PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the viewers gone?

Frédérique
09-08-2011, 07:35 PM
Have you noticed that there are fewer “viewers” on the site these days? Here in MtF, where the most viewers can usually be found, the numbers are off by one-third to one-half, adjusting for inflation due to those ridiculous closeted vs. un-closeted debates of a month (or so) ago...

Why would there be fewer viewers all of a sudden? I mean, we’re past Labor Day, summer is unofficially over, the kids are back in school, the weather is getting cooler, and Halloween is just around the corner. Has the bloom literally gone off the rose? Have we exhausted all possible discussions about panties? Are there no new confrontations worth reporting, be they between man and wife, parent and child, or pervert and society? Maybe the tide is turning against US, and we are all about to be swept away, back into the sea of conformity. I can wax poetic, but where, pray tell, have all the viewers gone?

Are guilty pleasures going underground all of a sudden? Has Queer Street been closed until further notice? Are the sales clerks turning away trannies, trying to reinforce gender separation in society before it’s too late? I’m scratching my wig-covered head for answers – can you help me?

What topics could I put forth, in my inimitable Freddy-like way, to attract viewers back to the fold? Let’s see – try these ideas on for size:

1. My male cat is bi-curious, and I can prove it...
2. I really, really, really, really think I am most likely probably GAY...
3. I was vacuuming while dressed, but I wasn’t wearing a bra or panties...
4. I’m going out on Halloween dressed as a MALE – wish me luck...
5. Does anybody care what the GB’s think?
6. My best wig fell into the cake batter (again)...
7. I finally shaved my nose...
8. Does this corset go with these handcuffs?
9. I met the mayor at a prayer breakfast. Guess what?
10. I hate all NON-QUEERS!!!

There’s got to be something attractive to discuss, right? Let’s get those viewers back, because viewing is the stepping stone to active participation. Do you have any suggestions or ideas, other than telling me where to go? Since you’re viewing THIS (I hope), we’re making already progress...
:battingeyelashes:

Longing2be-Trisha
09-08-2011, 07:46 PM
I am here but have been very busy with life as summer comes to an end. Plus under a lot of stress with my wife about my transgender side and wanting to be female.

Hugs

cyndi2be
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I am a Transgendered person looking for conversation so I can fell better about who I am today - no sex - no showing - just plain talking and listening. Cyndi

docrobbysherry
09-08-2011, 07:54 PM
Maybe in Kanses. We're experiencing our hottest days of the year in SoCal. Everyone's out at the pool until 8:00pm. What's that in Kansas time? Like 11:00pm? Stay up late, Freddie we'll be on by then!

Seriously, tho. School just started here. Probably in Kansas, too? I think a LOT of us r family folk!

Torrey
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Frederique,

Don't really know the answer. Maybe it's just because life is ramping up for folks, especially for those with families. Having said that...

#1 sounds cool as I think my animals like Torrey better.

But #8 really piqued my interest.

Hugs,
Torrey

suchacutie
09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Well, if the visitors live in the northeast, they don't have any power, their houses are flooded, the roads are flooded so no one can fix anything, everyone is home so they can't be alone to lurk here, and everyone is worried that their roofs will be hit by a falling tree.

Then there are the fires in Texas. Oh, and lets not forget the floods in the mid South and the wild weather in the midwest.

So, unless the US lurkers live in the Rockies or on the west coast (except for San Diego which had a massive power failure), no one is out there!

:)

tina

Rebecca W.
09-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Have you noticed that there are fewer “viewers” on the site these days? Here in MtF, where the most viewers can usually be found, the numbers are off by one-third to one-half, adjusting for inflation due to those ridiculous closeted vs. un-closeted debates of a month (or so) ago...

Why would there be fewer viewers all of a sudden? I mean, we’re past Labor Day, summer is unofficially over, the kids are back in school, the weather is getting cooler, and Halloween is just around the corner. Has the bloom literally gone off the rose? Have we exhausted all possible discussions about panties? Are there no new confrontations worth reporting, be they between man and wife, parent and child, or pervert and society? Maybe the tide is turning against US, and we are all about to be swept away, back into the sea of conformity. I can wax poetic, but where, pray tell, have all the viewers gone?

Are guilty pleasures going underground all of a sudden? Has Queer Street been closed until further notice? Are the sales clerks turning away trannies, trying to reinforce gender separation in society before it’s too late? I’m scratching my wig-covered head for answers – can you help me?

