PDA

View Full Version : Best way to meet new CD'ers..?

ecwds
09-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi all!

First of all i'd just like to say hello to everyone - Seems like a nice community here!

My question to you all is this: As a CD'er (in England) who isn't "out" and doesn't plan on being out (I CD once every month or two - would like to more, though!), how do you go about meeting new people?

Now i've tried 'dating' sites but the trouble I had with them is most people seemed so ignorant on there!! Plus, i'm always a little reluctant to part ways of money to speak to people..

I'm 24, and would love to spend some time with some other CD'ers in my age bracket :)

Now I know this isn't an "advertising space" (this site), i'm genuinely interested!

Thank you in advance all!

x

Tara D. Rose
09-12-2011, 01:48 AM
Well hello and welcome to the site here on crossdresser.com. I'm not an expert on how to meet another cd, but if that was my hearts desire, then I would click in to something like, crossdresserdating.com or transgenderdating.com genderbender.com etc. This site is for cd's that discuss cd,tg,and ts issues with eachother, and 50% of us disagree with the rest of us on here on 80 % of any issue that arises, but persoanlly, I welcome you to the forum, I hope you learn something on here. I have learned a hell of a lot on here.
LOve & Respect.....................Tara

ecwds
09-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Thank you very much for the reply :) Are they free dating sites? As I said, i'm really no cheapskate, but i'm a little fed up of shelling out for the priviledge of talking to new people..

This seems like a great community, and believe me, already just from reading a few bits, i'm learning..! :)

Are there many Brits here, Tara? Because essentially, i'd love to meet someone through here, who isn't ignorant and understands where i'm coming from :) x

Caroline2tone
09-12-2011, 06:33 AM
ecwds,
it will not take you long to discover that, whilst we are certainly in the minority on this superb site, there are many Brits on here. If you want to PM me I might be able to give you a steer on your quest.

Caroline

kristinacd55
09-12-2011, 06:43 AM
My way was to join a group and meet new friends in person finally! Got together with them all on Saturday night and had a wonderful night. I joined meetup.com over here.

Amber_Lynn
09-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Try plentyoffish.com. It's a free dating site. They don't have a transgender category but I'm sure if you chose your sex as male and used a pic of you dress and put in your profile that you were TG most would get it.

Melissa Jill
09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Where do you live? Theres a couple of groups in/near wiltshire.

t-girlxsophie
09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Welcome to the site,good to see another UKgirl here,I find the best way to find other CDs,Is to go to a local Support group in your area,theres plenty all over the UK,as well as finding like-minded people,you can learn so much from such places.Thats where I started this journey and I have never looked back,good luck with your search

Sophie

Jilmac
09-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. Perhaps you might try to locate a transgender group in or near to your community. I don't know if they have specific group names in the UK but here in the states there are many TriEss chapters. Most are free of charge and accept visitors interested in meeting others. I would steer clear of dating sites unless you're looking for a hookup. If your intent is nothing more than friendship, I think the transgender group is the way to go.

HairyBethCD
09-14-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm near Southend so possibly not that far from you but if you're more interested in dating, I'm probably not the one for you!

Windy
09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello there! I'm also a young CD (20), I'm also from England, and I'm interested also in meeting people in the same age range as me. Welcome to the forum, and when you get to 10 posts don't worry about me adding you :3.

Barbra P
09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Hi

Not being in the UK I can’t give you specifics but I think you have gotten good advice so far. There are a number of members on this forum that live in the UK and I would recommend that you get your initial 10 posts in and become a full member. Once you are a full member you can utilize the Private Message (PM) system, you can also receive Visitor Messages on your Profile page, and you can make friends.

When I joined in May I quickly posted the required 10 posts and then I sent some PM’s to members who stated they lived in the same general area that I live in. I also joined a transgender support group in San Diego and was a little surprised to find that a few of the members on here also belong to the support group. Last month we got together for 90 minutes before the scheduled meeting and had a beer, chatted and got to know one another. A few of us are planning to do the same this Saturday. Other members of the forum have also shown an interest in getting together for a cup of coffee or to go shopping.

What type of relationship are looking for and what is your sexual preference? Are you interested in dating other MTF cross dressers and are you Gay or Bi? If not, then I don’t think a dating service is what you are looking for because the type of people who would want to date you are going to be Gay or Bi.

Several other posters mentioned that there are transgender support groups throughout the UK and I would think that such a group might be the preferred way to go if what you are looking for are other cross dressers that you could have a friendly relationship.

Lynn Marie
09-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Like Barbra said, you have an incredible resource for meeting other CDers right here! You may have to be willing to give out a little more information about yourself especially your approximate location, and then PM folks within easy commuting distance. Keep in mind that the vast majority of CDers seem to be quite private and often hidden deeply in some dusty old closet, but there are a few of us out there who genuinely want to meet others, establish friendships, and hang out together. One of your new contacts may even help you out the door and into the wonderful world of "the world"!

Brenda Freeman
09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi, I am from the US, like many have said find a support group if you google crossdressing groups and your area, you may find them, There also is a site called urnotalone.com, I believe it includes the UK and many other countries where you can find crossdressers there pictures and interests. And of course this site is great so many helpful people everywhere. Good luck I know getting started can be a challenge finding friends is a great way for support! I am so glad that younger people are getting out and expressing who they are!

Shelly Preston
09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Hi there

The best way to meet new people is to find a local tg group. Most have a varied age group and them being local will be able to give more suggestions. The good thing about the group meeting is you are all there because of being transgendered and you wont need to go dressed unless you are comfortable do so. I would avoid dating sites for now, especially as you are not 'out'.
You are right you should not need to spend money to meet people other than travelling to a local town or city.

Get to know people first and make friends. You can have a lot of fun shopping etc