PDA

View Full Version : Parties, Raves, and clubs.

Katie Lynn
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
I started this mainly about an event, so I understand if it is moved. The purpose of it being here was to generate some more conversation on the subject and get input from those that have had positive experiences so that others can gain the confidence they need to do something they may dream of.

Not sure if there are any SoCal ravers out there, but if so you should really check out this event. www. nocturnalwonderland .com Sept 23-24

P.L.U.R. - PEACE.LOVE.UNITY.RESPECT.
If you want to go dressed then go for it. I'd say you probably want to at least somewhat be passable as there will be 40k other people there and while PLUR exists among the majority, there are always idiots out there. That said, I see bad crossdressers at raves all the time and have seen a handful of problems. When there was a problem, you would be surprised how quickly an army of ravers will come to your defense (that was an amazing thing to watch). What you have going for you is thousands of other girls running around in skimpy outfits. Its a place to be sexy without looking way to out of place. And hey, if you look out of place who really cares? Its a party, it will be dark all night, you may just find yourself on the middle of the dance floor realizing that no one cares what you look like. It could be a really uplifting experience.

I will be there dressed both nights, very appropriately sexy ;). I regularly go out, and don't have much of a problem passing. Plenty of raves and never a problem with anyone.

If anyone is interesting in going it would be cool to have some people together. Dressed or not, it would be cool to meet up. I would suggest that if you are confident with your look then you should feel free to come dressed knowing there will be people with you that have your back.

I can remember my first few, intense to say the least. At that time I wasn't really what I would call passable, maybe to a lot of other people, but not my standards. My hair was grown out and I was just as tiny as I am now, but I didn't have the "look" or "attitude" down. I started with a big halloween party and never looked back though. After that I hit another big party with a few thousand people and at that time realized "its going to be ok, this is how it should be when I party". Walking around a party being checked out, dancing and grinding on the dance floor, living it up to the music, and doing it feeling like yourself...doesn't get much better.

Now, how many other people out there have been to raves or big parties dressed? How did it go for you? Any interesting tips or experiences you would like to share with people. Its one thing to go to a gay bar dressed, its another experience when you hit the public that isn't looking for you.

On that note, something to remember: When you go to a gay club it may give you that sense of being out and having fun, but you are also in a place where people are expecting cds and are far more likely to point you out. If you hit a real club/party and are somewhat passable, you will find out quickly that everything is fine. People dont just look around for people dressed as the opposite gender. Even if they did, how many have the guts to say something with the possibility that you are just a manly looking woman? I've found that in going out anywhere, the biggest problem you will have to deal with is yourself.

SweetIonis
09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
That said, I see bad crossdressers at raves all the time and have seen a handful of problems.

It sounds fun, but I'm not in S. Cal. I was wondering what is the deal with the bad CDs and problems. Can u give an example?

Katie Lynn
09-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Ive never seen anything physical go down, but ive seen a few drunks go off a couple times. The one that really comes to mind was a rave in the way-way-too-conservative-for-me midwest. I was there dressed and not having any problems, a good time with friends. There were 2 others I saw and In NO WAY did they pass, but at the same time you could tell it was an honest attempt, not some ppl just being jerks dressing up like women. Some drunk guys came along, typical frat boy douchebags (i was one so i can call it), and started yelling inappropriate things and being pretty rude. The ladies just ignored them and kept walking, but these guys didn't take kindly to being ignored. The guys followed the ladies to one of the stages, still acting like fools. I was headed down behind it all with my friends, not looking for a confrontation, but trying to figure out how I could help these ladies out. What I saw next was amazing. About 50 young people armed with lightsticks and LEDs (ok, not so scary right?) stepped out around these ladies and started jeering the guys away until one of the DJ's saw what was happening and actually had the guys removed. I knew I passed and was rarely every scared of such a confrontation, but to see strangers step up for these ladies gave an amazing sense of safety. I can guarantee they went home having made a ton of new friends.

Heck, even in a bad situation, you may be surprised of the good that can come out of it. These ladies had a bad situation that turned into an opportunity they may have dreamed. I never got to meet them, they went off and partied and I wasn't going to spend the night looking for CD's while my face melted to the music.

SweetIonis
09-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Katie, being somewhat of a pessimist when it comes to human behavior in general, that was actually a nice story. If I were in that area, I would offer to hook up with you to go. You seem like a nice, sincere person. That's all I ask.

Shelly67
09-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Ive been to absolute tons of concerts - all sorts too and have reguarly seen trouble . To be honest it was always alcohol or crowd surfing ( the audience mauling girl surfers without any concern ) that kicked off the anger . As for raves ..... likewise been to loads , seen all sorts of people , all walks of life and never have I seen any trouble . Again there was an awful lot of alcohol involved , and substance abuse . That in itself has to be recognised , it's everywhere . At some of the " raves " there were dominatrix , t girls , gay people .... every single one of them seemed happy . All had one thing in common . They were going totally crazy on the dance floor . I felt totally safe amongst the party atmosphere . It made me consider on reflection of other events - would a trans person , or t girl be as readily accepted at a concert ? And even more so ..... would anyone readily go to a concert dressed ? I wouldn't be able to attend either , as the heat of such events are bad enough when your just in jeans and a t shirt , let alone heels , wig and frockery . Mind you , the difference between the two types of events I'd attend couldn't be more different . The raves have really been a tester ... good stout footwear was definately required , as by midnight the places I've been to have looked like the fire sprinklers have gone off - talk about condensation !! One thing I'd love to do , is dj at one of the raves .... dressed . But blow it , wigs and headphones don't really get on .
Oh well ...... one can live in fantasy ..... . if only I had the chance to play this ...at around 3 - 4am when the party really takes hold -

http://youtu.be/672NXhhhlTk

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2011, 07:32 AM
Unless you're the trouble maker you will find out who your friends are! And you will be surprized of how many friends you have! Have fun! Hugs!