PDA

View Full Version : The Crossdressers Theme Song

Nyx
10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
I just found out about the song Cherry Lips, from Garbage. I think this song should be proclaimed the Crossdressers theme song. At least for us younger crossdressers ;)

Lyrics:

She gave you everything she had
But she was young and dumb
She'd just turned twenty-one
She didn't care to hang around
So when the shit came down
Why she was nowhere to be found
This life can turn a good girl bad
She was the sweetest thing
That you had ever seen

You're such a delicate boy
In the hysterical realm
Of an emotional landslide
In physical terms

With your cherry lips and golden curls
You could make grown men gasp
When you'd go walking past them
In your hot pants and high heels
They could not believe
That such a body was for real
It seemed like rainbows would appear
Whenever you came near the clouds would disappear
Because you looked just like a girl
Your baby blues would flash
And suddenly a spell was cast

You hold a candle in your heart
You shine the light on hidden parts
You make the whole world wanna dance
You bought yourself a second chance

Go Baby Go Go
We're right behind you
Go baby Go Go
Yeah we're looking at you
Go baby Go Go
Aw we're right behind you
Go Baby
Go Baby
Yeah we're looking at you
Go

Debbie Kong
10-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Thats a nice song but I think that the crew from Monty Python really take the cake for producing the best ever song about crossdressing.

Like, I actually do cut down trees with my Stihl 038 Magnum and I have been known to hang around in bars. Not a pretty sight.

Debbie, in suspenders and a bra, in a life boat, somewhere in the southern seas, with a bunch of men that want to eat me. OMG!

Helen MC
10-13-2005, 04:04 AM
Apart from that, and of course the "Lumberjack Song" there are the Beatles "Get Back", the Kinks "Lola" , "Dedicated Follower of Fashion", and to an extent "Arnold Lane" and my favourite when I was a teenager was Doris Day's "I enjoy being a Girl"

Jamie M
10-13-2005, 05:45 AM
I presonally still like Madonna'a "What it feels like for a girl" (http://www.streamload.com/j_matterface/Madonna_-_What_It_Feels_Like_For_A_Girl.Mp3)

particulary the first few lines sum it all up for me , take a listen see what you think

Nyx
10-13-2005, 05:52 AM
I presonally still like Madonna'a "What it feels like for a girl" (http://www.streamload.com/j_matterface/Madonna_-_What_It_Feels_Like_For_A_Girl.Mp3)

particulary the first few lines sum it all up for me , take a listen see what you think

I know that song ;) It's pretty good, but it makes no obvious reference, however, to CDing. It's more directed at men in general.

Oh well, I say we need a crossdressing day ;) (or two... or 3).

Tiffy
10-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Thats a nice song but I think that the crew from Monty Python really take the cake for producing the best ever song about crossdressing.

Like, I actually do cut down trees with my Stihl 038 Magnum and I have been known to hang around in bars. Not a pretty sight.

Debbie, in suspenders and a bra, in a life boat, somewhere in the southern seas, with a bunch of men that want to eat me. OMG!

Debbie, you are so right. I know the feeling. I did not know at first (because I am younger than the Monty Python generation. I am 29) where that phrase came from. But, I was sitting around playing Tiger Woods 05 on my playstation around x-mas time last years. And I made a shot that went into the trees. The comentator on the came said "It's the lumberjack in him. Always wearing womens clothes and hanging around in bars." I freaked out, stood up and screamed at the game and said "How the f&*k do you know what I do. I am a third generation lumberjack from the Adirondacks of NY and the Catskills. I asked my mom the next day why the game would say that and she told me. I felt much better. My wife laughed at me real hard because I had a buzz and just flipped on the game yelling at it. As I was dressed at the time it said that.

Kisses, April

Helen MC
10-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Of course I forgot the famous song to the tune of "Winter Wonderland" by Weird Al Yankovitch "Walking round in women's underwear" :D I often play it at home when I am doing just that.

uknowhoo
10-13-2005, 09:23 AM
While it doesn't have to do with CDing per se, I'd have to say Shanaya Twain's "Man, I feel like a Woman" has to be my CDing theme song, noooo doubt. Do you recall seeing a Ford (?) truck commercial featuring that song? A guy was oblivious to all of his buddies looking at him funny as he passionately sang along with sweet Shanaya as they rolled down the road, verrrry funny. That wasn't you in the backseat of that truck, was it??

Jamie M
10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
A few of you have mentioned the all time great Lumberjack song , here a take on it that some of might not have heard - From the rereleased Bright side of life CD single the halzfaller song (http://www.streamload.com/j_matterface/04_Holzfaller_Song_The_Lumberjack_Song_-_German_Version.wma)

Jamie M
10-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Submitted for your consideration Pulp - Mishapes (http://www.streamload.com/j_matterface/01_Mis-Shapes.wma)

Mr Cocker more than likely didn't have TG's in mind when he wrote this one but I think that it is a powerful rallying cry for all those that society sees as being different.

Thoughts ?

erinma
10-14-2005, 04:39 PM
my gf always sings aerosmith's dude looks like a lady.

jo_ann
10-14-2005, 06:49 PM
don't forget garbage's other song "bleed like me"

Chris is all dressed up and acting coy
Painted like a brand new Christmas toy
He's trying to figure out if he's a girl or he's a boy

Best video, christina aguilerra - beautiful (crossdresser in it)

Gale R
10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
How about David Bowie's song Rebel Rebel with line "not sure if you're a boy or a girl" seems to hit the spot, my all time favorite male singer.:)

Hugs Gale.

Angela Burke
10-14-2005, 07:27 PM
It's got to be "the lumberjack song"!
I can remember when it first came out. (came out! whooo, a bit Freudian there!)
The next day all the guys (and girls) singing,
"Ah chop down trees,
Ah wear high heels,
Suspenders and a bra"!

Love Angela XX

Laurie Ann
10-14-2005, 10:06 PM
From the Man of La Mancha The Impossible Dream and no wise cracks about show tunes.

Tara Jordan Campbell
10-14-2005, 10:48 PM
At our monthly "Girls nite out".....NOTHING gets everyone on the dance floor faster than Shania's "Feel like a Woman"

OMG I even blush sometimes........DON'T tell anyone THAT.

alice-elliot
10-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Cyndi Laupers' "Girls just wanna have fun" ?