PDA

View Full Version : I let one of us slip away.

Kittyagain
09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I was at the store today in drab, When I got back to my car, a truck had just parked near me. The woman was very slow in getting out. I thought she is waiting for me to leave. I was getting ready to drive off when she stepped down from the truck then stopped and tied her shoe. I did stare this time. Pony tail, girl shirt and girl jeans. Very cute but still . . .

It suddenly hit me, she might be one of us. I tried to look without staring. There was just something about her that said we were alike. For the life of me I could not figure out how to approach her and not seem forward. In another brief moment she was gone.

A little sad that I may have let a friend slip away. We need girlfriends like us but they can be so hard to find.

Kitty

Jessica86
09-09-2011, 01:05 PM
What if she was a GG? :eek: That could have turned out bad...lol.

Kittyagain
09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
That was one of those things that slowed my action I am sure.

Kitty

What if she was a GG? :eek: That could have turned out bad...lol.

sabrinaedwards
09-09-2011, 06:48 PM
One premise I have is to act as you are dressed. I have read so many things about being read, but if you do people watching, you will find that many genetic females do not act very ladylike. As a matter of fact, I have seen females that look and act more like males. Perhaps that is what you observed. In any event, that is why I think many of us are passable, because we dress so appropriately.

kellycan27
09-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Had it been me I would have just left it to wonder. Maybe she didn't want to be approached to begin with. Even if I was sure she was a cd'er...
Do you normally walk up to strangers in hopes of becoming friends? :straightface:

Stephenie S
09-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Had it been me I would have just left it to wonder. Maybe she didn't want to be approached to begin with. Even if I was sure she was a cd'er...
Do you normally walk up to strangers in hopes of becoming friends? :straightface:

This is the only proper way to act in this situation.

Vickie_CDTV
09-10-2011, 12:09 AM
They might have been a TS living stealth, and might have been upset by being read and being approached by another trans person.

There was another thread about this topic. I generally agree with the consensus that it is best not to approach someone you read as trans due to the risk of upsetting or embarrassing them (not that one would actually intend to, but they may fear someone reading you and them by association.)

Ellyn
09-10-2011, 12:14 AM
It can be hard to determine "he or she" these days. I have had a couple of instances when I was left trying to decide what gender the person I just met came from. One was a pretty much male delivery "person", and I am about 85% sure he was a girl. There used to be a young person around the corner a bit who I saw getting out of "his or her" car, and I am 97% she was a he, and the clues were his size and that he was dressed more feminine than most women are these days. Kind of fun, isn't it?

I was at the store today in drab, When I got back to my car, a truck had just parked near me. The woman was very slow in getting out. I thought she is waiting for me to leave. I was getting ready to drive off when she stepped down from the truck then stopped and tied her shoe. I did stare this time. Pony tail, girl shirt and girl jeans. Very cute but still . . .

It suddenly hit me, she might be one of us. I tried to look without staring. There was just something about her that said we were alike. For the life of me I could not figure out how to approach her and not seem forward. In another brief moment she was gone.

A little sad that I may have let a friend slip away. We need girlfriends like us but they can be so hard to find.

Kitty

Cynthia Anne
09-10-2011, 06:00 AM
''How are you today''! Or say nothing at all! Depends on my mood! Hugs!

Yvonne York
09-10-2011, 06:01 AM
I noticed a girl once on a station in Munich. I am sure she was one of us, but just did not dare approach her.

Tina B.
09-10-2011, 07:00 AM
If you see a trans person, just smile and say good afternoon and keep walking, most trans people are not looking to be outed for good or bad, thank you very much. Just because you see another trans person, it does not mean they are looking for a new friend, if you are, try the local trans gender center in your area or a gay bar, that where you meet and talk to strangers, not out on the street.
Tina B.

Sarasometimes
09-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Some things are best left unsaid and this observation was one of those instances.
Be glad you didn't approach her. Maybe she was a CD looking for a CD friend, but most likely she/CD was looking to have an outing dressed and veiwed as a GG. And if she was a GG how would that exchange have gone? If you need/want CD friends simply attend one of the many support groups found in every state and some foreign countries. CD's who go there wish to meet CD's who go there. Be happy you did what you did.

Karren H
09-10-2011, 07:45 AM
I wasn't driving my truck yesterday and I certainly wasn't wearing jeans! Lol.

linda allen
09-10-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't watch the TV show "King of the Hill" much anymore but there was an episode where Peggie (Hank's wife) found out that her favorite shoe store was closing and it was the only place she knew that carried her size (size 16) shoes. One of the other customers in the store told her about another store where she could find her size shoes.

She went there and go her shoes and made friends with the other customers. After several days, she found out that they were all CDers and they thought that she was one also. Well, that wasn't good. In the end, she remained friends with them and helped them with their makeup, clothing choices, etc.

PretzelGirl
09-10-2011, 12:38 PM
If you want to make friends, go to the Meeting Place forum here and ask if anyone is willing. Just dropping in from the sky is not going to work with most people. Most of us when we go out aren't prepared to have someone drop a bomb on us. But if you really need a friend, ask.