PDA

View Full Version : Are you KINKY?

Frédérique
09-10-2011, 05:07 PM
I was reading a post the other day – I forget who wrote it, where I read it, or why I was reading it, but I came across the word “kinky,” and I suddenly realized that I haven’t seen this word around these parts for a long, long time. This is unusual, because we MtF crossdressers are summarily dumped into the same basket with sexual deviants, nature’s mistakes, and all other sorts of perverted individuals just because we dress the way we do. Are we kinky as well, I mean without question? One person’s pleasure is another person’s KINK, but I’m getting ahead of myself...

What does the word KINKY mean to you? To many people, kinky refers to nonstandard sexual or sensual stimulation – anything but vanilla, in other words. I suppose that if a MtF crossdresser dresses for sexual stimulation, he (she) is a kinky individual, which may help to explain all this secrecy and friction with normalcy. Kinky also means to like things that may not appeal to a majority. Looking around at the relatively small number of crossdressers on this site, I think it’s safe to say we are doing something that does not have mass appeal. If you are someone who is open to experimentation, you are definitely kinky, but that does not necessarily imply sexual deviancy. Is there something you haven’t tried yet (in MtF terms), such as wear a wedding dress, or go out dressed to the nines, openly NOT blending in? This qualifies as “kink,” my friends...

Perhaps outsiders think MtF crossdressing (wearing the "wrong" clothes) is naughty, and, therefore, what we do becomes an example of kinkiness. Some people think almost everything at odds with normalcy is naughty, in fact kink can mean a bend or twist in something, also an imperfection, complication, or flaw. When we wear women’s clothing, we are actively bending normal behavior, investigating something we are not supposed to do. We are purposely kinky, putting a knot in the “line,” changing the flow of normalcy. This confuses the status quo, so we MUST be practicing a form of deviancy, even if we are merely side-stepping normal existence for the sake of experimentation – obviously, if we like the feel of the clothing (and who doesn’t?) we are sensualists, and, to society, we are purveyors of KINK as well. Sex has nothing to do with my crossdressing, but I am a sensualist, and therefore I am as kinky as I can possibly be...

But, hang on – there’s more. Nowadays, “kinky” means interesting, cool, awesome, even sweet. You can be cool and weird (to others) at the same time, and "kinky" describes this blessed state. If you are strikingly unconventional, and I think that label fits us MtF’ers quite nicely, some may see you as “quirky,” while others, once they learn of your secretive crossdressing, will pronounce you “kinky” without any further ado. How come I see crossdressers as extremely interesting individuals, peculiar and eccentric (at times), doing something that other males may only dream about, while outsiders see the same people as strange, queer, odd, perverted, irregular, and warped? It’s not fair, because I am not attracted to bizarre or deviant tastes – my closet is a repository of fetishistic objects, to be sure, but you won’t find any BDSM paraphernalia in there...

Kinky can also mean pansy-like – I read THAT somewhere. Need I point out that anything akin to pansies has nothing to do with pretty flowers (in this context)? Kinky=Queer=Perversion, and we purveyors of non-conformity are tried in absentia by those who wish to keep the “line” straight at all times. I’ve gone awry, and I’ve deviated from the established moral code, so I am therefore a kinky person. Correct, but the opposite of kinky is normal, and I cannot tolerate other (normal) people’s ideas of what “correct” behavior entails. I mean, who says? Imagine never experimenting during one’s life, never appreciating sensuality, and never having any fun – what a tragedy! Better to do what others don’t do, and be branded “kinky” for no good reason. Don’t get me wrong – I like vanilla, but I’ve tried every other flavor as well, and I will continue to do so. Society will continue to watch their kink-o-meters for any deviancy in the populace, but they’ll NEVER straighten me out. Can I hear an AMEN, my fellow kinksters?

