PDA

View Full Version : Very awkward conversation with best friend

Jessica86
09-07-2011, 03:47 PM
So I'm sitting with my best friend and his girlfriend earlier. We decide to ride to get lunch. In the car, with my wife, we some how get on the subject of a friend of his. I don't think it is a friend. It was one of those "I know this friend who likes to dress like a girl. Does that make him a fag?" I asked him who it was, and he said I wouldn't know him. He goes to college, so he said the friend's room mate found out, and is freaking out. So, he proceeds to say "I don't see what the problem is. I've done that. It doesn't make ME a fag. I mean, I'm with HER," and he nudges his gf. (I hate when people use that f word...) I immediately look at my wife, who has a face like she just saw a ghost. LOL. His gf says "It's true! He told me one night when he was drunk." AND...she is ok with it by the way. They met about six months ago.

He asks me what I think, and if I would kick him out if we would have gotten an apartment together after high school. Keep in mind I've known the guy since I was eight. I told him no, and I have no problem with what he's doing. The car goes quiet, and he says "Why you turnin' red man?" I just managed to say "I just would have never guessed." So, I didn't share my part, but was just funny to see my wife's face. She started laughing because I was literally sweating bullets by the time we got to the restaruant. I think he knows I do, but not sure. It was just a very funny conversation that ended in me finding out my best friend of about 15 years is a cd. Wow, how weird this world works.....and he is one of two close friends I have that have been through everything with me. I wonder if he is a member here, and has seen me. LOL. At least it would be easy to talk about then....

Sophie86
09-07-2011, 04:22 PM
So maybe that wasn't the best time and place to talk, but you should tell him. It'll be cool. :)

Persephone
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
That is so cool, Jessica! Your best friend just came out to you as a CD! It must have taken a lot of nerve and soul searching for him to tell you that.

You might want to discuss it with your wife, but maybe it is time that he knew?

Hugs,
Persephone.

kimdl93
09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
I think its probably a good idea to have a little conversation with him. He was more honest than I could have been at that stage. If the situation is right, you should do him the same courtesy.

Jessica86
09-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Even more curious....did you read the recent thread about the Cd whose room mate caught em dressed? :)
You probably know them lol

WOW! Missed that one. It might be....gotta check what area they are from.

I think I might tell him. He's a great guy and I would love to help him understand more about what he is going through. I remember the days when I thought just because I dressed, I was gay. There's so much more than just that. I think next time we have some guy time and are just hanging around, I'll tell him.

Kara in CT
09-07-2011, 06:27 PM
I'm sure I would have reacted as you did. What a great opportunity for your friendship to grow. Good luck. We should all be so lucky to have a cross dressing best friend:)

Jessica Ames
09-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I would definitly talk it over with your wife though. She was there and could give her opinion on whether the situation seemed the same to her. I know my wife has actually been pushing me to meet other CDs so tha I can have a different support that she can't give, but if I had a friend I'd known that long that came out, I'd be pumped.

dreia_doll
09-07-2011, 11:10 PM
When I finally decided that I needed to have that talk with my best friend, he got excited because it was now 2 of my wardrobes he could pick through... he came out to me directly after I told him my "little secret". Funny how life works sometimes :)

Marissa333
09-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I am assuming your wife does not know? Otherwise you prolly would have said something.

I think this is an awesome story. Not only do you KNOW your friend will understand your situation, but now have someone to confide in, trade fashion advice and possibly share clothes with. Would it weird you out to dress with a friend you have known for so long? Or would that just make it that much easier? Either way I think you should tell him, you have a great opportunity presented to you here.

diannecourtney
09-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Tready very lightly, everyone is assuming the news is good. Be very careful.

Paula Siemen
09-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Last weekend my wife was having one of her girlfriends over for dinner. On such occasions, I'm the cook and hostes and my wife and her friend just visit while I prepare dinner and tend bar. I love it ...its fun. I wasn't in fem....but was wearing one of my favorite black bras under a black polo, so I'm not too sure how visible my bra was to anyone. Usually before our guest arrive, my wife instructs to "Take your bra off." But thhis was never mentioned, The guest was an older woman whom has several close gay friends as do my wife and I. I was on the verge of coming out of the closet to my wife's friend if the conversation ever ventured into a related subject, but it didn't. I was able to maintain my inderdress all eveing and I'm not sure if the guest noticed my bra strap when we hugged at the end of the evening.
I am so tired of HIDING! My wife is completely aware of my crossdressing as our closet has clothing for three people, but I think she is affraid of too many people she knows finding out about Paula and how it could effect her??? I am definitely wanting to let everyone know of Paula. Maybe, I should have a debutant presentation??????

TGMarla
09-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Small world, ain't it?

Jenny Doolittle
09-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey Jessica,

I agree with those that said discuss with your wife. I think you could assist your friend, but because he is so brave to tell you, and you were a bit reluctant yourself, you could benifit from a friend that has a common bond.

A few months ago I told my best friend. he is not a CD, but still, it is nice to be honest with those close to you. I am pleased to say we are still close, He did not understand why, but said, "Hey, Whatever man, I still love yea!"

Jenny

diannecourtney
09-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I entertained my daughter and her husband at dinner this past Friday. They didn't know it but Dianne prepared and served them under the cashmere sweater and jeans in the complete undies she so desires everyday. Conversation never led anywhere but she was totally saluted on the effort put forth at least on the dinner.

NicoleScott
09-13-2011, 01:11 PM
I think he knows I do, but not sure.

He could have been fishing.

Ameli
09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
What an interesting world we live in and this story speaks loudly about the people we gravitate toward. It sounds like it wasn't the best time or place to have a serious conversation and I think it's likely better to talk to your wife about it first before coming out to your friend. Have you thought about talking to your friend about his use of the f word? It sounds like that is important to you. I use the four legged f word only when it's really needed and I leave the three legged one on the bathroom wall. Please let us know how this story unfolds!

Ameli

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I think he is fishing! Fishing for a way to enhance your trust and friend! Hugs!