PDA

View Full Version : transgender,cross dresser, hobby, way of life, what's the dealio

cassandra54
09-09-2011, 03:38 AM
so there's been lots of threads on these subjects. transgender, cross dressing and is it a hobby or a way of life. well let's see.

many of us have experimented and worn women's clothes all our lives. many of us think it would be cool if we really were women, but don't want to have surgery to do so. many of venture out in public and want to be noticed as women.

we go on to discuss if it is a hobby or way of life. we spend countless hours with wigs, makeup, taking pictures, doing research and signing up for memberships on websites like these.

then after all is said and done, many of don't want to accept the term or label, transgender or think that it may be a way of life. does it really matter? we've spent a lot of time and energy to get to this point only to say we're not. face it people, we are at the very least transgender and if we can accept the term of cross dresser why is it so hard to make the next step?

i understand that most cross dressers are hetero. nothing wrong with that. yes i admit that i am bi, but still 95% of my intimate experiences have been with women. i don't consider myself bi-curious, transvestite, gay or anything else.

i think my point is this. i accept who i am and in a large part because of research and self examination. i compare all the definitions of these terms to what i am and yes, transgender definitely applies. in fact someone pointed out to me that i may be bi-gender or dual gender. but still the fact of the matter to me is: if i dress in women's clothes and i do, and i act like a woman and i do sometimes, and i've spent a lot of time doing these things and go out in public, then i have transcend my gender. hence i am transgender. i've said this before in replying to other threads, i don't have a problem with labels, whether it be left-handed, republican, transgender or bi. i am who i am.

Jessica86
09-09-2011, 03:52 AM
I understand what you are saying. The beautiful part of this all, is cross dressing is what you want it to be. That is, unless you are seeking to transition due to gender identity issues. I dress to express my femininity and for the excitement of being beautiful. I love it! If cross dressing is what you want it to be, I think you can label yourself whatever you want. Even when I told my wife, I did not say "I'm a transgendered person," etc. I just plain said "I'm a cross dresser. I like to dress, act, and feel like a woman." So, I label myself a cross dresser. I just don't see a reason to call myself transgendered. It's like saying I'm caucasian. I'd rather just say white.

erickka
09-09-2011, 05:34 AM
I agree with what you are saying, Cassie, and I have come to accept this part of my life as being who I really am. I don't do labels, and absolutely despise their use, but label me transgendered, that is O.K., since I am crossing gender lines. To me, self acceptance and the freedom of self expression is what it (my crossdressing) is all about.

Jane G
09-09-2011, 01:59 PM
The deal is, I like to like to wear women’s clothes and try to look as feminine as I can, for a 49 year old person who is 6ft 4 with size 13 shoes and hands to match.

I have long since stopped worrying about my gender, or sexuality for that matter. I'm me & I still feel like me however I am dressed. I prefare the sound of Cross Dresser, as apposed to many of the other terms used to describe what I enjoy..:wave:

*Vanessa*
09-09-2011, 05:05 PM
For the most part I know the who and what and I am very comfortable with me. It's the 'how' that is the giant wall for me.
I am relatively new to this form and I am all over it like honey on a bear. I am just excited to finally get some mental relief and hope it doesn't come off like I trolling for fresh honey (so to speak). :D
I have read many of your post Cassandra and enjoy everyone, thanks for sharing.

CynthiaD
09-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Mostly it's just fun to debate about these things. We can think about our state of being and decide which labels apply to us and which don't. Ultimately the details of our lives matter a lot more than labels, so in the final analysis it's not a big deal.

danielle.cd
09-10-2011, 12:16 AM
wife,and kids so i dress when i can and try to were my nightgowns to bed when i can , when the wife and kids are away i dress all the time till i have to work then when i come home out of work clothes into comfy womens clothing then to bed . with the ocational trip to walk around or try stuff on if its not to busy
i kinda have a post on this and got some lectures on labels tooo but hey no ones perfect its " do u hide behind the word crossdresser"

Cynthia Anne
09-10-2011, 05:53 AM
I am what I am! Call me anything you want! For I have been called worse! And I'm still what I'am! And that's what I'll always be! Hugs!