole area. Then apply foundation and blend it in real well. It will last all night.

Fake nails I have never tried because I can't find any wide enough to cover my big ol' nails. So I have to shape and polish mine.

Hugs