PDA

View Full Version : Long road traveled for now supportive wife

MarcyRex
09-08-2011, 09:06 PM
In the beginning, even though I did inform her before marriage it was taboo subject and not tolerated. Baby steps, my closet became her closet as my comfort increased. Her realization that I was nicer after dressing, and what attracted her to me was my "lack" of overcompensating male ego. More steps, less closet. A couple of outings with local CD/TG groups. Until present time, my SO is soon to be admitted into an extended care facilty for a temporary medical prob we cannot resolve at home. She blindsided me with: "You can visit me dressed up if you want to." Huge step for her (and [cue Mission Impossible theme] for me should I choose to accept this mission). I am, of course, going to be with her as often as possible while she stays there. I do not pass (6'+, 200lb+, 20+years of Military PT) but I do aim to be presentable. EnFemme: TBD.

NathalieX66
09-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Marcy, it sounds like your wife needs you more than ever.

I'm glad she is accepting....but going back to my first sentence.....

"Mary"
09-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Hooah for 20 years of PT. I think Nathalie has a good point. Your visits should be about her. Perhaps visit as Marcy when your wife is 99% ready to leave and just waiting for admin. Now when she gets home - I can suggest a dandy nurse's uniform that would be fun and set the tone of being there to attend to all her needs.

RADER
09-08-2011, 09:38 PM
My wife went through 150 days in the Hospital then 60 in rehab about 3 years ago now.
I have to do all the household chores, but I do not mind. She often tells me witch dress I should wear that
day. I also can never pass, 6'3" and almost 300 lbs. A size 30 dress, so if you can picture Paul Bunin in
a dress, well here I am.
I love her a lot, and will never leave her.
Rader

t-girlxsophie
09-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Earlier this year my wife was admitted to hospital for almost a month,she said a few times that she missed Sophie,but I never thought it a good Idea to turn up for a visit dressed (esp as would have seen a few relapses in the other patients with it being a psychiatric unit) but the night she came back home.I got dolled up to the nines,made her Dinner and spent the night cuddled up on the sofa together,good things come to those who wait.I hope your wife gets better soon and maybe you can do something similar for her

Sophie

Annajose
09-09-2011, 07:42 AM
She needs you to be with her, I do not think she cares what you wear as far as she is with you. I wish you both the best.

suchacutie
09-09-2011, 07:48 AM
I agree that part of her statement might be an attempt to remove any and all barriers from you being with her. It sounds like nothing would stop you being with her, but at times of stress the mind is not always clear. My suggestion would be to visit en femme only if she asks you to do so specifically. Otherwise, wait until she is ready to come home.

I do hope all of this is short and life can resume with your wife it perfect health.

tina

Cynthia Anne
09-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Putting your wife first is good! Putting your wife first when she really needs you is devine! Prayers are with you both on a speedy recovery! Hugs!

Deana ♥ Danni
09-09-2011, 08:15 AM
It is soooo sweet that you there supporting her now :) Maybe she feels this is a safe environment, and would be a good way for you to get out dressed.....

Pax et bonum,
Deana

Marcia Blue
09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Just support her, dressing can wait.

Tina B.
09-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Marcy, sorry you and the wife have to go thought this, I hope you can spend a lot of time there with her, those places can get really boring when not doing therapy or treatments. Just having you there by her side, I sure she would be glad to just have you there, how much she would have to explain to the other Patients and staff is something you might want to consider, and if she would really be uncomfortable having to do it. But when she gets home, I know my wife loves it when I dress up and then spend the day playing nursemaid, she loves me to mother her when she is sick, or down with a injury.I used to have a nurses uniform just for such times, but you just can't get a real one anymore, and I hate scrubs, just not as sharp as a starched white dress, and that cute little cap.
Tina B.

MarcyRex
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh there is no question that I'll be there constantly to care for her; after all, the Medical Staff are there to ensure health not necessarily comfort. We learned that a long time ago. Not disparaging the nurses but they can only do so much with the patient/staff ratio.
As for being enfemme, not likely, however, I am proud she has come so far from her original position that it is not a reflection upon her that I dress, and she is willing to publicly acknowledge I am her husband in drag. Of course, having a spate of separations and divorces among our peers (whose actions/judgments are perhaps not as faultless as perceived originally) may have something do with it. Wearing a dress is no longer worst-case scenario. It is all relative.