PDA

View Full Version : Ventured out again today

Carla
09-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I go out dressed fairly often but usually keep my distance from others. If I were to somehow develop a measure for "passability" it would be expressed in "yards". At 15+ yards away from the observer, I am very passable! LOL.

Anyway, I frequently do yard work enfemme, and I have traveled a little in my car, stopping for gas and hitting the drive-throughs for food.

I dress almost every day since I retired and today I needed to go to the pharmacy. Since I was already dressed, I decided, what the heck, the pharmacy has a drive-through so off I went.

I must admit, I was not the least bit nervous. I have not cut my hair in over two years and today rather than a ponytail, I wore my hair down. And I wore no makeup. At my age, little to no makeup is the norm for daytime chores.

Everything went great. The woman who waited on me was all smiles, and seemed like she wanted to chat. If not for another vehicle in line behind me, she probably would have chatted....but not about me! While she was dealing with the bagging, paperwork, printouts, prescription card check, etc, she asked about the rain and talked about going to school at night. All perfectly normal, unforced, natural conversation just as if I was a regular woman who dropped by every few months for a prescription.

I smiled all the home!!!

kimdl93
09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm glad to hear you were able to go out, run some routine errands and enjoy normal conversation about everyday things. It enjoy these everyday experiences too - they seem to help me feel that I'm "normal" too!