PDA

View Full Version : I'm "OUT!"

Diana Bain
09-11-2011, 08:15 AM
At 58 years, 8 months, days, 14 hours and some odd minutes I walked out the door into the world as Diana. WOW!!!!! My wife and I where sitting on our balcony (both dressed in skirts, tops, heels, etc) and I looked at her and said "I want to go out...lets go for a walk." I think I caught her by surprise...she gave me this blank look...and then said "are you sure?" and I said "lets go, I want out!" I think a couple of adult beverages helped lol. We both changed clothes...I put on black jogging pants and a nice gray stripe tank top. Out the door we went. Here I was outside...I had a roller-coaster of emotions... Granted its was twilight, but I was out in the real world. My wife and I walked about two miles...passing people watering their lawn or sitting on their porch...cars went by. Then it happened...we live on the top floor...our neighbor was standing at the stairs...crap! Panic swept over me...my wife and I hid behind some bushes until the coast was clear and we laughed as we made a mad dash for the stairs (what a puss I am sometimes.) Once inside my wife told me how proud she was of me. I owe her a tremendous amount... her love, acceptance and support of Diana is remarkable. I love you Gigi!!! Well, it's a start. To all of you that have gone before me and to those waiting to take that first step out and who have posted on this site...thank you!...your words and insight also made it possible for me to walk in this world as Diana!

*Vanessa*
09-11-2011, 08:27 AM
wow - you go girl :)
congrats xx
v.

Wendy_Marie
09-11-2011, 08:35 AM
congrats and it sounds like you do have a very sweet and special Wife there....give her hugs from me.

DonniDarkness
09-11-2011, 08:36 AM
My wife and i are sitting here and i read your story to her outloud. We both laughed at the "We hid in the bushes" part. TOO CUTE!

Inspiring Diana.

Oh and i need the recipe for that adult drink that gave you so much courage!! -giggles-

-Donni-

AllieSF
09-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Way to go Diana. The hiding in the bushes until the coast was clear makes a lot of sense to me. I go everywhere, EXCEPT, anywhere near home! I respect both sides of being out in the real world, and I am more than comfortable with my way of enjoying it all. Next time maybe a drive and a walk in a park, in town or somewhere nearby. It really is liberating when you finally get out there. Just keep it within your own personal comfort levels. Also, congrats on having such a super wife.

PretzelGirl
09-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Adrenaline rush! Sounds like a great memory.

katlady
09-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Your a lucky gal to have such a great wife!

Kristy_K
09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Congrats Diana, I took the chance 3 weeks ago. I found it to be a head rush. I also found that people accepts you more than you might think. When I go out I am so happy I think people like it. It seems that happiness is like money, everyone want some. I have gain more friends in the last 3 weeks from going out. I think it is because I can't stop smiling and they see I am happy and they want to feel some of it or something. Either way I love it. I am enjoying being me so much that I am now transitioning. I just want to free myself from my prison. The lady's really like to be around someone who is truly happy from what I have learn.

Eryn
09-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Congratulations on the big step out! Yes, the leaving/arriving at home thing is a concern for us as well. No strolling around the neighborhood for Eryn. A few miles of distance does wonders for my (and my wife's) calm and confidence.

Give Gigi a big hug for all of us, she is a gem!

Kaz
09-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Congrats Diana... a moment you two will cherish for ever!

Daphne
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Way to go Diana :D :cheer: Im sure you must have also felt like a kid in a candy store.

Launa
09-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Way to go. Congrats!

toriwilliams
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
congratulations diana

Diana Bain
09-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks to all for your response's...it was and is a life event I'll never forget.

Maria 60
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Good for you. Saturday my kids were both working and for the first time in a long time i had 5 to 6 hours to myself. I

Torrey
09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Diana,

I couldn't be happier for you! What a great wife you have. We came home from a walk one day and our neighbor was walking around in front of the driveway. Nice guy, but...you know how it goes. I didn't have a bush to duck behind, so as soon as he turned away, I made a beeline for the door.

Hugs,
Torrey

GG Kathy
09-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Congratulations. I hope this is the first of many.