Is it fair or unfair to call us MtF crossdressers “kinky?” What do you think about KINK? :thinking:

PS - I used to live on a farm with a large barn, and this barn had a loft. There was one small window, a low ceiling of sloping rafters, a floor that was supported by chains (it jiggled), and this small, dim space was only accessible by a wooden ladder. There was also a twin bed, and, when it was not too hot or not too cold, I would sometimes sleep up there. One day my ex-girlfriend visited, and, since we had no place to “go” on such short notice, I showed her my loft. After looking around the tiny room, she whispered “Kinky...”
:eek:

cdinmd206
09-10-2011, 05:14 PM
It's only kinky the first time you do it.

sterling12
09-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I am very kinky! It's a hassle for me and often ruins my life! I think I've become a social outcast because of it, and would do most anything to solve this dilemma.

Living in Florida, my Kinkiness is amplified, but I guess I'm stuck with it. Down here The Humidity is high just about all the time. It makes my Curly hair get even "kinkier," and sometimes it's just about unmanageable. I often look just like Larry Fein on a really bad day!

If someone could suggest an Anti-Kinky Gel or Spray, I'd be ever so grateful. Life is very tough when your A Pariah! Last week they set The Dogs upon me.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Cynthia Anne
09-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Well, let's see! My hair gets kinky on humid days! I don't know if that's enough to qualify me as kinky or not!:D

Mrs Roads
09-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I`m definitely a kinky or naughty girl, but not because I CD, but due to other fetishes that I can`t describe here due to the site`s terms and conditions. But lets just say I have a lot adult toys that would make a good girl blush :o I`m a very sexual, perhaps oversexed girl :battingeyelashes:

JustWendy
09-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Kinky? No. I think kinky has a sexual component, and there is no sexual component to my dressing. However, I do admire the presentation of some of the members here, and I may be guilty of copying from time to time. That may make me a Kinkos. :)

Wendy

sissystephanie
09-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Kinky is a word that is way older than most of the people on this forum!! All it means is something different from normal!! Nothing else, not sexual or anything! Since crossdressing is different from normal, I guess you could say that it is kinky. But since I do not like labels, I am going to maintain that I am just a crossdresser, and not a kinky one!!

Freddy, you could have asked the question in a much shorter way!! But I do like what you said, even if it was quite long!!

Torrey
09-10-2011, 10:41 PM
I thought Kinky was a musician named Friedman who ran for Guv'ner of Tejas a few years back. How could I not vote for a dude named "Kinky?"

Seriously...kinky tends to be seen as anything which deviates from the norm. If you see yourself as a non-conformist, I guess it's a compliment. I can't imagine defining myself as such, but if someone else does, that's their albatross. Just another label.

Hugs,
Torrey

Emilia
09-10-2011, 11:10 PM
I'd definitely say I was kinky, I have quite a few odd little fetishes and I'm anything but vanilla! It kind of goes hand in hand with my dressing, but I don't always dress for sexual reasons. For me the best thing is to mix my turn-ons when I'm dressed too. Makes it even better!

ZosKiaCultusC7
09-10-2011, 11:55 PM
As a fetishist, I do indeed feel that I fall into the category of "kinky".

Annaliese2010
09-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Oh for shore.........when it comes to sex, nothing off-lim for me...well, long as it's not injurious to health and well-being, that is :)

darla_g
09-11-2011, 12:21 AM
i would say yes to even leaving the CDing out of it

Tracii G
09-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Kinky? me not at all.

Kathy4ever
09-11-2011, 04:36 AM
At times I am. I have to becarefull and not be too kinky. My wife is a little to staight as an arrow. She was not that way at the beginning. She gets a little prudish at times. Not sure if it is because of the kids. She gets a little adventerous when get a room foom for the night. I have a question for you are you a writer or teacher in real life. Your posts are are so wordy. Not saying that is bad but you have such a grasp of the englisg lieteracy. if your not you should look into writing a book or writing a colum for a newspaper. Your words are so elegant. keep up the good work. Luv reading your posts.

Annaliese2010
09-11-2011, 03:55 PM
...Your posts are are so wordy. Not saying that is bad but you have such a grasp of the englisg lieteracy. if your not you should look into writing a book or writing a colum for a newspaper. Your words are so elegant. keep up the good work. Luv reading your posts.

