PDA

View Full Version : Clothes shopping and an overheard conversation

Kerigirl2009
09-11-2011, 11:16 AM
A few days ago my wife and I took our children shopping for new clothes, My kids love Marshalls for some reason so this is the place we went last. We entered all six of us and seperated to wherever they wanted as they picked out their own styles.

I was helping my 10yr old son and my wife was with my younger daughter while my older boys roamed and shopped (like a typical boy)

Another family with two teenage boys was shopping the racks and I hear them talking about the styles of clothes.
(not what I would have expected)
The older teenager says to his mom and brother

"Well if you cant find his size, just go over to the womens section because they have better selections, and they are all looking the same nowdays"

this shocked me coming from a teenager. Next quote

"You have to roll with the styles because everyone is wearing the same clothes now days, guys, girls, and transgendered people" (I would not have thought a teen would have known that word, much less used it within earshot of his mother.
I would venture a guess that he was not a CD judging by the way he dressed and carried himself. Just didnt fit the role.
But this got me thinking "wow there is still a chance of acceptance in my lifetime"
I wish there where more teens like this to help shape the acceptability of be who we want to be and dress how we want to dress. Kudos to his upbringing.

Alicia Bell
09-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I've put myself onto "Tagged" which is a social networking site as Alicia and it's amazing how many young people (18-23) actually accept me and almost embrace my cross dressing. It's something I really didn't expect!

Jill Devine
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I would venture a guess that he was not a CD judging by the way he dressed and carried himself. Just didnt fit the role.
There is no specific "look" for a CD when they are in drab. Almost impossible to always read a CD when they are out and about in their regular male role.

wadevikingfan
09-11-2011, 01:40 PM
i do think a lot of guys wear womens clothes...especially the jeans...the skinny jeans...i have to try on my wifes jeans, but i am sure i will this fall and see if i can wear them out in public

Kaitlyn26
09-11-2011, 01:48 PM
10 years ago when I was in high school, a young man wearing female attire was accepted. Now the people from 10 years ago are out in the world. I'm not surprised in the slightest that he said that. It's probably "old hat" to him.

If you want acceptance make friends with younger people, and dismiss the older generations as the a** backwards oldies that they are.

Kerigirl2009
09-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Let me clarify how this young man was dressed, Exposed boxers, sappging pants, straight brim hat tilted and crooked, wife beater tank and hooded sweatshirt unzipped.

I would never stereotype what a crossdresser looks like nor claim to be able to pick one out. But if I see someone that looks like myself I would more then likely suspect he is a crossdresser as there are some good signs. (well groomed nails, eyebrows, shaved legs and arms, maybe more femme colored clothing. This teenager did not give any indication of being a CD. But who really knows unless he was to confirm.) ITs just a feeling.

I am one of those Oldies 40 years young

Wade- I have three pairs of womens jeans- a few more weeks till that happens though LOL TTYL

Of course there is NO specific look, but there are signs that WE know that WE can pick up on as A CrossDresser, not that it is always right but its still a sign.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
09-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow so beautiful, this has made my day. I have been watching Asian Pop and many styles for guys including the hair are androgynous, I think that this is really cool for telling all who watch that it is acceptable to be who you want without ridicule. Sigh and I think the girls are just stunning.

Rachel Morley
09-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Wow, that is an interesting thing to hear. I've been told that teens and young 20 somethings are more relaxed about what clothes people wear and gender expression in a general sense, but I've never experienced it in public myself (yet) ... not unless you want to include my 21 year old step son as I found out the other week that he has apparently told his buddies about me and they don't care one bit ... (or so my wife says) but I'm not too keen on finding out just how accepting they are.

juno
09-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Recent surveys show that a large majority of young people are accepting of gender diversity. It really is not that far off. Most of us will be around long enough to see a lot of progress. The young members here will probably see a beautiful world in their lifetime.

Daphne
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
You're right Keri, that would have shocked/surprised me also. Maybe by the time the world ends in 2012:heehee: we might have a world were everyone is accepted regardless.

Joann Smith
09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I have a 21 year old daughter .... her friends contines to amaze me with ....her generation is quite different in the way they view us ...to say that she is supportive would be a gross understatment.....the problem i have is slowing her down ....she has this grand idea where she is gonna debut Joann at her wedding...

Joann

Chickhe
09-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Recently I was in a thrift shop and a teenaged girl was helping her teenaged boy friend find womens jeans... no big deal for them although they were discreast about it. ...I was in the next isle over in guy mode picking out women's wear... I just smiled.

GG Kathy
09-11-2011, 10:20 PM
I just think it is so amazing. We always expect the younger generation to learn from us, sounds like some of our generation could learn from them.

natalie1990
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Of course there is NO specific look, but there are signs that WE know that WE can pick up on as A CrossDresser, not that it is always right but its still a sign.

hnmmm well the clothes I normally wear consist of camoflauge, and body armor. I talk about football, and have a deep southern accent. this is while I am in public. So do I exhibit the signs of a CD?

Ellyn
09-11-2011, 10:51 PM
I watch a tv show called Instant Cash where people go up to this special machine, expecting to pull a few dollars but instead get invited to play a game show where they have a chance to win $10,000. A young couple were on one day, and the operator of the machine asked the young couple why they were wearing each others clothes. They replied that they just do it. The clothes were definately not gender neutral.

renee k
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=Jill Devine;2594718]There is no specific "look" for a CD when they are in drab. Almost impossible to always read a CD when they are out and about in their regular male role.

Hi Jill I can't agree with your statement. My CD radar is always on. The things I look for go past the clothes. Like lack of arm hair, neatly shaped eyebrows,longer than normal nails neatly manicured. Below average weight. All of which I'm guilty of displaying in male mode. And now that my HRT is kicking in body shape. I think GG's are better at reading this than we are.

Renee

Kerigirl2009
09-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Very good Renee K, these are the exact kind of Visual Ques that I look for when I am deciding if I think a person may be a Crossdresser. It has Nothing to do with the clothes. If they are wearing womens clothes out in public then you dont need visual ques because it is staring them right in the face.
But I am glad some people can read through the lines and understand where I am coming from.
We as crossdressers of course usually accept eachother because we can understand.
Rachel M- I would be so nervous seeing my kids friends if they knew about Keri, so I can understand what you may be thinking now that they know. For me I think my kids suspect something is different about me but they have not asked me yet. But you probably know how teens are, Curious about anything that is not theirs and they rummage when your not home.
Daphne- I cant believe how so many people believe that the world is coming to an end in 2012, I certainly hope they are wrong again. LOL but it will no doubt be an interesting shopping season right up until that moment. LOL
Natalie1990- I dont know if you display any signs of being a crossdresser as I have never seen you in person, Clothes are one thing but its also what we do to ourselves like shaving and grooming, basically a metro look, do we workout? do we look more femme then other people? how do you carry yourself, in a very macho manly way or are you one to let things roll off not worry about what otheres may think of you. These ae some basic things I look for when I am trying to determine if I believe someone may be like myself.

Vickie_CDTV
09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
One thing that confuses me about the scenario is why the teenage brother told them to look for his size in the women's section. Assuming the person they were shopping for was a boy, wouldn't it have made more sense to tell them to look in the men's section for his size? Maybe his brother is actually a dresser and they all know it?

Nikki A.
09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Girls jeans are a little more tailored than guys so if he's thin and short girls sizes will fit better. After all all jeans look alike unless they have designs on them. All my jeans are womens and they just fit better.