PDA

View Full Version : I am not transgender because...

RachelOKC
09-11-2011, 10:28 PM
I found this lovely and well-written post linked through T-Central (http://t-central.blogspot.com/). In my eyes, the author just gets it. I could never had said it so well myself.

I am not transgender because... (http://genderadventure.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-am-not-transgender-because.html)

Shayna2008
09-11-2011, 10:36 PM
That was a nice post for sure. I could relate to some parts of it. Thank you for sharing this RachelOKC.

renee k
09-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for posting the link. I totally agree with your take on the article.

Renee

Melody Moore
09-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Hi Rachel, I also agree with your take on the article, but the really weird thing was for me when I read it I had
something like this running through my head only yesterday, but with a few more transgender myths than this.
The reason why I have been thinking about it is because I want to write something simple & to to the point
myself that dispels the myths & can remove stigmas about being transgendered & this is a great way to do it.

So thanks for the post & this affirmation for a great idea. ;)

ReineD
09-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I am transgender because I know that what I am inside is not what I am outside. ... I just want to try and adjust my body to my mind as much as possible. Even if it is all in private and under my clothes.

This is really sad. It sounds as if she is TS, and I wonder how long she'll be able to keep this up.

ashleymasters
09-12-2011, 12:59 AM
It is a really good article. I am only recently coming more to terms with my little "secret hobby". It's been difficult to define. I feel like I defy every genre and classification. Typically in life I am a very alpha type, virile and masculine. It feels very contrary to me to dawn my lady persona. I feel a little like a bulimic, binging and then purging. It's a little cheesy but I've taken these online surveys and done a lot of research about trans personalities. It seems I am equally feminine and masculine. I can reconcile that to my life in of itself but it's hard to feel like I can have both without compromising one or the other. Any tips. I just know this is part of me and I don't want to be ashamed to do what makes me happy or feel like I have to choose between parts of myself.

Rianna Humble
09-12-2011, 03:00 AM
In my eyes, the author just gets it. I could never had said it so well myself.

I am not transgender because... (http://genderadventure.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-am-not-transgender-because.html)

I think that the author does express quite well the difference between why she is transgender and the effects of being transgender, but like Reine, I find the comment about keeping it private and hidden to be rather sad.

It seems I am equally feminine and masculine. I can reconcile that to my life in of itself but it's hard to feel like I can have both without compromising one or the other. Any tips.

Hi Ashley, and :welcom: to crossdressers.com

I can't tell you how to get over the feeling that if you express both parts of your personality then you will compromise one side or the other, but gender is not necessarily binary. Some members just feel the need to express feminine aspects of their personality through occasional cross-dressing and there is nothing wrong with that. Other members are bi-gender or dual-gender and will express either masculine or feminine as appropriate at the time. Still others (like the majority of those in this particular part of the forums) know that their gender does not match their natal sex and need to transition, but there is room for all of us here.

I don't believe that you need to choose between parts of yourself and hope that your participation in this site will help you to find what is best for you. :hugs:

Kaitlyn Michele
09-12-2011, 08:22 AM
That's so sad.. i feel for her... 61 years old is not too old to make changes..

in my mind, the idea that i would never let myself "get old" and regret my life was a huge factor for me..

I liked the way it was written for sure though..