PDA

View Full Version : Funny what they really meant.

Girl.Faye
08-31-2004, 10:44 AM
I remember back when I was in highschool I would get teased on a number of different things. Now when I look back at them, they just seem like compliments.

I have always had a really skinny figure, and I was constantly teased about it. People would come up to me with their friends like I was some sort of freak of nature and say, 'Look how skinny this guy is!'. Other skinny remarks would be made and such, and I would carry on - I didn't care for the most part. It did however get me into wearing baggier clothing so that I could somewhat hide these features that were not 'guy-like'.

Another one I got a lot, from one person in particular, would be 'What conditioner do you use?' I know, it sounds like quite a weird insult, but back in highschool, I had natural shoulder length hair, and I always maintained it ;) I guess it was just another weird thing for guys to have was shoulder length-shiney hair.

Finally, this one got to me the most (in the funny department). I was sitting around hanging around with the friends at school, when I pulled my hair back off my face and behind my head. Essentially, I gave myself a pony tail for a matter of seconds. Well, one of the guys picked up on me doing this and started to burst out in laughter and said, 'You totally looked like a transexual there dude'. A little bit of embarrassment, but now that I think of it.. Boy were they close ;) I wonder what would happen if they knew about my little cross dressing secret!

Anyone else have any of these stories to share?

GraceUSA
08-31-2004, 07:47 PM
I was just too clueless in highschool to realize that people were trying to make fun of me, the vast majority of the time I took them as completements or had a great laugh myself. And I was a tall rail as well, senior year I was 6"1' and 140 pounds. I picked up a nickname back then that was a testament to my cluelessness and I still use a modified version of it as my handle. I guess its just part of me.

Though I do get a lot of great compliments ever week while hanging out with friends, a lot more when I used to have long hair as well. Lots of girly nails compliments (or GG's being jealous) and other things as well.

I'm off for a couple of days, best of wishes.
Grace

DebbieThomas
09-01-2004, 04:41 AM
Hi gurls
one thing I remember from school is being called a sissy. my hair was too long about mid back and my nails were always too long 1/4" or so, and being 6'1" 120 to 130, so being picked on was normal. at one point I thought every jock in school was standing in line to kick my @$$ :( it wasnt true but it did feel like it. god I hated being called a sissy then, when it happens now I say "thank you" or "how did you know?" the looks I get back are "priceless" :D
speaking of school I have my 20 year school reunion coming up next year, wronder what they would think if Debbie showed up :eek: lol

Huggs
Debbie Thomas

Rachel Elizabeth
09-01-2004, 08:56 AM
I never got picked on in high school; most people were afraid that they would suffer a scathing tongue lashing [now, girls, take it in context!.]

Fortunately, my parents both worked odd hours. My mother commented many years later that she could always tell when I had been looking in her drawers [be nice!] Little did she know that I wasn't looking, I was wearing. I, too, was 5'8" and 129 pounds. I let my hair grow when I graduated. The first two years of college were paid by the money I earned as a female bartender on the night shift. It was really exciting. The perks were incredible! But every good thing comes to an end. A group of bad guys discovered I wasn't a girl and stomped me badly enough for me to change schools and finish the rest of the time as a boy.

Hugs....