No disrespect but I wouldn't say 'wordy'. To me, her writings are...substantive, coherent, informative, clear, expressive, well organized, insightful and thought provoking. Also...colorful, compelling, creative & original. Food for thought, that is. Oh yes I agree she is very articulate with a twist of elegance...often leaving the reader sad to reach the end, wanting more to read, never less. And so it is...if one word had to be chosen to describe Frederique's writing the word that comes to mind is...'Delicious'...often with a dash of humor for desert :)

BRANDYJ
09-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Please call me kinky.I would hate to be considered vanilla! However, what is kinky to one person be perverted to another. To some anything but the missionary position is kinky....poor souls.

Wallaone
09-11-2011, 05:56 PM
For me, it's the 'kink' I like as it relates to the sexual experiences. But those are separate from my dressing moment.

SusanLCD
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm with BrandyJ. Who would want to be vanilla, anyway!?

I don't think I'm kinky. Only a male in a dress (and forms) with reasonable (IMHO) makeup skills, high heels, nylon hose, and a female-styled wig. What could be kinky about that? :idontknow:

bridgetta
09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Coul have come from me. I definetly been using that word lately. Kinkier the better

eluuzion
09-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I think there is a "line" that differentiates "kinky" and "creative" in most minds. The line is broad for some and narrow for others. It is rigid for some and flexible for others. For me, "kinky" is one of those terms that hinders the creative process every time it is used. I try to avoid using such terms. It just sucks all of the oxygen out of my room, lol.

I suppose I will just toss out my "ambiguous" answer and let others interpret it...:)

I am a very curious and thus, creative person...:D

:love:

NathalieX66
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
"Sexual deviant"...........this should only apply to rapists, pedophiles, incestors, and necrophiliacs, anybody with ill intent.

The rest of us are sexual variants, not deviants. I'm a gender variant to some extent, like many here on this board.

We must get away from this word deviant, and replace it with variant.

Kinky sounds like fun. I'm a fan of Ray Davies. :D

Niya W
09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
It's only kinky if you don't like it . There are varying degrees of kinky. There is using the feather and then there is usingthe whole damn chicken. Me . I'm more of using the whole ostrich.

Niya your sweet innocent virgin angel.

Frédérique
09-12-2011, 04:09 PM
But lets just say I have a lot adult toys that would make a good girl blush I’m a very sexual, perhaps oversexed girl.

I hate to say this, but you are NOT alone...;)

I have a question for you are you a writer or teacher in real life. Your posts are are so wordy. Not saying that is bad but you have such a grasp of the englisg lieteracy. if your not you should look into writing a book or writing a colum for a newspaper. Your words are so elegant. keep up the good work. Luv reading your posts.

Thanks for the compliment! I am not a writer, and I am not a teacher – I am a visual artist, and I write purely for relaxation. On this site I like to dissect certain words and terms, as they relate to crossdressing, and explore what they mean, or what they imply – call it a hobby if you will. In this case, the word “kinky” carries unfortunate connotations (if you want to see it that way), but, on further examination, it’s not such a BAD word after all. I embrace my kinkiness, and wear it like a badge of honor. It’s just another way to say pervert or deviant, and, since I have most definitely deviated from an accepted path through life, and perverted myself in the process, I don’t mind being called either one of these descriptive terms. It all boils down to a question of being interesting (rather than boring), non-conforming (rather than conforming), and truly alive (rather than not alive at all). Since the choice is mine, I’ll be kinky, thank you...
:)

I am a very curious and thus, creative person...

Me, too... :battingeyelashes:

eluuzion
09-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Here we go...this should clear up any confusion...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK8bZ1iZTxM&feature=related

We can just blame everything on the Kinks...:drink:

:thumbsup:

:love:

kimdl93
09-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I prefer the term "creative"

Audrey34
09-12-2011, 07:30 PM
I guess I fall into the category of "kinky". Since I draw, photograph and have even posed for "damsel in distress" bondage imagery. And I have a fondness for pantyhose and heels which is also considered a "kink". But please, that "deviant" stuff really puts me off. I'm with kimdl93, I prefer "creative" also!
-Audrey

Annaliese2010
09-13-2011, 12:18 AM
"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls. It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world, except for Lola. Lo lo lo la Lola. Lo lo lo Lola..." (Lola by The Kinks). Aint it tha truth? :battingeyelashes: