PDA

View Full Version : That would be an "OOPS!"

michelle.foster
09-07-2011, 01:06 AM
I logged-in to post this quick "OOPS moment" an hour ago; I guess I got a little distracted but here it is.

Things here are pretty quiet in the mornings now that the daughter has moved out and Elsie has returned. I have painted my toe nails again and wear my two piece nightie to bed -bought for me by wife.

The other morning, my wife is 3 days post-op on the couch and I was on the computer, still not dressed, when there was a knock on the door. I scrambled to the bed room where I removed the top and put on my robe and returned to answer the door. It was the lady who live in the studio apartment behind us.

She handed me the days mail, it was about 11:00am. She asked how the recovery was coming, when my wife invited her in from place on the couch. I stepped back out of the way so neighbor could enter, walking over she stood in front of my wife and they continued their discussion. I came and sat on the other couch. After several minutes, I looked down at my red toes nails and then up at the neighbor.

OOPS! :o

What do you do? Can't leave the room and come back with slippers. I kept my feet flat on the floor and did not participate in their conversation.

She said nothing about it. I don't know if she noticed or not.

What can I say? :D

Philipa Jane
09-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Been there/done that.
I answered the door to the parcel delivery guy and only afterwards remembered about the red toe nails.
Did he notice: not sure. Do I care now? No

PJ

Kaz
09-07-2011, 02:01 AM
I love these moments! There is absolutely nothing you can do about it and you have no idea whether or not they noticed!:heehee:

All you can do is carry on as normal?

Marie-Elise
09-07-2011, 04:56 AM
I had furniture delivered earlier this year about a week or two after I got my toes painted for the first time. I answered the door barefoot and walked around showing them where to put everything for about an hour while carrying my infant son. At some point, I realized what I was doing and had a little freaky moment. Then I said WTF and just continued without worrying about it. I was the customer and, well, so what? I'm not especially worried about burly movers gossiping about me. And they were very professional and got a nice tip.

Danni Renee
09-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Painted toenails will be what "outs" me! I am so used to them being painted now that I do not pay attention when people come to the door. But on the other hand, I am trying to care less what someone a the door would think anyways. My SO and mother both know and my daughters have seen my nails (and the youngest one has helped paint them) so even if the kids do not know the full extent of the new me they are not shocked by the toes. I am so casual with them now I am sure someone is going to say something sometime.

Danni

linda allen
09-07-2011, 06:56 AM
A friend is an emergency room nurse (and talks a lot). She was talking one day about a male patient who arrived with painted toenails. His explanation - He was babysitting his four year old niece and she wanted to paint them. I guess that would work.

Emily Ann Brown
09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Doesn't everybody have painted toenails??????????????

Let's take a poll girls. HAHAHAHAHA!

Em

Wendy_Marie
09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Doesn't everybody have painted toenails??????????????

Let's take a poll girls. HAHAHAHAHA!

Em

Yes...The color is called "How I met your magenta."
Polished toes got me outed to several people and I use to scamble making up excuses/lies to cover up being found out. I finally just quit caring and I can't say now how many family and friends have seen me with polish on my toes.

Amber_Lynn
09-07-2011, 08:18 AM
I dont worry so much about painted toes...I tend to forget I'm wearing mascara or eye liner/shadow and will be out talking to a neighbor. Not so much eye shadow, but I have done eye liner and mascara a number of times. I try to be a little subtle with the application in preparation for the times I forget to remove it ;-)

Cynthia Anne
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I had a girl friend once that seen a bra on my couch and she knew it wasn't hers! After acuseing an bi3ching a few minutes I picked it up and put it on! She left! Haven't seen her since!ha,ha!
I thought nails were there to be painted! That's why mine have been painted for years 24/365! Hugs!

Vieja
09-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Since I live alone my usual uniform for the day is panties, half slip and guy shirt. When I have to go outside I slip on a pair of shorts that covers everything. One day I thoughtlessly went out in the backyard to hang

a bird feeder without the shorts. I looked up and there was neighbor guy looking at me quizzically. I grinned, said good morning and went back in the house. Nothing was said but he is often in the yard now when I

hang the feeders.

Vieja

CaitlynRenee
09-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Hilarious! My daughter was the first to paint my toenails. I'd worked two 16 hour shifts at the Sheriff's Office (patrol on the two worst nights - Thursday and Friday - makes one very tired), went home dog tired, changed, showered and sat down at the computer to check my email. Woke up about four hours later, still dog tired and went to grab a bite. Wife, son and daughter didn't say a word. Only when I sat down to watch the news, did I notice that my 'baby' girl of 5 had painted every single one of my toes a different color. No polish remover in the house so I went to work, 'femme' underneath for a couple of days until Wally World opened back up.

*Vanessa*
09-07-2011, 09:58 AM
lol - godda love our funny stories.
All of us have had painted toes and most a story to go with them.
Mine; toes painted and wearing woven shoes I was asked to help a guy close a mall merchant cage door. Of course he had to bend down and pin the door right at my toes. Of course he see them, then came a slight oow sound from him and that was that.
love it !!

PretzelGirl
09-07-2011, 10:40 AM
You can go with the flow like you did. But I don't see anything wrong with excusing yourself for a minute and coming back with slippers on. If you are worried about it, not everyone looks at each other's feet. So if you want to stay stealth, getting the slippers can be helpful.

RADER
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
If Asked, Say I painted them for a visual warning so I do not stub my toes on anything.
Rader

Sophie86
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
What do you do? Can't leave the room and come back with slippers. I kept my feet flat on the floor and did not participate in their conversation.

She said nothing about it. I don't know if she noticed or not.

What can I say? :D

Yep, done that. I was handing a bag of trash to the garbage man once when I realized that toes and fingers were both metallic blue-green. Another time, I opened up the door for the UPS guy having forgotten that my toenails were hot pink.

This summer, I had started going everywhere with my nails painted, and letting family and friends see them. Then I got self-conscious and stopped. I need to get over it, and go back to painting them.

Loni
09-07-2011, 02:36 PM
i guess i am lucky in that i do not get "outed" but my toes are painted 24-7-365.
and just by timing my fingers are not today. (working on a gear box), aka, grease, oil, solvents. normally my fingers have a clear or a shear pink or peach on them.

prettytoes
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I had the same thing happen when a friend stopped by my cabin...I got to the door and didn't even realize that I didn't have any socks on and my toe nails were a really nice shade of bright red. I am not sure if he noticed or not...it was kind of dark and he hasn't said anything.

LeaP
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I've only painted mine recently, but discovered quickly that I liked a subtle effect best. First up was ... what else ... RED! Looked about as Goth as you could get. My wife brought out a very subdued rosy pink, with a hint of iridescense. I don't think one would notice unless looked at closely unless the angle of the light was just right. In artificial light indoors, probably not.

A side benefit - we now share the color!

Lea