PDA

View Full Version : Clothing

cassandra54
09-06-2011, 07:23 PM
i had a wild thought today. what if all clothing made i.e. men's, women's juniors, etc, had NO labels? it was just CLOTHING and people could pick out whatever they wanted to wear? how do you think that would play out?

TGMarla
09-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Umm...I assume you're not talking about the designer labels? If that were the case, it's simple. I'd wear dresses a whole lot.

And heels. :D

Maria 60
09-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't know how it work out, but iam in for it. Wishful thinking Cassandra.

cassandra54
09-06-2011, 07:29 PM
hmmmmmmmm. let's see, yes let's take away the designer labels too, and let people wear whatever moved them or they could affornd

cdtraveler
09-06-2011, 08:18 PM
yes even take away mens or womens "labels". Without them I'd still choose feminine styles every day.... the softer, silky and frillier the better.

Mikaela
09-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Not sure it would make a difference. People would generally congregate to styles that emphasized the traits that they want for purposes of attracting mates or doing work and if you didn't adhere to that standard, label or not, you'd still be seen as different. This is true in cultures without 'clothing labels', as well as through time, because different genders have different purposes in society and different physiologies.

Face it, we wouldn't get constantly asked if crossdressers were gay if we weren't taking on the gender cues (from forms to colors to lingerie to heels) of the opposite sex, often in a highly sexualized way. Since society has evolved to frown on full frontal nudity, society has a meme that dictates things likes breasts or hair or clothing are tied to gender and gender sexualization. It's why long haired people got made fun of in the 60s (and on), it's why that guy with breast cancer got initially denied benefits, it's why women have the clothing choices they do.

And except for the few folks on here like Pythos who mix styles, or the guys who just wear a skirt with facial hair, most of the rest of us are going for some level of female emulation independent of the clothes themselves.

DonnaT
09-07-2011, 02:42 PM
what if all clothing made i.e. men's, women's juniors, etc, had NO labels? it was just CLOTHING and people could pick out whatever they wanted to wear? how do you think that would play out?
Chaos, utter chaos.

Can you imagine trying to find the right skirt intermingled in a rack full of trousers? Men and women all trying to peruse through the same racks to find what they want? Especially on a SALE day. Not that there are a lot of men shopping.

Elle1946
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
That would go good with the AARP no panty usage, just underwear.

Ellyn
09-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Chaos, utter chaos.

Can you imagine trying to find the right skirt intermingled in a rack full of trousers? Men and women all trying to peruse through the same racks to find what they want? Especially on a SALE day. Not that there are a lot of men shopping.

We used to have a small SA Store where the staff lady was very lazy. She would just dump all sorts of clothes out onto a large table. It was great for CD shopping because no one knew what you were looking for, so there were no "funny looks" from ladies like you sometimes get when you are digging into a rack of ladies clothes.

I should add that the ladies I see digging into the racks of men's clothes are aparently totally acceptable and get no "funny looks", even when they take an armfull of mens clothes to try on.

Angela2me
09-08-2011, 06:23 AM
That would be my utopia. Anyone could wear what looked good, felt good and was appropriate for the situation.
I wish, I wish....

noeleena
09-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi.

Just one miner point . the difference is not the size of or the lable or colour ,

its the fit. style , shape ,

Now i design make & sew my clothes for dressing in olden day wear. Renaissance & Edwardian times. & it would make no difference in my day to day wear, i'll make what suit's my body shape size & fit. for my self . so im not governed by what's on the rack's in shops or thier style's so really it's up to me i'll pick my colour & fabric or as i do get curtins draps bed spreads or what ever i can find to use,

If you look at China & what they wore for many years they all .....looked the same ....well yes & no same colour style with in reason shape sort of yet you could 90 % of the time tell who were male & or women. so in many ways it wont work because till the body shape & size of women & men are the same i dont ever see it happening.

Heck do i wont to look like a man.......flack jacket may help. he he .......

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
09-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I think it would be much the same as it is now. Guys would be guys and wear guy stuff. Women would be women and ....
We would still be wearing what we love to wear. For me it's work clothes on the male side (yard work, car, etc) and everything else from the women's section. We would all know what's what by the styling...it's so ingrained. The labels wouldn't make a difference....besides, I cut the labels out of all my clothes anyway...they always seem to be in some place that scratches or irritates, so maybe I'm just ahead of the curve....

Karren H
09-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Bras and jock straps are don't really need labels... But a bra that converts into a jock strap might sell well in your label-less world...

Lately I've been buying some. Steelers Tees that are genderless. But are made of a softer material and have a more feminine neck and shoulder... I figure my wife won't object as much... When she does the laundry... Many things I just cut the label out. Like my hockey "jill" shorts....

Joanne f
09-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Well how does that saying go " Its just clothes " but we all know that's not really true :heehee:

CaitlynRenee
09-09-2011, 12:58 PM
I think this would be very interesting to know, just on an 'neat things to know' sort of way.

Let's see. First we'd have to get rid of all identification of any type of clothing what so ever from the minds of our 'test group' (yep, got to have one of those) perhaps the old Vulcan mind blaster to remove all traces of gender identity concerning clothing. Better yet, let's start with children before they even wear clothing and about age ???, put all kinds of fabric/clothing in a big pile, all different sizes, etc. Now, turn them loose over 'X' period of time and watch the fun.

I'd venture there would be many who picked soft, comfortable, delicate, fabrics to keep against the skin for 'downtime'. Those same folks might wear rougher more protective clothing when it came to going out to slay the dragons every day, if slaying dragons was their job. Those who stayed inside or worked in less strenuous conditions would probably still pull on a nice delicate pair of nylon panties, etc to meet the day.

What I'd bet on, with this hypothetical, unindoctrinated, group is that there wouldn't be a stigma attached to what you wore. Nobody would care one way or the other because there would be no bias to base that stigma on.

Wouldn'tr it be nice if nobody gave a rat's backside what you wore?? Ever?? Anywhere or anytime???

Wishful thinking I suppose.

t-girlxsophie
09-09-2011, 01:46 PM
A Crossdressing utopia.Get me a few bin bags there would be a mass throwing out of every stitch of male clothing I posess (mind you that aint much).

Sophie