PDA

View Full Version : Girls, girls, GIRLS!

Frédérique
09-09-2011, 06:24 AM
“There’s that word again – GIRL!” (from the film Hard Candy)

In my ongoing quest to become less male, or less of a boy, I have transformed into a girl right before my eyes. This is my manifest destiny, a far shore I can never quite reach, but the effort itself has changed me – I am now the opposite of a boy, not a man, and certainly not manly. There is a special word for this blessed state: GIRL. What does “girl” mean, anyway?

Obviously, a girl is a female child or a young woman. Some believe that a female ceases to be a girl when she is 18 years old. However, others feel that “girl” can refer to any young, unmarried woman, and still others insist that a girl can be a woman of any age, married or single. A girl can be a maidservant, a sweetheart, or simply a younger form of a woman. I know many women who do not wish to be called “girl” under any circumstances – my sister is one of them. I also know a few females who like to be called girl, and they hang on to this moniker for a lifetime...

Here at MtF central, we call each other “girl” on occasion, and it sounds good, or reads well. In other parts of the forum, the word girl is frowned upon. I see no equivalent brouhaha about the word “boy,” but I digress. Speaking of boy, girl is the opposite of boy, and isn’t this what we are trying to achieve via our crossdressing? Since we were born male, we’ve been actively doing something about this unfortunate turn of events since day one, even though, for some of us, it takes time to become a girl. A magnificent undertaking, I call it, and I am placing these words among the girlhood I know and love – for us, “girl” is a term of endearment between friends or kindred spirits...

I read somewhere that girls are socialized to be sensitive, nurturing and friendly, yet they are far too often disrespected and abused by males (peers or adults). Are we MtF crossdressers disrespecting girls by wearing their clothes, emulating their posture and manners, or even trying to speak like them? Girls need lots of love, but so do boys, especially girly-boys. My girlhood is ongoing, and my behavior is openly girlish, in fact my girlishness is obvious to all. My male characteristics have been tempered or moderated out of sight, and my adopted girly characteristics speak for themselves. “What are you, a GIRL?” they say, and I reply in the affirmative. Well, I have to, don't I?

Girls rock, but not many girls would understand why a boy wants to BE a girl. In my case, I’m a Guy In Real Life (G.I.R.L.), but don’t tell anyone! I’ve met plenty of girls who don’t care a fig about girlishness, and I’ve met a few girly-girls who impressed me with their charm, manners, and gentleness – in my case, I want to be equally sensitive and gentle, and, since these attributes are attributed to girls without question, it makes things that much more difficult for a boy. The instant I display my effeminacy, I am branded a girl, but not just ANY girl – I am the kind of girl who is a soft, over-emotional human being, incapable of any true strength (as a male would define it). It’s not fair...

Since I AM a boy, and I wish to be a girl, I MUST be gay, according to the precepts of societal correctness. Much like a girl, I am a magnificent creature, gifted at an early age with the ability to empathize, significantly more emotional than my male peers, in fact it may be more beneficial to the world’s population that I am a girl (in a boy’s body). I am seen as inferior to genuine males, even though I have played a masculine role (with important modifications) to appease others for many years. Girls don’t want me to exist, but I do, and I wish they would understand that my crossdressing is neither a threat, nor a challenge to their femininity, nor a “trend” of some kind. If you’re a sensitive boy, this is a worthwhile outlet for expression, and you can emulate the girls you admire to your heart’s content. It takes some fancy footwork, but it’s fun and beautiful, also demanding, not to mention profound on a grand scale...

I read a few derogatory definitions of “girl” recently. They said that “A girl is the creation of Satan, designed to destroy the existence of mankind,” and “Simultaneously the best and worst thing that God created.” I’m pretty sure that insensitive males wrote those, probably ones who didn’t give and subsequently didn’t receive. Anyway, if being a GIRL is so bad, where does it leave boys like us who worship girls and girlishness without question, and then try to become what we admire? Granted we don’t all subscribe to the same notion of femininity, nor do we express ourselves uniformly – is it any wonder that nobody can truly understand the whys and wherefores of crossdressing, since the concept of “girl” is an abstract notion that defies description? You can be the girl you want to be, and good luck doing so, since you’re in uncharted waters, adrift in a sea of gender confusion, a long way from that shore I mentioned...

The simplest definition of GIRL is “not a boy,” and that’s exactly what I’m trying to be: not-a-boy. Why? Girls are COOL, and I wouldn’t be here without them (in more ways than one). Just as I’ve always done, I worship girls daily at my local (nearest) closet. I am SUCH a girl...

Am I not your GIRL? No? What does the word “girl” mean to you? :thinking:

“A girl phoned me the other day and said... 'Come on over, there's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home.” (Rodney Dangerfield)

LeaP
09-09-2011, 06:51 AM
I struggle with all of the gender terms in some contexts. I accept and use "girl" and "boy" for children, but that's about it. "Female" and "Male" seem anatomical and cold to me. I use them, but it actually feels clinical when I do. I dislike using "man" to describe myself and never, ever do so. I even blanch a bit inside at a complimentary use, as in "he's a nice man." "Boy," however, clearly does not work either, except for trivial usages (e.g., "seating is boy-girl-boy-girl" ...).

