PDA

View Full Version : Shock, Horror, Oh Well

urban gypsy
10-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi All
As you all know that over the past few months I've had a few downs[ son being told I crossdress] and a few ups. But nothing compared to last weekend.
Went to visit my parents as I have not seen them for a couple of months as they live over the other side of the country and its about a 4 hour drive so we usually stop for the weekend. Well this was a double sided visit as I was also picking up my new car from a garage near them as by buying in wales saves me about £1000=00 compared to essex. waffling on here so lets get to the point.
Well arrived at there house about 10.30 am and pick up my mum and went straight to the garage to pick my car up and then straight onto a shopping trip with mum, mum in law, and wife. three women to shop with and me keeping my secret from mum and mum in law so in drab.
Well we arrived in Cardiff and headed straight for the shops 3 women asking for opinions on this and that and me trying not to be to jealous as I would rather it me buying myself some new clothes and shoes.
Well mum in law and wife needed the washroom so we agreed to meet in a coffee shop just down the way.
SHOCK! On the way mum wanted to go into a shoe shop as she had seen a pair of shoes in the window. so in we went, got the assistant to get her size and she tried them on they were very nice so I commented on how well they suited her and that I would treat her to them if she wanted them. Well i paid and we left we had only just got outside the door when mum turn to me and asked if I still cross dressed. well I tried to splurt out no, but was cut short by her and said it was nothing to be ashamed of and how does my wife feel about it and does she know. I asked how she knew and for how long considering I been married 18 years, Since the first time I tried on some of her clothes and had not hung them back up properly. I asked how come she didn't say anything in the past about it , she said that although I must take great care to not be found out I had slipped up with a few of the comments I had said while shopping and although the top I had on look like a shirt she could tell it was a blouse, I hadn't realised. So on to the coffee shop.
Mum in law and wife caught up and we sat outside watching the world go by while we had a coffee.
HORROR! While sitting there I whispered to my wife that my mum knew about my otherside but said we would talk about it later.
Well everything seemed to be going alright until we went into Evans clothes shop and mum in law says oh look this is where you got your blouse from I wanted to ask you but where it come from but was not sure how to as you try so hard to keep your tv dressing secret.
At this point it was ground open up and swallow me. I was looking for somwhere to run but was trapped.
My first reaction was to blame my wife for telling her as she had told my son.
She broke out into tears as she felt I had lost trust in her. Mum in law jumped to her defence as said that when she had been staying with us on a number of occasions and had folded the laundry she had noticed the size of some of the female clothes and no way were they my wife's. so she guessed they were mine especially as she had seen me wearing some of the less femine items openly ie trousers and tops.
Well the shopping trip came to a halt as my wife and I weren't sure what to say, so a nice lunch was on the cards, at my expense as usual they do still have some old fashion values when it suits them.
:) OH WELL! While at the restaurant both mums started to ask us questions about who knew, how we deal with it, what problems has it caused us , does our son know,[ the old question] does this mean I'm bi sexual.
We were both honest and frank with them told them my fem name and explained it.
Now although they can see we are very happy and this is just another string to my personality they both agreed that would not like to see me fully dressed en fem.
But this has left a problem my mum feels that if she had brought me up differently would I have still crossdressed as she feels guilty that it could be her fault. although I have told her I would have been a crossdresser no matter what and I am happy just the way I am.

We have all agreed to keep my secret between the 4 of us as that how we would all like it to remain in the family.

christine55
10-12-2005, 07:39 PM
It's a good thing.
Sounds that way to me anyway.
Hugs, Christine

Tedi
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Good god, what a day. Yeah, shock and horror is a good description.
Sounds like it worked out pretty good though. Hope it's all turning out to be a decent situation.

Lady Jayne
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
That's a big closet you've got there, must get kind of crowded :rolleyes: but hey they sound cool. It must be quite a shock to have it out there but think of it this way now the secrets out how much fun could you have at christmas and birthdays. enjoy your freedom and cherish what seems like a great family.:)

KatieZ
10-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Well the shopping trip came to a halt as my wife and I weren't sure what to say, so a nice lunch was on the cards, at my expense as usual they do still have some old fashion values when it suits them.

:rofl:

Well that has to be a nice relief knowing that your mum-in-law is cool with it. Too bad your own Mom is laying a guilt trip on herself though. Seems like you are going to have to spend some time educating her.

Hugs

Kera_Efflorescence
10-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Wow that's pretty incredible, must have been harrowing.

I'm glad it sounds like they're being openminded about it though. =)

jar
10-12-2005, 11:59 PM
If as she said I had nothing to be ashamed of and they all know, then I am doing it when ever I feel like it. Why not?

Jamie M
10-13-2005, 07:00 AM
only three little letters sum this story up in my mind,... OMG !!!

What a nightmare day. Don't get me wrong I know that it turned out okay and that it could have been a lot worse for you but OMG. I can't even begin to imagine how you must have felt being trapped like that with nowhere to run to. If it was me, you'd have had to follow me through that Julia shaped hole in the wall to see that blur on the horizon as i couldn't run away quick enough.

Well like i said, glad it worked out okay for you though. Sounds like you might have to bite the bullet and have another heart to heart with your mum to make sure she puts any stupid ideas of guilt away.

hugs all round for this one :gh:

Stephenie
10-13-2005, 08:57 AM
You must have a very strong heart! I think mine would have stopped and then left.

Rachel_740
10-13-2005, 09:37 AM
On the plus side, at least you know you don't have to hide it any more.

Anne

PS. I'm assuming you were travelling on the Saturday. On your way into Wales, did you see a Co-op truck broken down on the west bound M4 just past the Brynglas tunnel. If so, that was me (but they're trusting me again this Saturday :) )

MsEva
10-13-2005, 09:50 AM
OMG....sums it up for me too!:eek:
glad it turned out to be somewhat ok...you are fortunate.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-13-2005, 12:11 PM
OMG :eek: -- but good to hear all's well that ends well.

Adrianne
10-13-2005, 12:23 PM
What a day, i am happy it turned out well for you.

Adrianne.

Shelly Preston
10-13-2005, 01:59 PM
SCARY

I'm glad it all went well eventually.
Im sure if it had been a problem you would have found out earlier.
It seems as if the secret was being kept from you.

Still you can't beat a Happy Ending

Tiffy
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I can not imagine, I would have died standing there. But, I am very glad that things seem to have worked out pretty well. Sorry your mom thinks it is her fault. You heart will need a few days to start beating normally I bet.

Kisses, April

Natalie x
10-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Wow! What a day. You did well to see it through, but it turned out ok - better out than in (!). I hope your wife has forgiven you for accusing her of breaking it to her mum.