What topics could I put forth, in my inimitable Freddy-like way, to attract viewers back to the fold? Let’s see – try these ideas on for size:

1. My male cat is bi-curious, and I can prove it...
2. I really, really, really, really think I am most likely probably GAY...
3. I was vacuuming while dressed, but I wasn’t wearing a bra or panties...
4. I’m going out on Halloween dressed as a MALE – wish me luck...
5. Does anybody care what the GB’s think?
6. My best wig fell into the cake batter (again)...
7. I finally shaved my nose...
8. Does this corset go with these handcuffs?
9. I met the mayor at a prayer breakfast. Guess what?
10. I hate all NON-QUEERS!!!

There’s got to be something attractive to discuss, right? Let’s get those viewers back, because viewing is the stepping stone to active participation. Do you have any suggestions or ideas, other than telling me where to go? Since you’re viewing THIS (I hope), we’re making already progress...
:battingeyelashes:

Frédérique,
I love the suggestions, here are my thoughts/answers on your ideas:
1. I caught my cat sleeping on a playgirl magazine.
2. More than likely gay because of the playgirl magazine.:)
3. Why, because I pointed the vacuum in the wrong direction and it ripped the bra and panties from my body.:o
4. I am so confused that I am going out as a nudist because the whole confusing issue on being gay or not gay or a crossdresser ???
5. Skip that one!
6. My wig fell into the batter and it came out of the oven with a perm with a frosted sheen!!! Oh my!!
7. I shaved my nose for the first time with a straight razor and now I need some serious plastic surgery. Maybe now is the time to make it look more feminine.:)
8. I guess that the corset would look good with the handcuffs, but I put the handcuffs on first and I lost the key.Oh my, a bad fashion mistake.:battingeyelashes:
9.He was dressed as a confused crossdressing NUN, and he cannot decide if he is also BI.
10. I am not sure because I am so confused about being a Bi male or a crossdressing Bi male. Or am I a confused Bi male posing as a lesbian crossdresser or have I been a true lesbian posing as a Bi male. I am just so confused that I now have lost track of what gender I was at the beginning.
11. I have lost my mind or I am not sure if I just misplaced it somewhere??
12. I have it all figured out, I think, or maybe not.
13. I need a drink, or maybe not, or should I wait to see what else happens.

NathalieX66
09-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Viewership probably happens in waves.

I was on this forum incessantly two years ago until I found outlets to go out.

Last Saturday I was out shopping en femme trying and buying womens shoes, and I tried on bought two pair of high heels. I don't know what information this forum could have provided me beyond what my own personal experiences offered. Don't get me wrong, this forum is awesome , and the best there is. You girls are the best! :gh:

Maybe some of us go through a maturation period.
I saw life for me beyond the closet, and the computer monitor......and i went for it.

Anna Bee
09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
For me it has been the lack of finding topics that are relevant to me and/or other members that I feel are more interested in posting their own 2 cents than contributing to an actual conversation.

That and I seem to have little to nothing in common with most of the girls here.

Apologies if I sound like a bitch :)

"Mary"
09-08-2011, 09:31 PM
You certainly have this viewer's attention. I'll select "all of the above" .

Rebecca W.
09-08-2011, 09:42 PM

I was on this forum incessantly two years ago until I found outlets to go out.

Last Saturday I was out shopping en femme trying and buying womens shoes, and I tried on bought two pair of high heels. I don't know what information this forum could have provided me beyond what my own personal experiences offered. Don't get me wrong, this forum is awesome , and the best there is. You girls are the best! :gh:

I saw life for me beyond the closet, and the computer monitor......and i went for it.

Nathalie,
I agree with your comments on, " I saw life for me beyond the closet, and the computer monitor......and i went for it".[/QUOTE]

I did about the same thing. This forum is a nice place to make friends and to be able to chat about the issues that occur in our daily lives.I also need to balance my online time with the the offline time. I took about a year off from the forum to sort out my use of this site and now I will try to limit it to a few days out of the month, or at least twice a week verses daily.

The topics are not the issue, life is what gets in the way.

Rebecca:)

IMkrystal
09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Maybe because, as we get closer to 2012 transgenders fear they will be left behind:devil:

Rebecca W.
09-08-2011, 09:59 PM
For me it has been the lack of finding topics that are relevant to me and/or other members that I feel are more interested in posting their own 2 cents than contributing to an actual conversation.

That and I seem to have little to nothing in common with most of the girls here.

Apologies if I sound like a bitch :)

Anna Bee,

Try this: Think of a topic that pertains to you and start a thread, then let us respond to it. Post a list of your interests and you should get some positive responses to that. Give this site more than a few months to make such harsh statements. Speak up like you have done and you will get more support than letting it build up inside and then vent it with anger.
Don't label yourself with the "B" word, you are better than that.:)

Kathi Lake
09-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Well, I put my lack of attention to this wonderful group squarely on work's shoulders. In this age of "doing more with less" I find myself doing much more with much less! Instead of posting every now and then at work, I find myself making countless lists so I don't drop anything down the cracks. Instead of posting here at night, I find myself on numerous conference calls with China until 11 or so at night.

So, it's not that I don't love you guys - I do! Really! It's just that I'm really, really busy. Heck, I haven't dressed in about 6 months, it seems. Sure, I'd like to, but, . . .

:)

Kathi

Sarasometimes
09-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I come here when time and interest permits. Lately I have been busy getting my kids ready and back to school and dealing with the inconvenience of a thing called Irene! Not personally affected but out helping those who were. I like the idea of visitors come in waves.

partymon1
09-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Frederique....I like number eight ;)

Kaitlyn26
09-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Short answer, they're all getting their kids settled in school or back in school themselves.

Long answer, I've always observed in the past that many times a member will be off and on, on this site. I think more members are off right now, than are on.

Jessica86
09-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Here in TX, we have lots of wildfires, and digits in the triples. Worst drought in TX history. All that keeps me busy with my job, and working 14 hour days is horrible. Also, summer time usually brings family issues, which I am dealing with also. I'm moving on top of that. Just over loaded. Dressing took a back seat, and so did all of my other hobbies. As the weather changes, I know that I will have more time. I am trying to be on more.

abigailf
09-08-2011, 11:16 PM

Yes, we need to increase subscriber-ship so we can gain a bunch of new viewers. Should we start a campaign to talk unsuspecting men and woman into switching genders?

Eryn
09-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Don't get me wrong, this forum is awesome , and the best there is. You girls are the best! :gh:

I think that I'm having the same experience. Posted a lot at first while developing the courage and skills I needed to go out. Now I'm going out with some regularity and therefore post a bit less because I don't need so many questions answered.

I do still enjoy everyone's support and also enjoy supporting others from my new perspective so I don't think I'll stop posting anytime soon!

Of course, new ladies are always joining up, so that should balance those of us who slow down a bit or leave outright.

The explanation might be as simple as a change in the way that the site maintains statistics!

Eryn

noeleena
09-09-2011, 05:32 AM
Hi,
Its not just this forum im on a lot & much the same with your summer time & the major issue;s that are happening over your way . little wonder we have seemingly lost members for now, , just life really,

...noeleena...

Frédérique
09-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Maybe in Kansas. We're experiencing our hottest days of the year in SoCal. Everyone's out at the pool until 8:00pm. What's that in Kansas time? Like 11:00pm? Stay up late, Freddie we'll be on by then! Seriously, tho. School just started here. Probably in Kansas, too? I think a LOT of us r family folk!

Well, we had a very HOT summer, and I noticed plenty of viewers every day I was submitting one of my nonsensical dissections of crossdressing mores. Of course, I don’t “view” for very long, so I’m part of the problem, but I’m probably here, one way or another, for at least an hour or so each day…

I DO stay up late, in fact I usually have breakfast and then go to bed – I’m the complete opposite of a normal person in more ways than one! Here in Kansas, school started in mid-August, which limits my transgendered movements around town, but I can (and will) adjust. Alas, I am NOT family folk, and never will be. No pool, either...
:sad:

9. He was dressed as a confused crossdressing NUN, and he cannot decide if he is also BI.

Nice try, Rebecca! Actually, the mayor of our town (I mean city) is a woman, and this area is overrun with Lutherans, hence no nuns. If the mayor IS bisexual, I can be her kept girly-boy, but I’m guessing she’s gender-specific (and square) in all ways. In case you're wondering, I didn’t vote for her…

BTW, I am intimately acquainted with Connecticut – what river are you “east of?” Is it the Connecticut River, the Thames, or the Housatonic?

I think that I'm having the same experience. Posted a lot at first while developing the courage and skills I needed to go out. Now I'm going out with some regularity and therefore post a bit less because I don't need so many questions answered.

I’m starting to think that maybe we should resuscitate the “closeted” discussions (even though they haven’t actually ended), since they seem to incite viewers and participants alike. Personally, I think you can go out dressed and still maintain a presence here, if only to inspire others. I’ll stay on the sidelines, though, and look elsewhere for new topics. Come back Anne, come back Suzy – I was wrong…
:eek:

Karren H
09-09-2011, 06:50 AM
I've been too busy posting on FaceBook, work, bought new RBK 9K pump ice hockey skates which need to be broke in, my ice hockey season started (won the first game with 0.8 seconds on the clock), got tired of discussing who is or isn't in the closet and why, working on house addition plans, 4 vehicles to maintain, football season started, and I'm still really really depressed because our beloved cat Fred died..... Sigh.