PDA

View Full Version : Winter pantyhose.

Sandra H
10-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Hi Girls.

Well the summer has about gone although it is mild for the time of year, sorry to start by talking about the weather, but I am British and we spend about 50% of our time talking about the weather LOL.

What I am getting at is around this time of year the GG’s turn from wearing tan tights (pantyhose) to dark colours either black or mostly nearly or barley black. I wear tights everyday under my DRAB and I was noticing that more and more women are changing to darker colours and I thought to myself I must get darker tights next time I buy some.

What I would like to know is do any of you girls do the same and buy darker tights in winter. I will be wearing 40 dens opaque when it turns really cold which is better as I don’t wear socks with them. Mind you the socks I wear now are the knee high opaque so even they are girly. Could not bring myself to wear men’s socks.:eek:

Take care.

Jamie M
10-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I have been noticing this aswell amongst the GG's and it's totally understandable. those thin tights must get pretty chilly with our winters ;)

I think i may have said this before somewhere else but hey ho, i'm actually doing things the wrong way round , I'm just ditching my opaques and dragging out the nude and tan 10den's as I'm only allowed to shave my legs over the winter and I'll be damned if I'm going to stuff them away in opaques again ;)

Wendy me
10-13-2005, 06:26 AM
i would say yes i love the hose and do so miss bare legs of summer on the darker shades i think it's because thay lose the tans thay had so on to darker colours .....

Wendy-Anne
10-13-2005, 08:26 AM
Ooh! Winter! Lucky You!
Despite a loving and caring GG who loves to play "dress ups" with me, the leg shave is not yet a realitiy. Sigh. So sheer and tan are definitely off the menu.
Here in Oz the season turns inexorably to summer. Long and hot. No place for those wonderful slinky shimmery silky sensous opaques that I love so much.
:(
Another month and it will be too hot even for normal pantyhose.
Oh well, just have to make up for it with those lovely long gypsy skirts that seem to be in this year.....

MelissaM
10-13-2005, 08:29 AM
Funny you should mention that. It seems that my hosiery colors coordinate with the sky. Sunny days it's suntan pantyhose. Cloudy days, off black or black. Don't know why, really, but thats the way it usually works out. In my profession, pantyhose are necessary. Although I do see other women in my line of work that are bare legged - I just don't think its professional.

Stormgirl
10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Just wear long johns and call it a day

Sandra H
10-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Funny you should mention that. It seems that my hosiery colors coordinate with the sky. Sunny days it's suntan pantyhose. Cloudy days, off black or black. Don't know why, really, but thats the way it usually works out. In my profession, pantyhose are necessary. Although I do see other women in my line of work that are bare legged - I just don't think its professional.

Hi Melissa.

I agree seeing women in bare legs does not look very professional when at work. I wear pantyhose everyday no matter the weather, my late wife was the same she thought bare legs was un-ladylike unless you are on holiday.

It's nice to see a GG who like to wear pantyhose, welcome to the forum.

Take care.

black leotards
10-13-2005, 07:36 PM
:cool: Bring on the darker (and sometimes not so dark) tights! :thumbsup:

urban gypsy
10-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I bought me first black 40 dens today so it must be getting colder.