PDA

View Full Version : Has The Trend Changed?

deebra
09-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Is it me or has the trend for acceptance by wives and SOers changed? A couple of years ago wives and SOers wanted no parts of their mates wearing fem clothing, something as small and insignificant as panties was a big deal to them and was grounds for a divorce but I haven't seen much of that lately. Just the opposit, some wives are accepting, go out with their CD's dressed and bring them home little gifts like bras and panties. Have wives finally seen they were being "hurricane-strength" over nothing. Their husbands are just doing what they have been doing for years.

cassandra54
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
the trend has sure changed around my house. i started dressing again about five years ago, mainly for bedroom times with my SO. during the last year, it has really taken off with me. i remember she was embarassed last october helping me pick out fem glasses, but i think she's come a long way since then. she doesn't want to talk about it much, but we shop a lot for clothes, sometimes she'll buy things for me, sometimes she washes my girl clothes and i dress pretty much whenever i want to. i am very grateful for this since her enabling has allowed me to feel complete in my life.
that was not the case though when i was married to my 2nd wife. i did dress, but she did not approve and it was only in our bedroom. in years gone by i think it carried a great deal of stigma. i think the trend is changing in the public eye and i think it won't be too long before it is mainstream. just look at how acceptance of everything else, (i.e. the glbt community, sexual preferences, polyamory), just to name a few is gaining wide acceptance. i look forward to the day when i can freely go out en femme anytime and anywhere i want.

Sandra
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
"Hurricane strength over nothing" .....I think you should read some of the posts here by the wives/partners. How can you say this when SO's have been lied to to sometimes years, the relationship has gone on the back burner because all the cder can think about is themselves.

Yes maybe things have changed and I would hope that sites like this have helped, in that we have a lot of wives/partners here who are at different levels of acceptance and help others all they can.

cassandra54
09-09-2011, 03:48 PM
"Hurricane strength over nothing" .....I think you should read some of the posts here by the wives/partners. How can you say this when SO's have been lied to to sometimes years, the relationship has gone on the back burner because all the cder can think about is themselves.

Yes maybe things have changed and I would hope that sites like this have helped, in that we have a lot of wives/partners here who are at different levels of acceptance and help others all they can.
you are so right sandra and believe me, sites like this have opened new doors for me.

Kittyagain
09-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Because of the governments requirement to have a quota for women in these bad times a lot of men have been forced out of work to make room for women to be hired. That I think gives more men more time to dress and that leads to more encounters with the SO. Could be less conflicts do to working wives. This is a WAG on my part.

Kitty

Sandra
09-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Because of the governments requirement to have a quota for women in these bad times a lot of men have been forced out of work to make room for women to be hired. That I think gives more men more time to dress and that leads to more encounters with the SO. Could be less conflicts do to working wives. This is a WAG on my part.

Kitty

What a load of twaddle...what that does is give a lot of cders more time to dress behind their wives back.

Kittyagain
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
LOL I think I said that.

Kitty

What a load of twaddle...what that does is give a lot of cders more time to dress behind their wives back.

Andi.Devine
09-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Wow.. That is a pretty one sided view.. I just recently came out to my wife of 25 years about my crossdressing.. She was a little hurt by me hiding it for so long, but she also completely understood why one might do so. And it has nothing to do with only thinking of myself.. It can be quite scary to share that with someone, not knowing exactly what the outcome will be.. I certainly did not want to hurt my wife at all, and also did not want to lose her either.. Doesn't matter how well you think you know someone, the outcome of letting someone know about you enjoying crossdressing could go either way..

My wife has been quite accepting since we talked about it, so much so that she has gone out shopping with me... I guess I am one of the lucky ones...

Kathryn Philips
09-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Nothing has changed for me. My wife remains just as homophobic and transgender-phobic as ever. When my wife finds out I continue to dress she will want to leave me.

Angie G
09-09-2011, 06:45 PM
My wife is very accepting. I would hope the trend as changed for more of my sisters everywhere.:hugs:
Angie

Gillian Gigs
09-10-2011, 12:48 AM
There is an expression, "be happy with what you got, you could have a lot worse". We all need to learn to appreciate the spouse that we have, it goes both ways. Maybe if we would love them more, things would improve on all fronts. Happiness in marriage is not just about me, it is about how the two of us can make it work through any circumstance, or situation. Having an attitude of gratitude goes a long way. That might be why some SO's are more accepting than others.

Kathy4ever
09-10-2011, 03:56 AM
This is an interesting question. I can only speak from my perspective. Two years ago my wife would search and throw anything away fem. Now I epilate my body. I wear panties, woman tanks, shorts,fem haircut, hoop earings on both side, toe nail polish, sandals that are fem looking,capris. I'm not sure she accepts but puts up with it now.I can now fill three drawers with fem stuff. Hey I want more like wearing make up out and wearing a skirt or dress and bra added to my to look. I can only hope that the progress I have achieved this year will continue and grow. So I can only hope. that things have changed.

Cynthia Anne
09-10-2011, 04:40 AM
I have seen changes thru-out the years! The biggest change has been me address! Hers there, mine here!!

PretzelGirl
09-10-2011, 10:43 AM
I think that feeling there is a slow moving change is realistic. It would seem that as general acceptance is greater, then spousal acceptance would follow suit. And while that general acceptance is no where near where we want it, it does seem to be getting better, primarily with the younger generation. So you would think that if general acceptance it greater, then we are more likely to come out to spouses (or girlfriends) at an earlier time which would seem to bring greater levels of acceptance on average.

cassandra54
09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
i've read that maybe as much as 25% of the male population dresses. who knows for sure, but when you look at the number of websites devoted to us, the manufacturers of breast forms and things tailored for mtf, it may be close. all i know is i have long since stopped being nervous about shopping for clothes, either by myself or with my SO. i recently had a shopping trip to SOMA en drab that was just lovely. And one time i bought some shoes at Penney's, walked around the store with them and had to return to the shoe department to pay for them. Without hesitation the female cashier said this to me"So how did that work out for you?" Now maybe she didn't notice they were women's shoes or that I was a guy, but I tend to think not.

kimdl93
09-10-2011, 11:05 AM
The OP was not about our individual experience, but rather whether women in general are more accepting than in the past. Of course, we have no way of knowing how women in general feel today about cross dressing, and no way of knowing how they felt in the past. What you read here may not even remotely reflect the general attitudes of women or society.

*Vanessa*
09-10-2011, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=cassandra54;2593140] i look forward to the day when i can freely go out en femme anytime and anywhere i want.[/QUOTE

That's it exactly. The term cross-dressing will fall wayside and people will simply be people. As it was pointed out in another post. There are two time in a man's life when cross-dressing is at it's finest. Between ages of 13 - 27 and 50 - 70 both for different reasons and both do to looks.

Between these bracketed ages maybe a person will benefit the fruits of their labour. Then after age 80(ish) we just sit on an old porch and drink beer and burp all day. Personally I think I will be fem 'til death.