PDA

View Full Version : Had a Great Day

Wendy_Marie
09-10-2011, 07:35 PM
My morning started off rather boring as my plans got changed unexpectedly around 10:00 p.m. last night when the older Grandson decided he had to come spend the night.

I had plans for the day which included dressing and running some errands as Wendy which were placed on hold due to my overnight company....I never feel bad or let down about not dressing when it comes to such situation's as I describe here as my Grandkids are my world...and Grandson number one who is four is still getting sue to the idea of a Girly grandpa....we have had a few set backs lately so I don't want to push him.

Anyway, Grandson number one goes home with Daughter number 1 just before noon so I do the shower, shave and get ready thing only to discover I am dog tired..so I lay down to take a nap in my makeup sans wig etc...I only intended to take a short nap and figured I could still accomplish my errands...wrong.

Just as I got to sleep the phone rings and it is daughter number 2...she has been out and found a bed for the youngest grandson who is graduating from his crib to a big boy bed and she wants to know if I can come and pick it up as she can't get it in the car.

I inform her that I can't get there quickly unless she is alright with me coming dressed ...to which she replies.....I don't care if you don't.

She has seen me dressed and interacted with me several times over the last few weeks and seems totally comfortable with it...but it has always been here at my house....until today.

Anyway, I do my hair and head out the door and go meet her at a private residence just a few blocks away. She has it outside when I arrive and helps me load it in the Durango when the person she bought it from comes outside and she goes to head them off as I close the doors ....I hear them ask is that you mom..? and hear her tell them...Yes thats my other Mother and hearing this I know that I was beaming....This person waves to me and I half heartedly wave back not wishing to push the boundaries any further today.

Anyway, we end up grabbing a bite to eat after we unload the bed at her apartment...then I spent several hours helping watch grandson number 2 who is one year old...while mom does laundry and finishes up some school work for one of her classes.

The grandson took only a few minutes to warm up to me (He has met me before dressed) and I think it is the different color of my hair and the fact that I even had hair that has caused him to pause (I usually keep my hair very short)...after a few minutes I didn't get the time to even sit down as he was constantly grabbing me by the hand and pulling me up to go with him to search for a toy or reaching his arms out for me to pick him up to go sit on the porch and watch as the began falling.....it was an amazing feeling to be so accepted by this little guy..and the topper was walking into the bathrrom with him and seeing myself as Wendy holding this little snot nosed booger picker in my arms....and yes...I cried seeing this.

Overall, I didn't get any of my errands done today, but it was such a good day afterall..

Eileen
09-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Cynthia Anne
09-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah Wendy Marie! That's what makes you so special! You always take things in stride! Job well done! Hugs!

Melody Moore
09-11-2011, 01:15 AM
It is always nice to have days that are really affirming like this in the earliest stages of transition
because when others dear to you accept you for who you are. Then you can find freedom & have
real peace & contentment in your life. I am sure there are many more moments like this to come ;)

Wendy_Marie
09-11-2011, 07:00 AM
It is always nice to have days that are really affirming like this in the earliest stages of transition
because when others dear to you accept you for who you are. Then you can find freedom & have
real peace & contentment in your life. I am sure there are many more moments like this to come ;)

Melody...you know what? I think...and hope that you are right.

boardpuppy
09-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Wendy, I know Melody is right and hope those wonder feelings and days start today.
Alice