PDA

View Full Version : Shared experience

SallyS
09-08-2011, 05:31 AM
When I dress up I never feel complete unless I am wearing nice underwear and hosiery.
Nothing beats the sensation of putting on a new pair of tights over freshly shaved legs:)

I was wondering if feels just as nice to women who wear them most of the time?

I mean I don't get excited when I put my socks on in the morning, but what do women feel like when they put on fresh hosiery?

I guess I should ask my wife, just seems a bit of a silly question?

I know when I put on a new suit I don't look in the mirror and admire my male clothing. However it does seem that women DO get some form of pleasure/excitement when looking at themselves in a new dress???....a bit like I do in female clothes.....is it just pretty and sensual female clothing that has that effect on both CD'ing males and real women?

Allsteamedup
09-08-2011, 05:56 AM
The simple answer to your question is that we get dressed to schedule, rushing out to work, changing clothes to be around the house, dressing to go out.......we don't have time to even appreciate what hose feels like!!!! We buy them for the shade and denier (thickness) for the job they do, very fine if going somewhere special, slightly thicker for the day job.

So please, please tell us GGs what it is you feel. Seriously. Then on a day when we are not so busy we could give it a try and get back to you.

As for the clothes, we dress according to the dress style of our girlfriends, so we all fit together. The colours and shapes match the place, time of day and lighting. So my SO is anguished about choice for his next support group meeting, a rural cafe. I shall wear something dressed down but neat, small jewellery and heels. That fits the occasion. He started with a dress in electric blue that I would wear to a smart dinner dance. He has two weeks to get it right.

It would appear that clothing for us and yourselves performs two different functions. Having the time to even admire ourselves or feel sensual would be very different from the lifestyle (or expectations) that most of our families have. And why would you think that admiring ourselves and feeling sexy out in public is what we do anyway?!

You clearly have a completely different notion about female clothing than GGs do. We know that. We just want to know where you got your ideas from.

Michaela42
09-08-2011, 10:39 AM
As a CD there are times that I will admit to feeling like SallyS described; but there are other days that it is much like Allsteamedup described as well. I under-dress as much as possible (panties and silky socks or hosiery) and I have been doing so for about a year now. It has become so common to me that unless my panties are new and I misjudged the fit of them I hardly even notice them at all. Now I still do get the 'RUSH' when I go all out, but it has change to what 'I' believe most GGs feel in that it is more of a sense of "I look good" rather than feeling "sexy". But this is just my two cents.

ReineD
09-12-2011, 12:00 PM
I was wondering if feels just as nice to women who wear them most of the time?

The feelings I get from my clothes are no different than the feelings a guy, who takes pride in his appearance, experiences when he gets dressed. I've noticed my sons and my ex enjoying new clothes they'd gotten and also the image they projected, whether it was an air of power and confidence from a crisp new shirt and a well-tailored business suit (my ex), or well fitting jeans, a great sweater, and a cool leather jacket (my sons). I take pride in my appearance too and I choose clothes that will project a certain image. And my image changes according to the situation, whether it is casual, dressy, or business-like.

When I dress for an evening out with my SO, even if it is a special dressy evening, I don't feel any more or less sensual when I put on my underthings and a sexy outfit. My sensuality comes from within and it is more a function of the dynamics that are going on between my SO and I. I can feel sexy just wearing blue jeans. All women, however, do know that sexy lingerie & certain clothes will catch the eye of their lover and we do wear these things to help "enhance" overall moods. It's no secret that men are more visual than women.

But to feel exited just over shaving my legs and putting on lacy panties & hose (even if they are silk stockings and a garter belt)? No.

Some members here will explain the difference in how GGs and CDs feel by saying that it's no big deal for GGs because we've been "allowed" to dress this way all our lives. But I've got to say that I didn't feel exited when I was first shaving my legs and discovering grown-up wear as a teenager. I just felt more grown-up.

Again, it's not a fetish for us. Sensuality comes from within and not from the clothes, even though we may CHOOSE to wear certain clothes when we are feeling particularly sensual. There's a big difference between the two. :p

Karren H
09-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Obviously my wife doesn't feel that kind of pleasure else she would wear nice things more often!! From her and those I've chatted with... Having to dress up is more of a chore than a treat. And after dressing for extended periods I can see their view point. Its a lot of work!!

kimdl93
09-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Some members here will explain the difference in how GGs and CDs feel by saying that it's no big deal for GGs because we've been "allowed" to dress this way all our lives. But I've got to say that I didn't feel exited when I was first shaving my legs and discovering grown-up wear as a teenager. I just felt more grown-up.

That's it! When I was finally able to shave my legs and wear a dress, I finally felt like a grown up!

Cheryl T
09-12-2011, 12:23 PM
My wife and I had this conversation and she wondered why we were so enthralled with the feeling of nylons. I suggested that perhaps since she has worn them so long that she's lost sight of the feeling of some of the things she wears. They have become second nature and hold no special interest any more. I suggested she think back to when she first wore them and remember those feelings and try to regain that again. It is a distinctly feminine item with distinctly tactile sensations. The next time she donned them she thought more about it and enjoyed it more on a different level. No longer were they in the same category as socks....and they never will be for me.

t-girlxsophie
09-12-2011, 01:31 PM
My Wife doesn't like The feeling of Tights and finds them uncomfortable,and when she does wear them,you can feel the relief when she can take them off.Have to say I do look in the mirror when I'm all suited and booted,after all it's usually for a big ocassion when I'm wearing my one suit.And I dont wanna look like a tramp when I'm stepping out with my good lady,and I know she does like me In a sharp suit.

Sophie

J'lyn GG
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Obviously my wife doesn't feel that kind of pleasure else she would wear nice things more often!! From her and those I've chatted with... Having to dress up is more of a chore than a treat. And after dressing for extended periods I can see their view point. Its a lot of work!!

Just because she doesn't choose to dress up very often, doesn't mean she doesn't like it. But, I have to agree with Reine. Sensuality comes from within. I have to admit, that if I have an outfit that looks good and fits well, I feel more confident. But that has nothing to do with the way the clothes feel. I HATE, HATE, HATE nylons. I wouldn't wear a garter if someone paid me. Oh, did I mention I hate nylons? lol

Anyway, when I am not chasing after a two year old and having an 8 month old spit up on me, changing both their diapers, watching my 12 yo's football games and fighting with my 15 yo, helping both with homework, amidst everything else I do in a day, I'll take the time to 'put together a look' on a regular basis. Which is why I say, just b/c a woman doesn't dress up often, doesn't mean she doesn't like to dress up. I'm lucky to get dressed and brush my hair before carting the kids to school in the morning. (My husband recently started working at home and commented that he didn't realize how much work it is just to take care of the two little ones, plus do everything else that is expected of a stay at home parent.)

WifeofWrenchette
09-14-2011, 05:25 AM
When I was young, say 16-21, I used to like to dress up and put on pantyhose. I wore silky dresses because that was the "in" thing back then. I used to like the feeling of being dressed up and it was a good thing because my jobs required it.

Now that I'm older, if I HAVE to wear hose, I do it begrudgingly and can't wait to get them off me. They are hot and sweaty and confining. I'm more into natural breathing cottons these days (I dress for comfort) and could care less about dressing up (only for weddings and funerals).