PDA

View Full Version : Darn, run in my pantyhose

SheriM
09-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Putting on a brand new pair of pantyhose this morning (sheer energy active support) and there is a run in the toe. $5.00 down the drain!
Don't you just hate it when that happens. I think Active Support Pantyhose went through a change a year or two ago - more sheer now, not as much support and not as durable. All the old ones are gone. Darn.
Time to find a new brand of support pantyhose.
Love to shop,
SheriM

Karren H
09-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Switch to thigh highs and when you get a run you only loose one leg! Lol.

glynnis
09-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Im with you Karren thigh highs all the way,far sexier and feminine,and you only lose one at a time.

JoanAz
09-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Take them back to store for refund or replacment, if you haven't worn them, the least they can say is NO

RachelPortugal
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I'm with Karren and Glynnis on this one, if I have to wear hose I would usually opt for thigh highs.

Mind you, rather than throw $5 down the drain, if the run (or ladder as we call it this side of the pond) is still very small and in a place that will not be seen (in shoes or above hemline) then a drop of clear nail varnish will stop the ladder from getting longer.

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2011, 02:02 PM
I agree with Karren! With me one pair = two pair anyhows! Hugs!

CynthiaD
09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
I prefer No-nonsense myself. Same price, a lot more durable. I wear them every day.

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I prefer No-nonsense myself. Same price, a lot more durable. I wear them every day.

I'll second that.

Orchid

Suzette Muguet de Mai
09-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Wear pants or jeans, no more problems. heh heh

Tina B.
09-13-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm with the no nonsense team , I've got a pair I've forgotten when I bought them, they are so old and worn many times, and still going strong, (now they will run/ladder next time I wear them just for saying it) and it's easy to find them in my size.
Tina B.

carrie-ann
09-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Thigh highs here too the only way to go.

NancyTO
09-13-2011, 08:17 PM
I think I read somewhere that some brands in South America have three legs, so if you get a run in one leg you have a back up leg hose.

Loretta
09-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Try lightly brushing clear nail polish over the run. It'll fix it.
It's what I do every time I get a run in my pantyhose.

SheriM
09-14-2011, 08:28 AM
The run is in the toe area so jeans won't help - that is what I wear mostly anyway. Haven't tried no nonsense in years - maybe I'll give them a try.

Leslie Langford
09-14-2011, 08:54 AM
The other option is to cut off the "bad" leg and save what remains of the pantyhose for future use. Then, when you get a run (and eventually you will) in the next identical pair - repeat. Ipso, presto, combine the two and wear them as a single pair and at least minimize your overall losses that way. The added benefit is that you will then also get twice the support in the "control" portion at the waist.

Ria
09-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I wear Italian pantyhose, $15 a pair- even more frustrating when they run... Those Italians, they make such beautiful panyhose worth every penny. Once you try them you won't ever go back to department store brands.

Leslie Langford
09-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Kind of like Italian sports cars...if you're ever seduced into (and can even afford) buying a dream machine like a Ferrari, a Maserati, or a Lamborghini, be prepared to welcome your mechanic into the fold like a family member, because that's just about what he'll become...:eek: :heehee: ;)

Karren H
09-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I think I read somewhere that some brands in South America have three legs, so if you get a run in one leg you have a back up leg hose.

Maybe the third one isn't for a leg?? Lol.

suchacutie
09-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I also prefer thigh highs for all the reasons mentioned, but save that pair of pantyhose with the run if you are in a cold climate. My wife also gives me any pantyhose that have a run and I use them when I go out to plow or shovel snow. There is nothing warmer under my guy clothes (or ski outfit) for being out in the cold!

tina

Pythos
09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
clear nail polish. That is what I do.

All this thigh high nonesense. geeez. LoL. If they too are of low quality they end up down your ankles :P There are times they look like the ones your grandma wore, and I have seen some get really loose due to sliding down.

I have a pair of sheer energy, sheer to waist, off black hose that have 10 wearings, the damage consists of two runs on the bottom of the left foot, and one that runs up the back. All have been stopped by the nail polish.

You just gotta be careful when putting them on. The runs I got were due to me not smoothing off a toe nail, and not realizing the back of my high heels were rough. Quality of hose is really important too, as is sheerness. Really sheer hose you are lucky to get two wearings out of before there is a run. That is just the nature of them.

Maybe if boys were made to wear delicate clothing like girls, we may not have so many violent people out there. hmmmm, who knows. LOL

pantynhoseman
09-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Try Leggs sheer energy control top. I wear them 24/7 and although it happens, I get alot less runs with them. Also, fileing ur toenails helps alot too. I do wear thigh highs when I "play" but for everyday, I prefer the tightness of pantyhose. (;

linda allen
09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Pantyhose with three legs? :eek:

laurajade
09-16-2011, 11:17 AM
As far as support pantyhose are concerned, I would like to recommend Sears Nice Touch Medium Toning. I always keep two pairs of each of my favorite shades (white, black, nude, soft taupe) on hand. Very nice support.

http://www.sears.com/nice-touch-pantyhose-support-therapy-medium-toning/p-075A0002000P

JillyNylonz
09-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Really nice Fully Fashioned Seamed (gartered nylons) can cost up to $50 a pair, They look great on, but talk about crying over a run! SuperMarket hose is very cheap by comparison. It's all relative.

Sinatvcd
09-17-2011, 01:53 AM
OH i hate when that happen !!!!!! to minimize the risk of getting a runner i wear medical latex gloves . For me it does the trick and no more runners since then . Well at least not at punting them over my legs LOL

Maria 60
09-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I hate when i wear dollar stores pantyhose when underdressed and they seem to last forever, but then when i want to dress and wear a nice pair they run very fast. I like Silks that are about $5 dollars a pair, but Silks warehouse is close to home and they have a few clearance sale a couple times a year.

JillyNylonz
09-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I use thin disposable nylon gloves. They are made to handle electronic components and very cheap. They are definitely more gentle than latex gloves, as latex can grab onto your stockings more than anticipated now and then. I had used latex until I tried the nylon gloves. And one pair of gloves have easily lasted me a year and more! And another side benefit: the nylon gloves feel wonderful on my legs when I smooth my stockings before gartering. A treat in themselves! Mmmmm

JustineFallow
09-24-2011, 04:42 PM
I wear Italian pantyhose, $15 a pair- even more frustrating when they run... Those Italians, they make such beautiful panyhose worth every penny. Once you try them you won't ever go back to department store brands.

The nice thing is that The Bay and Winners end up marking down the Italian brands quite a bit eventually. But you're right, you notice the difference right away!