PDA

View Full Version : a big thanks to all my sisters on this site.

cassandra54
09-10-2011, 12:49 PM
i was going to go to a meeting of a local support group today but decided not to.
1. I don't want to come across as anything, but I don't really need one and I think there are others who could use the resources more than me. The reason I don't think I need one is 1. I am comfortable with who I am, 2. My SO is cool with me dressing and 3. I've been out twice in public in the last week.
2. I have a busy life already. One more thing to be drawn into is just too much.
3. Internet resources and most of all this site, threads and most of all the members have been a HUGE help to me. Thanks you so much.

well here's how i got here.my crossdressing has really taken off over the last year. i've bought wigs, makeup and glasses. not to mention lots and lots of clothes. my SO has been there with me, but doesn't really like to talk about it much. this is not a surprise since she doesn't talk much about anything, anyway. but one of the remarks she has made was that we couldn't go somewhere because i was dressed.

so i thought two things. 1. we could go places while i was dressed and 2. i would really have to work hard to be passable or at least not stand out in the crowd.

so during the last six months, i started talking to her about us going out together while i was dressed. we've talked several times about going to a drive-through. i brought up the idea of us going to a movie at a local mall and she told me to look online and see what i could find out. well look online i did.

and here i am. i've been on this site almost two weeks now, made and read a bunch of posts and WOW!!!. you girls rock. thank you so much

sissystephanie
09-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Cassandra, welcome to "our" family!! At age 79 I am one of the older, at least in age, members on this forum. I have been a crossdresser for most of the time since I was age 6, when I wore my sisters panties. My late wife knew that I was a CD when we married and did my makeup and fixed my wig so I could go out as Stephanie. She made me very passable. When she died from cancer 6 years ago, I wasn't sure that Stephanie could ever go out again. I am not at all good with makeup or the wig. But I decided to go out dressed, but without the wig or makeup. Lo and behold, no negative comments!! i have been going out that way for almost 6 years now, and still have not heard one negative comment. I have had questions about where I bought a certain skirt, top or shoes but that is all. I am always happy to answer those questions!! And just to add something, for the past month and a half I have been going out dressed totally enfemme, but I have a mustache and a goatee!! So I definitely look like a man now!!

You look good in your avatar, so you need to dress up and get out in public. Remember, it is your life, not the public's !! But of course, you do need to consider your SO's feelings!! Don't push her!!

docrobbysherry
09-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Your welcome, Cassie! U exactly what this site is about! Finding out who u r and helping u move on with your life! If going out in vanilla public is the direction u wish, go for it! Sounds like you're on your way!

I prefer to dress as I am in my avatar. I've found that before I go out in vanilla public like that, I need to learn how to sprint in 5" heels A LOT FASTER!

Cynthia Anne
09-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Thank you Cassandra! The beauty of this 'place' is that we all learn from each other! Hugs!

Kaz
09-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi Cass! Glad you're feeling comfortable here... we may be wierd, but we are all wierd together! This site has quite simply changed my life... not just about dressing but about how I feel about everything. Realising and embracing this part of you is just so empowering...in the last few years I have also been able to realise and embrace other aspects of my personality/character... and ironically I have got better in my professional role as well... on the way to Nirvana!! I wish!