PDA

View Full Version : My New Birthday

Wendy_Marie
09-06-2011, 03:37 PM
After getting off to a false start with my HRT last week, first I had issues with a Jerk for a Pharmacist and then as soon as I got home I discovered a message from the Doc requesting that I hold off until today to begin taking my Meds so I could get in for a Base Line Blood Panel...I feel somewhat renewed, reenergized and yes reborn.

I got around a little earlier than necessary and having a bit more vim and vinegar in my step this morning I decided that I was going to commerate this day by knocking one of the items off my list of Goals I have set for myself, but I actually ended up getting two of them done... but more on that later.

A couple of months ago I was returning from a trip to Jefferson City, almost three hours from my home and decided to make the drive back enfemme...ran into some issues with a conveinence store clerk who gave me a hard time about using my debit card as it has my male name on it...and all the ID I had was my Drivers License which also has my male name and pic on it.....not that I am really fooling anyone...he was just being difficult.
The following day I called my bank and just spilled to them about this issue and they recommended I get a State Issued I.D. card which would have my male name but my Female image on it.

This was something I had already been considering doing and even went so far as calling the Local Police Station to inquire on the legalities of doing so....I spoke to a Female Patrol Commander who informed me that this was encouraged as the State was only interested in Identifying me should I have a run in with the Law at any point.
I was told that should I be pulled over while dressed enfemme show them both the State ID as well as my Drivers License as it was to my benefit to establish this as a timeline showing that my dressing was not an attempt to defraud or circumvent an officer in their duties.

Hadn't really thought of it like that.

so, since today was my new Birthday...I went into the DMV and obtained this.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l531/Wendy_Marie65/just%20Me/MOIDII.jpg

Yes it still has my male name and that nasty Male descriptor where it should state Female....but it was an accomplishment for me and one that I am proud of.

Ohhh and the second goal I accomplished today...I have had this mental block an almost irrational fear when it came to going into Wal-Mart of all places as Wendy...I come and go from many other stores and shops without fearincluding big chain Discount stores such as Big-K-mart, Macy's J.C. Pennys, but Wal-Mart stumped me until today.

Today I had a purpose...that Jerk of a Pharmacist I spoke of earlier..happened to be a Wal-Mart Pharmacist who seemed bent on making his views of males using Female Hormones known....during my run in with him last week...hedidn't come right out and openly say it, but he skirted the issue....

I decided to hell with the difference in cost between this store and the Walgrens pharmacy I usually use...$10 per month difference but I will gladly pay it for the service and professionalism they have shown to me as Wendy in the past.

I called the Wal-Mart Pharmacy this a.m. and told them to fill the remainder of my first ninety-day Rx and I would pick it up after my appointments which put my there right around lunch time....yes it was packed with shoppers but as I stated, today I just didn't care....I had a purpose to my step as I walked through the front door past the greeter and picked up my script.... Sure I got a couple of quick glances but that was all...no harrasment and for the most part people went on about their own shopping and payed little attention to me.

Then, I even went so far as to request a Pharmicist consult and asked him about the advantages of taking my meds Sublingually..not that I planned to take them this way, but admittedly, I just wanted to rub his nose in it a little after his smugness last week.

So as of 1:30 p.m. today...I am back at home and have taken my first dose of my long anticipated HRT.

I am happy to announce the rebirth of Wendy...a happier, fully grown adult female...and I can't seem to get this silly smile off of my face.:D

Kaz
09-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Wendy... awesome! I think you handled this so well! It sounds like you were well driven girl and determined! And yes the police are not there to stop us being us, they are there to protect us... once engaged they are great. I know loads of police officers in the UK and they are as wierd a mix of people as we are! Hope the Hormone therpy works out.. keep us informed! I am with you girl!

Kittyagain
09-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Wendy just the best of luck to you. Remember to shop around for prices. Walmart can be very high on some prescriptions. If you found a better deal then that would be a win-win.

Kitty

Wendy_Marie
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Wendy just the best of luck to you. Remember to shop around for prices. Walmart can be very high on some prescriptions. If you found a better deal then that would be a win-win.

Kitty

Wal-Mart actually has the $4.00 Rx plan or 90 days for $10.00 and Estradiol is on it....I went there this time because, well money is tight this go around...and because I shop in this store frequently..nice to kill the proverbial two birds with one stone.

Like I said though, the poor service and bad attitude of the Pharmacist from the location I used isn't worth the difference in pricing....The Walgrens I have always used in the past, include trips inside as Wendy is roughly $10.00 per month VS $10.00 for 90 days, but I will happily pay the difference next time and on out for better service and from a Pharmacist with a more Professional work ethic.

kimdl93
09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
congratulations again, Wendy. Its impressive to see how you've faced up to one challenge and obstacle after another. Each time you seem to prevail, and leave small minded people in your wake.

PretzelGirl
09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Well Happy Birthday Wendy! And a great way to celebrate it with a firm footing on your ID and taking no BS from others.

Walmart had that kind of spell on me too. At first I thought it was all the People of Walmart posts here but then settled on it just being super busy and I avoided it to avoid facing up everyone close. Once I realized that, it was all over and I go as necessary without a problem.

And I am sure that is a pretty smile and not a silly one. Enjoy!

Cynthia Anne
09-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Happy birthday Windy Marie! You go girl! Hugs!

Wendy_Marie
09-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Happy birthday Windy Marie! You go girl! Hugs!

Thanks Cynthia...I have been trying to come up with a retort to your alternate spelling/insinuation over my name...but so far all I have come up with is Sinthia....just doesn't have that "Ring" to it....I'll stumble across something good one of these days...until then *Smiles*

Wendy_Marie
09-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Well Happy Birthday Wendy! And a great way to celebrate it with a firm footing on your ID and taking no BS from others.

Walmart had that kind of spell on me too. At first I thought it was all the People of Walmart posts here but then settled on it just being super busy and I avoided it to avoid facing up everyone close. Once I realized that, it was all over and I go as necessary without a problem.

And I am sure that is a pretty smile and not a silly one. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone....

A footing yes...don't know how firmly it is planted though...Just trying to be like the little engine that could. "I think I can, I think I can." until before you know it, your up the hill and over the top and it's downhill from there....<----that actually sounds a bit depressing doesn't it?

Danni Renee
09-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Congratulations on your New Birthday! Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with Walmart. I have been years without walking into one (not just because of duty location) but I found shopping online there to be good. So I started going back there again recently (helped by the fact the closest Walmart is across the street from the apartment) and have been okay - I spend a lot of time in the women's department ;) I look forward to hearing how the HRT goes and thanks for the information on the alternate ID. I never thought about it the way you presented it and with me driving enfemme so much now it is something I need to look into (if I ever get the courage to step out of the car).

Wendy_Marie
09-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Congratulations on your New Birthday! (Thanks Danni.)Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with Walmart. (Yeah me too...I actually try to buy from the mom and pops when I can, but prices have been driving my purchases alot lately.) I have been years without walking into one (not just because of duty location) (I wish I were so lucky..)but I found shopping online there to be good. So I started going back there again recently (helped by the fact the closest Walmart is across the street from the apartment)(Conveinient) and have been okay - I spend a lot of time in the women's department ;)I do to, or should I say I did....but usually not shopping for me..thats the benefit and curse of having five sisters and then raising two daughters.) I look forward to hearing how the HRT goes and thanks for the information on the alternate ID. I never thought about it the way you presented it and with me driving enfemme so much now it is something I need to look into (State laws vary and I know of at least one state where it is still against the law to dress in....I have first hand and personally knowledge of a girl who was arrested and prosecuted for this under some archaic law regarding fraud....I won't invoke the name of this state...but they are known as the Razorback State.(if I ever get the courage to step out of the car).(Trust me, when the time comes and you are ready....you will.

And this is the part where I add the precursory 20 charecters because I responded in the quote balloon above.