PDA

View Full Version : The "great escape!"

Diana Bain
09-12-2011, 03:32 PM
So now I've walked out the door into the real world as Diana (once, but it's a start.) Almost got busted by our downstairs neighbor (he did tell my wife that he saw us walk by and asked who the tall woman was?...lol). So, those of you that do go out...I'm curious...do you just walk out the front door en femme?...or do you use other means? Any good stories?

Karren H
09-12-2011, 03:45 PM
I've walked out the front door a few times. And the neighbors didn't even glance my way... Very uneventful.

Jackiefl
09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Out the front door all the time,neighbors have seen me with no problems.

AllieSF
09-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I am very brave outside of my safe zone around where I live. I go out, maybe dressed, but without the wig, lipstick and earrings. I finish up in a nearby parking lot, with no hassle. I live in a condo in a court with several units around mine. We all know each other, so I go for semi-sleuth when leaving. Since I always get back late when most of my neighbors are in bed, I just drive in my garage and shut the door. Let's just say that I respect my self imposed limits.

Mikaela
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
I live in a two level apartment complex with doors that open to a courtyard. I live in back corner apt on the 2nd floor. If I go out my door and just in front of my neighbor's door, there are steps down. Crossing 2 more apartment doors, I can then walk out a side door to the street. When I know I'm going out, I try to get street parking. Otherwise, the entrance to the garage is through the center of the courtyard and down, which means potentially walking by anyone coming in or out of the complex instead of just the handful of potentials the side way.

I'm fine coming in late through the middle, but when I go out, if there was no street parking, I walk out to the street and then through the front door and then into the garage. I've never been spotted by a direct neighbor, but I have been seen before. No one cared.

I always go out complete, never half done.

Nikki A.
09-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Since I usually leave in the AM on Sundays when I head to church, it is pretty quiet so I go out all dressed hop in the car and go. I bring a change of clothes for when I get back in the afternoon when more of my neighbors may be out. Of course if the weather is bad I go home just like I'm dressed. So far so good no sightings reported.
The only time I have been seen dressed and acknowledged, was on Halloween when I took the dogs out for their walk when I got home. But it was Halloween and I was dressed as Mimi, blue eye shadow and all.

sissystephanie
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
I have gone out the front door many times. But if I am leaving in the car, I go out through the garage. Don't think my car would go through the front door very well!!LOL Neighbors never seem to notice me! Either that or after 20 + years they don't care!!

Wendy_Marie
09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
The only issue I have had is that living in a 4-plex we have some new neighbors who have two boys..one abut 7-8 the other is 10...I usually just glance out the window before walking out..not that I care anymore but I am avoiding exposure to all my neighbors until it becomes necessary.

One time I was out a little later than normal and I came home and lo and behold my drive way was filled with little kids from 5-13/14 years in age...it caught me so off guard and I wasn't ready to deal with this at the time......So since all 4 apartments share the same driveway entrance and parking area..i just drove on by and ended up waiting almost an hour until dark before finally coming home.

Cynthia Anne
09-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I go out the door fully dressed quite often! Not many problems! My signature explains how I handle the situation!

Danni Renee
09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
I unfortunately cannot just walk out my front door. I live in an apartment complex with many other members of the military in the complex so walking out the door dressed is not going to happen any time soon. I typically bring my stuff with me and find a place to park and change and put on makeup. No funny stories yet but the laws of probability say that I likely will one day!

Duana
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I used to freak about the neighbors. I live in an apartment surrounded by people. I gradually quit caring as I was seen by one after another. Now that I dress for the way home from work, I park and walk right up. I take out the garbage, go get something out of the car, check the mail, whatever. I don't care what they think anymore.

lingerieLiz
09-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Over the years - I sneaked in and out, only to find that the neighbors took great pleasure watching me wak around. Little did I know the curtains were so thin they could see me.

One day I was dressed in my new place. Just the screen door and it was not locked. Neighbor walked in on me thinking he might be able to help with the moving.

The list goes on, but you get the idea. The truth is that in every single case the neighbors accepted who/what was going on.

Yesterday my neighbor came over to ask a question. It was not hard to tell that I had on a bra even without makeup. I wear shorts, sometimes skirts, tops and if anyone comes by they see and get what ever.

The truth is, so they know, what can they do to make your life miserable? If they don't like you, so what. Most of the neighbors around me know and still are friendly. To me it is a non issue. Only if they could cost you your job is it important.

PretzelGirl
09-16-2011, 09:05 AM
My rule is that I will go out ready to go and not worry about what the neighbors will see. I do avoid being in their face (yard work dressed, etc) but I won't make my life difficult in the process. That may change someday, but not yet. I suspect if he ever says anything about seeing me. He is a radiologist and a great guy, so it probably isn't an issue.

My only close call was when I pulled into my garage once and hit the remote to close the door, I started hearing this honking. My unknowing brother-in-law had pulled in behind me. He kept honking until the door shut (how rude :heehee:). So I ran in for "a bathroom break" and my wife waited in the garage to talk to him.

lijdi
09-16-2011, 11:12 AM
At 2am in the morning in my area, and about 12am in my girlfriend's area, which is a main road where people are too busy to look. Just a walk down the road, nothing much to be honest

Cheryl T
09-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I just walk out the front door. It surprised me the first time my wife suggested it. We don't socialize with the neighbors much and she said "who cares if they see". That being her philosophy I second that emotion. Now I come and go as I please and the heck with the neighbors.

Alice B
09-16-2011, 03:50 PM
When I go out it is via the garage. Fully dressed I get in the car, roll the windows up and then hit the garage door opener. Come home doing the reverse. If I were to go out the front door many neighbors would see me and I do not want that. I do go out on our balcony late at night, sit outside my office door and go out by the pool. But, always when it is dark.

joandher
09-16-2011, 04:03 PM
So now I've walked out the door into the real world as Diana (once, but it's a start.) Almost got busted by our downstairs neighbor (he did tell my wife that he saw us walk by and asked who the tall woman was?...lol). So, those of you that do go out...I'm curious...do you just walk out the front door en femme?...or do you use other means? Any good stories?

All I think about that ,is, you must have been very convincing if he didn't recognize you as you,when you see him next tell him that it was your masseuse.

I often just walk out, get in my car and go ,only once did a neighbor ask who was that lady that borrowed your car yesterday, I told him it was my sister then he asked if she was married, I thought my god, you need your eyes testing

Hugs J-JAY

Kittyagain
09-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I was fully dressed and it was a beautiful night so the wife and I walked outside in front of the house. Then flash, the motion detector flood lights came on. Oh crap! I just about broke my neck running to the house. Funny now.

Kitty

Stephanie47
09-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm an in home cross-dresser, but, on occasion I do venture out en femme. I really do not want the neighbors knowing. With my wife away for four nights, I've had plenty of time to be en femme. Last night I did make a trip outside and drove my car. I was fully dressed, including a low heel shoe ( 1 1/2") which I bought specifically for driving. I don't want to chance getting a four inch heel caught by the accelerator or brake. I live on a residential street with a fifty foot driveway. The front door is seventy feet from the curb. I don't have a motion detector above the converted garage, so I leave the lights off. To minimize the clicking of the heels on the concrete, I walk in the grass to the car. When I am going to take a drive, I leave the car door unlocked for quick entry. Since I am the only driver in the family, I normally make sure my outfit is not too flashy-no white dress. Last night I broke my rule and wore a knee length white dress with black a black print with matching black and white heels. I wore a black windbreaker as the weather was cool. I had full makeup and my wig on. I usually carry a change of male clothing, but, since I was in full makeup I decided against it. Taking off the makeup would take too my time, if the need arose. Before venturing to the car I can see whether any neighbors are coming or going. My end of block is blessed with an absence of young kids and teenagers.

I planned my last night's walking trip to return books to the library. I parked down the street and strolled to the night book return slot. I had no problem. I'm getting really good at wearing heels. While leaving the book return slot I saw a man smoking a cigarette from a balcony which was fifty feet away. No cat calls! No insults! No recognition at all, which tells me I can maybe pass from a distance. Of course my grey wig would deter some unwanted comments. Thirty years ago I wore a blond wig, which did attract unwanted cat calls from passing guys, who did think I was a young woman. Sometimes age has its benefits.

To night I'm planning a walking trip around the area of a local grocery store. So, I have an appropriate shopping bag from the grocery. Many times, if I just want to go outside, I take the garbage out to the trash can or recycling bins.

I'm like Karen. I only wear dresses and slips and heels. No pants. If I wore feminine jeans and a top, as long as I put my wig on in the car, there wouldn't be any challenge to going out.

renee k
09-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Once I'm out the door, I'm out there, if you will. If I see a neighbor, I just give them a smile and a wave. And I'm on my way.

Renee

stephanieg
09-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I walk out the front door with no problem at all,people around my neighborhood know I am a crossdresser.Great neighbors I have that are very acceptful and been so great to me.

Kaitlyn26
09-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh you did it this time. You asked for a story. I've got one for you!

When I was about 19 I started going out for the first time. I enjoyed walking at a nearby beach/park type place that was often abandoned. On my way there I noticed a red truck following me. I thought, okay, maybe he's going somewhere else. He was making every turn I made. So I got a little nervous, but I still went on to my walking area. I stopped and parked in the normal lot, he parked too. So I was starting to think something could be wrong but I figured, whatever, it's a beach, he could be coming here also. So I went walking down the sidewalk and he started following me. I began to get very nervous, thinking he was up to no good. So I walked faster and took one of the small dirt paths to the side of the area, that crossed through some small abandoned coves, and got in front of him far enough to hide under an overhang. He kept walking past me and into the next little cove. So I scrambled over the erosion preventing rocks, while using the ridge that the overhang was on for cover from his sight (wearing a skirt and heels), and ran (yes, ran!) away in the other direction as soon as I got over the rocks. I found out a few weeks later that he was a private investigator that my parents had following me, to find out where I was going. Moral of the story? Every person that follows you isn't out to get you, and P.I.s are not the smartest people in the world (or that one was just really bad at his job).

Diane Smith
09-19-2011, 01:23 AM
That's bizarre, Kaitlyn. How did relations with your parents get so bad that they thought they needed to hire a PI to find out what you were doing? And how did things work out when you found out about it later? I can't imagine that it helped build any emotional ties between you ...

- Diane