If "girl" then is for a child, what of "woman"? "Woman" seems somewhat less clinical than "man". I tend to use it pretty freely. I never use either term to apply to myself, however, dressed or not. It doesn't fit. My sex is male and my gender expression and identity is trans. Some use both, depending on whether or not they are presenting male or female. I use neither. And, of course, no-one in course of ordinary life asks about gender identity specifically.

My answer to your question is that both "girl" and "woman" convey to me accepted, cisfemale norms (all types). To me, taking them on validates the poles and invalidates trangender identity - at least the non-specific, multi-dimensional type - in a fundamental way.

Lea

cassandra54
09-09-2011, 07:19 AM
i like the term girl. i think a lot of woman of all ages are girls and act like them. ggs refer to themselves as girls all the time. my SO has a girls night each week with her friends and i am sure we've all heard the song, Man I feel like a woman, that starts out with "Let's go girls", i think the state of girlishness is pure magic. all of us who believe we transform into women would do well to emulate and develop all the girlishness as we can. for me one of the goals of being Cassandra is not only being a smart, sexy woman, but being a girl. i think doing that makes a woman ultra feminine and sexy.

so that being said..........."LET'S GO GIRLS"

suchacutie
09-09-2011, 08:30 AM
The first time the word "girl" turned up after we discovered Tina 6 years ago, it was in the context of my wife and I talking about what it is like (similarities and differences) to grow up as a "girl". In that context, being a girl was the process of becoming a woman; a process filled with the experimentation of and about the details of being "grown up" (read: woman) that are different but parallel to those of boys experimenting to be men, but also there were psychological and emotional issues that were very different from anything boys ever encounter.

About 4 years into being Tina, my wife one day announced that she thought Tina had made it to early adolescence. Tina was at the same time pleased to have come that far and distressed that there was so much farther to go. Now that Tina has reappeared after a brief hiatus, we'll have to ask what milestone has been met after 6 years (for the first time in ages Tina appeared last night and slept in her lovely teal silk pajamas, now sipping her coffee as she types this!).

So it looks like Tina is still viewed as a girl, but likely is in that awkward stage of sweet 16 if I read it right.

:)

TGMarla
09-09-2011, 08:43 AM
My wife uses the "girl" term rather freely. Two weeks ago she told me to go golfing because she was "having the girls over for a girl party" at the pool. I obliged her. Around her, I'm her man, not a girl at all, and certainly not a lady. So I went out with the boys, and did the men's thing.

But when I am alone, I am free to pursue my feminine moments, to engage in my own "girl time", when I can drop all the masculine posturing and relax into a more gentle nature. I can appreciate the more delicate things in life, the little nuances that only a girl can appreciate - the softness of my dress, the delicacy of my hosiery, and the scent of my perfume. I can enjoy lace, and pastel colors, and feel my hair as it cascades past my neck, and comes to rest upon the swell of my breasts.

The world demands of me that I act like a man, but it doesn't demand that I do so overtly and aggressively. I don't need to make bawdy comments all the time, scratch in public, or belch here and there. This is a man who knows how to walk in heels, because I have a girl inside of me. And this girl is feminine, womanly, and every bit a lady.

LeaP
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
My wife uses the "girl" term rather freely.

Interesting. My wife rarely uses it, and I've never once heard her use it to address a group. She always uses "Ladies."

Lea

BlondeFarrah
09-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Im spanish - speaker and I say that "girl" word sounds sexy

kimdl93
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Every now and then my wife will say "You're such a girl" I take it as a compliment!

Jane G
09-09-2011, 01:39 PM
My wife refers to her friends as the girls all the time. She most certainly associates the term with fun. I would love nothing more than to go with her when she steps on the train to London, for a weekend with the girls. But that is her time with her mates, we have ample time to enjoy each other company.

kristinacd55
09-09-2011, 01:42 PM
during Hurricane Irene, wife and I are on the bed watching the tele, I'm on the side with the controls.....and she says "move over girl!". WOW! What a complement!

sissystephanie
09-09-2011, 05:27 PM
I have always referred to GG's as "girls" regardless of their age. Most women take it as a compliment, which is the way I use it! I do sometimes refer to CD's on this forum as girls, but that is, at least to me, really incorrect unless the CD is a Transexual! I certainly don't consider myself to be a girl, regardless of the clothing I am wearing! I am a man and proud of it. But I do love to crossdress!!

sabrinaedwards
09-09-2011, 06:24 PM
One of the greatest things about being a crossdresser is being able to navigate between being a "boy" and being a "girl" I do not think that any of my friends would realize that I am a crossdresser. Yet I love thinking about being a girl even when it is not possible to be dressed as such. We crossdressers have the best of both worlds, eventhough the road maybe rocky.

Frédérique
09-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the state of girlishness is pure magic.

I agree. When I open my closet, and stand before my collection of skirts and pretty dresses, I often say (in a whisper) “Hello, girls!” and the magical transformation begins...:battingeyelashes:

My wife refers to her friends as the girls all the time. She most certainly associates the term with fun.

Speaking of fun, I once had a rather buxom female friend who referred to her breasts as “girls.” In fact I’ve heard many women do the same. My friend would say something like “I was riding in the car with Pete the other day. We hit a bump in the road, so I let one of the girls pop out just to drive him crazy.”
:eek: