PDA

View Full Version : After Sunday Comes Monday

Persephone
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Life, especially life as a crossdresser, can be quite a rollercoaster (but you already knew that! :) ).

After the wonderful time on Sunday (click here) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?159435-Free-Ice-Cream!-Free-Drinks!-Free-Bra!-It-s-Been-Quite-A-Week!&highlight=cream) I went out for my regular en femme morning run on Monday and ran into a bit of a surprise.

As I was walking/running down the street a car came from behind me, then slowed, then stopped with the driver staring at me.

At first I couldn't see who it was through the tinted window. Was it one of my friends who know me en femme? Or was it one of my friends who only know me en drab?

She rolled down her window and gave the "Hey You!" greeting that we always use with each other.

Busted!

It was one of my en drab friends, a woman that I've known for years and years, that I've been agonizing over telling for a year or so.

I walked over to her car, opened the passenger door and leaned in, boobs dangling down under my tank top.

She was grinning like the Cheshire cat, maybe after it had downed a couple of shots.

"Good morning," I said cheerly.

"Good morning to you," she responded.

"Well, I guess you got your confirmation," I said.

(We'd been dancing around the clues for years and just last week I'd said something about there being more to me than she knew and she'd said "I've had my suspicions, but you've never confirmed any of them.")

"Yep," she said, still with that broad grin.

We chatted a bit more, I told her we needed to have some tea and talk, she agreed, and we both headed our separate ways.

Back on the path I thought about it and decided that we really needed to have that talk sooner rather than later, so I called her cell phone and arranged the earliest time that we could both get together which was Friday.

I finished my run and headed home to shower and change, staying en femme.

Persephone
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Monday Part Two - The Bank

It is very frustrating not to have checks and an ATM card in my femme name, but I'm not prepared to do a legal name change.

My spouse and I decided to drop by the bank to see what they could do for me.

It was the first time I'd been to my basic bank en femme. A young man came over and said, "Good afternoon, ladies. How can I help you?"

I said that we wanted to talk to a platform officer and he lead us over to one of the desks. It turned out to be one of the former tellers, a man who had always seen me en drab, who had now been promoted to the platform.

Just like in the morning, he too had a goofy grin on his face.

"Well, hi!" I said, "I guess I look a bit different today!"

He agreed, but I really had the feeling that he too had figured out things quite some time ago.

"Nice to see you," he said.

I explained that I am transgendered but that because I switch back and forth it was not possible for me to do a name change at this time but that I needed checks and an ATM card that could at least simplify things.

He was very empathetic and very helpful, and, I think, more than a bit curious. I believe he would have loved to have had a chance to talk to me about crossdressing, but he remained strictly professional.

After seeing my femme ID (none of it government issued, unfortunately) and femme credit cards, he shuffled back and forth between us and the manager and we finally came up with the best solution that we could, which wasn't very much.

They could modify our names on our checks to first initials and last names, but they couldn't make it possible for me to have any checks in my femme name (I have a different first initial and a different last name en femme) and they couldn't issue an ATM card with just my initial.

(Interesting, another bank I deal with, BofA, was able to provide me with an ATM card with my first initial and my femme picture).

He made the necessary changes, ordered some complimentary checks in the new style, and told us that he would continue to help us in any way that he could.

Later in the day I sent him a thank you note.

Monday Part Three – Getting Together With Eryn

After our errands we returned home and got ready for an evening out with Eryn and her lovely spouse.

She has posted such an excellent summary (click here) (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?159149-Eryn-and-Persephone-s-evening-at-The-Grove&highlight=) of the evening that I have no need to add to it.

(To be continued . . . )

Hugs,
Persephone.

cracks_in_porcelain
09-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Wow that's quite the story! I really admire your determination... it's inspiring :) *Hugs

donnalee
09-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Let me get this straight - You two didn't know about each other, but had suspicions for years? Or do I have it wrong? Please clarify. I'm dying of curiosity!

kimdl93
09-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I could almost see your friend's face and feel your reaction when she rolled down the window. A moment of fear...resignation...then relief to have put that pretense behind you. Is that about it?

I'll be interested to hear how the get-together on Friday.

Cynthia Anne
09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Great Story! Greater Monday! Can't wait to hear about Friday!
Years ago when picking a fem name I picked Cynthia Anne because my male first name starts with a C and my middle name starts with an A! I can sign anything as C.A. -------! Hugs!

Diane Elizabeth
09-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Great story. As for the bank, I use my male initials on my checks. I am fortunate that my female initials are the same.