PDA

View Full Version : a little humor...

SusanLCD
09-13-2011, 12:00 AM
Last week, I ordered a dress on-line and had it delivered to a local store to save the shipping cost. I placed the order in Susan's name, but, paid for it using my male name credit card.

I was notified on Thursday via e-mail that the dress had arrived and I could pick it up at the store. I had a morning meeting to attend on Friday, so, I decided I would stop for the dress on my way home after that meeting. That meant I would be in drab.

The e-mail alert notice said that Susan must bring a printed copy of that message and a form of identification when she picks up the shipment. Susan has no form of identification; only my male personna has an ID. Still, I didn't think that was going to be a difficult point.

I entered the store with the printout and handed it to the SA at the service counter, explaining that I was there to pick up the package. She disappeared into a stockroom and returned shortly thereafter with the package.

As she handed it to me, I asked her if she needed to see my identification. "I was wondering about that, too." she said while laughing. "But, obviously you're not Susan." I smiled at her and quickly replied, "No, not today" at which time we both laughed, together. Then, I turned and left the store with the package, still laughing to myself.

Sometimes this bi-gendered life gives us the chance for a little very unique fun.

Philipa Jane
09-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Well done Susan.
Great return comment.

PJ

Kittyagain
09-13-2011, 04:39 AM
That was a great story Susan. I have a big smile for the rest of the day.

Kitty

suzy1
09-13-2011, 04:54 AM
You and I have the same sense of humor I think Susan.
Life is a laugh.

SUZY

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM
A ''little humor is always great! ''NO not right now but I will be when I get this dress on''! Hugs!

Tina B.
09-13-2011, 07:07 AM
Your answer was cute, hope the dress was as nice as you thought it would be when you ordered it.
Tina B.

Gina X
09-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Your answer was cute, hope the dress was as nice as you thought it would be when you ordered it.
Tina B.

Yeeessss show us the dress the dress the dress you can't leave us like that LOL. Great story by the way. If we could all keep our cool and think of replies like that, it would be just great ................

TGMarla
09-13-2011, 08:32 AM
*Snicker* Good one.

Inna
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Good for you Susan, insecurities and guilt surround us on daily basis, it is only human to feel them, but we can do better, just as you did, instead of hiding behind false doors we can present truth to those in front wrapped in clever humor. Life feels so much better when you know it is not as serious as we all previously thought.

SusanLCD
09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank you all for enjoying that as much as I did.

Gina, Sorry, but, I haven't had the time to do any more than a quick trial fitting without wig, hose, or otherwise. It seems to fit properly, at first glimpse.

Because I'm unemployed, I've had to devote my attention to that effort. (For example, the meeting from which I was returning on Fri AM was a networking meeting.) So, I haven't had the time to take any photos, yet. :surrender

I know that's a little unfair, but, I will as soon as I can. And, I will post.

Amanda22
09-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Sometimes this bi-gendered life gives us the chance for a little very unique fun.

Hi Susan, I love your story. Like you, being in male mode because of specific situations doesn't stop me from shopping for my feminine wardrobe. Having the sweet encounter you described is something so few people experience. It's so special to be matter of fact about crossdressing and have it understood and even appreciated in a quick encounter. I think the SA appreciated your honesty and the fact you are bi-gendered.

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi Susan, It's fun to play mind ganes with SA's.

Orchid

linda allen
09-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Last week, I ordered a dress on-line and had it delivered to a local store to save the shipping cost. I placed the order in Susan's name, but, paid for it using my male name credit card.

I was notified on Thursday via e-mail that the dress had arrived and I could pick it up at the store. I had a morning meeting to attend on Friday, so, I decided I would stop for the dress on my way home after that meeting. That meant I would be in drab.

The e-mail alert notice said that Susan must bring a printed copy of that message and a form of identification when she picks up the shipment. ..............

I recently did the same (ordered on the Internet and had it delivered to a local store). Not a dress, but no matter. I was given the option to designate specific people other than myself who would be allowed to pick up the order. That would have made it simpler.

Maxi
09-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Great response Susan. I was buying a white corset in Walmart once, and the sales associate told me I could not buy it.
I asked her why, is it not my color? She just laughed and completed the sale.

SusanLCD
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Amanda,

I would like to have been as honest as you believe I was. But, I wasn't

I was not honest with the SA and it's the one aspect of this for which I feel a slight amount of guilt. When I responded to the SA, she laughed because it was obvious to her that I wasn't Susan. I laughed because I knew that I was, but, she didn't know it.

BTW: she was wearing this great looking floral skirt that caught my eye while she was retrieving my package. But, commenting on it wouldn't have been "prudent."

SusanLCD
09-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Maxi,

Perfect response! I love it!

JenniferR771
09-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I had a similar experience picking up a padded panty girdle at Pennys. No problem. But they had called my cell to tell me it was there. I accidentally let my wife listen to my messages. Whoops!

Shelly67
09-14-2011, 02:22 PM
About 5 yrs ago , I had the most horrible experience . I'd won some forms off ebay from Germany . 2 weeks later there was a note thru my letter box on returning home , informing me of a parcel being held at the local post office . On arrival the place was packed , I stood in line , then at the desk presented the delivery note . My god , did they all stare ..... I was roughly asked for I. D then a parcel was handed over , the wrapping paper torn off , the forms easily on view underneath in a clear plastic fronted box .All the people queued behind me and everyone in the room looked on , the post mistress glared and loudly announced " and ?"
I wanted the ground to swallow me up , there and then , but remarked really loudly , " just wait till he's made to wear these - stagnights , he isn't expecting these beauties !" They all laughed ....... I fled trying my best to laugh in jest.
Weird as it was , those forms were totally useless . I don't know what chemical silicon was used but they stank like petrol .

Staci
09-14-2011, 08:04 PM
A perfect and honest response.

CaitlynRenee
09-15-2011, 12:24 AM
If it's something really pretty, I'll ask if they gift wrap and then the price. Usually I'll tell them the wraping price is too high, so I'LL do it, or if it's free, I'll let them wrap it. Works every time.

SusanLCD
09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Here's the dress. It's knit and verrrry comfortable. I'm going to like wearing it.

I didn't spend a great deal of time on makeup and/or details (eyebrows, etc.) because they don't show up in the photo.

BTW: it's Lane Bryant, if you're curious. They were having a 40% off sale.

Now, if I can just continue losing weight until I get down to the size of that skinny, toothpick model in the catalog. :daydreaming: