PDA

View Full Version : Curious question

curiouslooker
09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
How is it a man can desire to dress like a lady but not be interested in being gay?

Inna
09-13-2011, 07:00 PM
We are just taking back our share of toys

Just enter the shoe shop. to the left is a Mens department ocuppying like what, 4 square feet and the rest is for women.................................fair, I don't think sooooooooooo

docrobbysherry
09-13-2011, 07:03 PM
How is it a man can desire to dress like a lady but not be interested in being gay?

Interestingly, CL, many of us have asked OURSELVES that very question! I did. When I began dressing 15 years ago at age 50+.

It took me nearly 3 years to feel SURE I wasn't! How did I figure it out? The same way MOST eventually do! I'm just NOT attracted to anything or anyone masculine!

prettytoes
09-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I love all the choices, the colors, the styles, and mostly the way the soft fabrics feel against my skin. I have a very strong feminine side that does not at all transfer to my sexual orientation. I love the way a skirt feels against my legs, the feel of yoga pants...snug yet soft...the flared legs bouncing about, the feel of soft satin panties sliding under my pants, the way a bra holds my chest, the way a nightie sways when I walk, the look of pretty painted toenails instead of plain yellowing nails. I love all that is feminine, but most of all, I love women! I guess I am just a lesbian trapped in a man's body!

BRANDYJ
09-13-2011, 07:15 PM
How is it a man can desire to dress like a man and be interested in men? The clothes do not make the man... or the woman.
I love, adore, admire, respect, cherish and lust after women. Maybe so much that I want to feel like and look like what it is I so appreciate. Most women are attracted to men. But that is one thing about being a woman I will pass on. The line is drawn on who I am sexually attracted to ONLY women. Not interested in being gay at all.

carrie-ann
09-13-2011, 07:25 PM
I a bi but most crossdressers are straight. Also most pro drag shows there are straight too.

brassieres
09-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I think it is more rejecting the mssculine role. I associate with women and most things feminine.

Michelle.M
09-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Hmmm . . do I sense a troll hereabouts?

Eryn
09-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Perhaps, but the discussion might be valuable nonetheless.

Gender has little to do with sexuality. I treasure women and things feminine in both my male and female modes.

silhouette
09-13-2011, 08:49 PM

two words: lipstick lesbian

okay a couple more words.. generally ppl regard the female body as beautiful and the male body as ugly and lumpy.
in fact I recall a female teacher in HS saying essentially this very thing about her own opinions on the male body

So who wants to be ugly and lumpy? As a male teenage student it was definitely an offensive thing to hear, but I was too young and immature to find the words to express my feelings

josee
09-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Most of us love feminine things including women and feel confined by the rules of masculinity. I have no desire to be intimate with a man. A few may, everyone is different. The vast majority of crossdressers are heterosexual.
Plus men's clothes are sooo boring.

Karren H
09-13-2011, 09:00 PM
That's the question that tormented me for decades growing up. The answer I came up with was... "Ya just can be that way". Crossdressing and sexual orientation are two completely separate things...

Pythos
09-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Here is an idea, possible troll.

Give it a try. There is nothing in the male wardrobe that feels like the clothing choices women get. NOT ONE.

Also, if you look at history, most of the clothing that are considered "feminine" were at one time worn exclusively by MEN. That's right. High heeled shoes, born out of combat, hosiery, born out of Roman soldiers needing leg coverings on cold days. Skirts were worn by men long before pants.

But that is besides the point. "feminine" clothing just feels nice to wear.

I know I am not gay because I have given it a try.

I am having qualms with the possibility a really gorgeous TS might have a liking to me. (she is MtoF).

I like women, and love their style choices and think it is absolute bogus BS that just because I was born male, that I cannot look beautiful or exotic in my own way by use of clothing and makeup.

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi CL, You are trying to compair Apples & Oranges it just don't work.

Orchid

Diana Bain
09-13-2011, 09:09 PM
AC/DC, it's how your wired. Most of us here run on regular current but love the occasional jolt!

NathalieX66
09-13-2011, 09:18 PM

I love women, I love the way they look....sometimes I want to be one. Penelope Cruz is so pretty and sexy to me, that I find myself studying pictures of her too much. I love all things feminine, I just do. It's that simple. I could elaborate more on the topic, but I won't.

I have no physical interest in men. If I did, I'd be thinking of manly hands and buff torsos, but I dont. Truth is, even my gay friends who know about me don't even get me. There's a saying amongst gay men, and it goes like this: A hard man is good to find. ......that's not me.

sissystephanie
09-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I am a crossdresser and I freely admit that!! I am also a heterosexual man, and have absolutely no desire to have a "gay' relationship. In over 70 years of being a CD, I have never wanted that kind of relationship and still don't! And I do think that a great many other crossdressers will say pretty much the same thing!! As others have said CD'ing and sexual orientation are 2 entirely different things!!

sandra-leigh
09-13-2011, 10:08 PM
If you are repelled or queasy about the masculine in yourself, you might well not be interested in the masculine in others.

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Because I was born that way! I'm not going to screw it up 'cause that's who I am! Hugs!

Brenda456
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I like stuff that is soft and pretty. Not a lot of that in the guy world. . .

Sherina
09-13-2011, 11:26 PM
If your not sure, try it yourself. Now what you try is up to you. Me? Well i am one of the ones that are bi-curious. But I also find that I am more turned off by a hairy out of shape man more than anything. I also find some people just plain cute.
I am an equal opportunist when it comes to liking people in any shape, color or creed.:gh:

wadevikingfan
09-13-2011, 11:29 PM
i like looking pretty...like a woman....and i think that is what most guys are...like the material...now i am bi...but cross dressing and bi are two entirely different things...i have found a freind that is bi now and cross dresses...and i must say its been very fun

wade

Badtranny
09-13-2011, 11:32 PM
I like women, and love their style choices and think it is absolute bogus BS that just because I was born male, that I cannot look beautiful or exotic in my own way by use of clothing and makeup.

Now THIS is an honest answer.

Nicely done.

curiouslooker
09-14-2011, 04:23 AM

A troll?

Only if it is a crossdressing troll.

It was only a question of curiousty. I don't get how I can (me not you or any other person) look at a women and want to "get in her pants" both sexually and physically. Guess its a desire to be more like that whichwe desire.

There. I killed the troll.

Kate Simmons
09-14-2011, 04:54 AM
One really has nothing to do with the other my friend. :)

Kittyagain
09-14-2011, 04:58 AM
A gay man does not need to dress like a woman to love another man. Gay men love each other. It is just that simple. I know I can not love another man so I am not gay, but sex with a man, well . . .

Kitty

CINDYO
09-14-2011, 05:07 AM
I really have a hard time buying the "I like the way the clothes feel" I am a GG, and my cotton is the same as his cotton, my wool is the same as his wool. Male and female clothing are made out of the exact same materials. This is not the reason men want to wear womens clothing, I am not sure what the reason is as it make absolutely not sense to me. Clothing does not make us who we are, if one wants to feel feminine, ok, act feminine, think feminine clothing does not change who we are deep inside.

Samantha_Smile
09-14-2011, 05:27 AM

First thing that struck me... Im not sure people are interested in being gay. Are you interested in being straight? Assuming you are?
You pretty much are what you are.
You may as well ask a PC fan-boy why they arent interested in a Mac (we wont start that argument here though :D)
Your question also kind of assumes that all women are attracted to men, and not all women are!

If what youre asking is "Why arent all cross dressers gay", then I guess your view on life is pretty black n white.
Why do some of us dress for comfort and others for kink?
Why dont we all wear high heels and drag make-up?

Sexuality is neither black or white, it is however nearly every shade of grey imaginable.
I'll bet nobody has NEVER had a homosexual thought, but thoughts and actions are different, so thinking isn't gay? Right?
Well what about "I think, therefore I am"? (Slightly skewed context)

Personally, I still fancy girls whatever Im wearing, guys just don't float my boat! :D

prettytoes
09-14-2011, 05:34 AM
I really have a hard time buying the "I like the way the clothes feel" I am a GG, and my cotton is the same as his cotton, my wool is the same as his wool. Male and female clothing are made out of the exact same materials. This is not the reason men want to wear womens clothing, I am not sure what the reason is as it make absolutely not sense to me. Clothing does not make us who we are, if one wants to feel feminine, ok, act feminine, think feminine clothing does not change who we are deep inside.

I beg to differ...I have yet to men's underwear that feels as good against my skin as a pair if satin panties.
Clothing may originate from the same cotton, but the manufacturing process is far different. Men's sweatpants are thick and heavy, while the yoga pants I like are thin and stretchy...far more comfortable. A toothpick is made from the same wood as a baseball bat; does that make them the same? I think not.
All through history, men's clothing has been thicker and more bulky, to help "protect the warrior", while women's clothing is soft and forgiving to be comfortable against soft delicate skin.

I also need to ask this:
Is a woman that wears underwear styled after men's (Boyshorts, boy leg, boy brief) asked if she is gay?
What about "boyfriend" jeans?
And then there's the woman's business suit..styled to look like a man's suit...is she gay as well?

suzy1
09-14-2011, 05:48 AM

Now here is a person that has no understanding of what a crossdresser is.
And I mean that in the nicest possible way CINDYO!

And its fun too.

Hugs, SUZY

Kittyagain
09-14-2011, 06:04 AM
"I like the way they feel." does go much deeper than just material. You are right about that. But as I posted, clothes do not make a person Gay either male or female.

You will get a lot of post on this one but I am glad you posted your question.

Kitty

pinto
09-14-2011, 06:10 AM
I think it is more rejecting the mssculine role. I associate with women and most things feminine.

This is exactly what i think at least it fits 100% for me: i don't want the masculine role and i associate with a certain female role but still i love and adore women.

Angela2me
09-14-2011, 06:28 AM
The style, material and feel of women's clothing is very different from most men's clothing. They do not use the same cotton, wool or other material. The weave, knit and make is very different. The styles are very different. What item of men's clothing matches the comfort of a long flowing dress or skirt? And I have tried many many different underwear styles, men's and women's and the most comfortable for ME (material and design) are women's full bikini briefs. I can not find any men's underwear that is similar in material, cut, thickness or fit. I also prefer pastel soft colours and patterns.
I have never questioned my sexuality, I am heterosexual.

My question would be, why does my choice of style, comfort and colour of clothing need to be based on my gender?

darla_g
09-14-2011, 06:43 AM
well you've been around here and have almost 100 posts. What do you think?

noeleena
09-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi, Cindyo,

As one woman to another. silk is worn by both & many other clothes are as well. for many its the Psychologial ,, & Emotional asspect of wearing what many women wore , doing what we can do without haveing to hide what we wear ,

it's because of a fear of being caught wearing clothes that are designed for us, a mind set thats shifted some what. for many males. a taboo. if you like. western thinking,

tho not the case in Renaissance times as youll be aware of for our group who do wear those clothes & no one would sugest other wise these big masculine men in garb . or lovely clothes all colours as well.

& i can make my clothes & i can choose the colours & fabric's .

...noeleena...

Tina B.
09-14-2011, 07:24 AM
How can a man wear a cowboy hat, and not ride a horse, or engineer boots and not drive a train? The clothes are what I wear, not who I am. And no, men and women don't have the same cotton, and wool, or denim. My wife has tee shirts, that are 1/2 the weight of cotton as mine, mens nylon briefs are a heavier fabric too. Womens jeans are lighter, ans have a bit of stretch to them, mens are heavier and stiffer. I don't wear them because they feel better, I wear them because I feel better. And back to the gay thing, you do have to wonder, I thought about it, for a while, and I decided if I where gay, I would be turned on by guys, and I'm just not. I tried, I figured if I was wearing a dress , well maybe, but no, think about it as much as I could, never found a guy I could get into (no pun intended), it just ain't me!
Tina B.

Badtranny
09-14-2011, 09:17 AM

There are many of us here that agree with this sentiment Cindy. There are plenty of styles targeted at the fem gay crowd that are quite feminine but cut for men's bodies. This isn't about clothes, or the forms, wigs and makeup wouldn't be so important.

kimdl93
09-14-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm curious why one would ask this question. So I'll ask a one: Why do you think that wearing clothes of a gender affects your sexual preference?

Sarasometimes
09-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Gender expression and sexual orientation are separate charactoristics! Most people are mostly undressed when they have sex, so the clothes they were wearing isn't a factor. As another poster said lipstick lesbian. Would a woman who wears he husband's shirt become a lesbian? I give women a lot of admiration for being able to find males attractive! I have no plans to transition but if I did I would be a transgendere lesbian. Many MtF TS's are still only attracted to women.
Having reviewed curiouslooker's other posts i do have some concerns?

prettytoes
09-14-2011, 03:36 PM
There are many of us here that agree with this sentiment Cindy. There are plenty of styles targeted at the fem gay crowd that are quite feminine but cut for men's bodies. This isn't about clothes, or the forms, wigs and makeup wouldn't be so important.

No forms, wigs, or makeup here....(Ok, I do like polish on my toes!) it's purely about the clothes for me and what I feel comfortable in. It is not simply physical comfort, either. I sleep far better at night in a nighty, and my wife tells me all the time how much happier I have been since I am able to express my femminine side. I do not intend, nor do I try to pass as a woman. I do chose to keep my dressing in the privacy of my home (other than I underdress almost all the time). I simply feel very comfortable...at ease in women's clothing. It is a feeling I do not get in menswear. When I am not able to dress, I become irritable, edgy, stressed, and moody...wow, kind of like PMS! It is something I feel a strong NEED to do, and without it I feel incomplete.

carhill2mn
09-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Gay is a sexual attraction to others of the same sex. Dressing as a lady is more about feelings, looks, clothes, being treated like a lady etc. The great majority of crossdressers are heterosexual, although there are some that are bisexual.

NicoleScott
09-14-2011, 05:23 PM
If you want information, you can inquire of others who are in the know (that's us, for sure), which you have done. And you can do your own research: dress en femme and see if you suddenly like guys.

Kathy4ever
09-15-2011, 04:26 AM
I don't know where you shop. Womans cloths are softer and and are strecthy and more flattering. Mens cloths are bulky and boxy and stiff. The color choices are so much more attractive. Mens colors are boring in that they usually a blue, grey, black. Over the past few years I've noticed that they have added more colors to mens wear but the shades still seem pale in comparision to womans cloths. I would not say that is why I cross dress but I can say is that it does not hurt. Oh and don't get me started on the shoes. Woman have 1000's of choices and men have basic styles to choose from. Same as cloths mens shoes are brown, black,tan and white in sneakers. Oh occasionally you might see a colored shoe but they are just plain ugly. I know woman are the prettier species but men need alot of help to look nice.Maybe because we are minority that the manufactures and designers don't give us better choices.

Jill Devine
09-15-2011, 06:29 AM
The mindset of many crossdressers aligns closely with a female lipstick lesbian: love girly stuff and sexually attracted to women. Different strokes for different folks.

kristinacd55
09-15-2011, 06:51 AM

I guess a lot of us are gay if we're dressed like a lady and we have relations with gg's! Guess it makes us lesbians.....

juno
09-15-2011, 06:53 AM

How is it that a person can like anchovy pizza, and not like to go fishing?
How is it that a tall person would not like playing basketball?

Personal and sexual preferences are not the same thing. They only seem related if you only consider standard males and females. Humans have a high enough intellect that there are thousands of different aspects to gender. In the average person, they tend to be skewed toward typical male or female. That is just a general trend, not a rule. In reality, most people have a more diverse gender state than they allow, because traditional male/female socialization inhibits gender diversity.

linda allen
09-15-2011, 07:02 AM
Answers are all over the place here. We are all different. One can no more say what a crossdresser likes or wants to be than one can say the same thing about a black person, white person, etc.

Me, I like to dress up and "pretend" to be female. I don't know why, don't really care why. I don't want to be a woman, and I don't think or act like a woman.

I am curious how it would feel to be a woman and have sex with a man, but I'm in no way attracted to men sexually so it's not going to happen.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :heehee:

jillleanne
09-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Simple. Crossdressing( gender enhancement) is simply a form of one's self expression of their feminine side. It has nothing to do with one's sexual attraction to male or female. When on femme, which is pretty much every day at some point for me, I consider myself a lesbian sexually, but only when on femme. Otherwise, in drab persona, I am heterosexual. One does not have to be transgender to be attracted to men sexually and conversely, just because one is transgender, does not mean they are attracted to men sexually. We are all wired differently.

Sarasometimes
09-15-2011, 08:18 AM
If you want information, you can inquire of others who are in the know (that's us, for sure), which you have done. And you can do your own research: dress en femme and see if you suddenly like guys.

Nicole, That is so clever!! I can't wait to see what Curiouslooker has for a reply! Curiouslooker are you still here?
I guess you can become Bi if you walk into the women's section of a store, which would finally explain why you see so many guys stand just outside and peer in.

Randi_TGFM
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM

It's really funny that there are many flavors of expressing the female that is within us. Some prefer to consider themselves as their genetic gender, and only be female when cross dressing.

I'm one who really sees myself as more female than male and cross dressing is a way to validate that. However, you can say that I'm gay, because I'm not attracted to the male form. Person must be female whether genetic gender is male or female.

That actually makes me a lesbian..:).

Cheryl T
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM

Because this is not about sex...it's about emotions and how we feel inside. The two are independent and should not be confused.

Chickhe
09-15-2011, 11:10 AM
...because, I can. Its just plain fun to do. It is about the only thing that will transform you to look like a completely different version of yourself. It is as simple as that, and I think it becomes complicated when people make the wrong assumptions that were implied in the original question. Most of the issues people have around this activity are related to the fear of discrimination based on wrong assumptions.

Gillian Gigs
09-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Basically I like the clothes. Where do I start, the panties fit better, nylon cami's feel better against the skin, and these items look nice. If I could, I would probably wear a skirt, pantyhose, and a nice top, without make up, wig, or most of the outer trappings. In a nut shell, I would look like a guy totally dressed in my choice of clothes, womens clothes.

CaitlynRenee
09-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I think that question fits in the '$64,000 question' category, but I really don't think there IS an answer. Gender, sex, sexuality, sensuality............... They're all different things.

My clothing does NOT dictate my sexuality.

SabrinaEmily
09-19-2011, 11:24 PM
This may have been said, but I'll answer by reflecting your question back at you.

How is it a lady can dress like a lady but not be interested in being straight? (Or have you never heard of femme lesbians?)

Answer that question and you've answered your own.

DebbieL
09-20-2011, 12:27 AM

I can only answer for myself, because I am in that category. Ever since I was a very young boy, I understood what was beautiful and pretty in a girl, but had no concept of pretty, cute, or handsome as a boy. My brother had cute dimples, but I didn't see anything particularly "cute" or attractive about him. Wrestlers had big muscles but nobody in our family found them cute. In fact, most of their behavior was pretty disgusting.

Given that lack of a male role model to live up to, I wondered what I would have to do to be pretty. I remember the first time I really explored that. My parents were playing cards with Shirley and Al, and we were sleeping in their bedroom. I had stayed awake to watch Jackie Gleason and the June Taylor dancers. Milton Berle was the guest, so Milton and Jackie and Art Carnie all ended up in "ugly girl drag". I thought to myself, I bet I could dress up and look like a REAL girl, and be pretty. I had dressed before, but never "All the way".

Shirley was about my size, and she had a wig on the dresser. I ended up putting on a girdle, stockings, a slip, and a very pretty dress, then I put on the wig and heels. I even found some make-up, and put that on. I was astonished at the results. I was beautiful! And I loved it!

I heard my parents winding down and realized they were about to come in. I scrambled to get undressed, and get back into my jocky's and PJs. I put everything back EXACTLY where it was. I felt so sad that I couldn't go into the other room and show them how pretty I was, and how much I wanted to be a girl. I was afraid I'd be punished, or that they might beat me up for being a sissy. I'd already been beat up by kids my own age.

The last time my father ever spanked me, I had gotten dressed and killed some cats accidentally (throwing them in the air to show that they landed on their feet). He beat me so hard that I thought he was beating me for dressing up, not just the cats. I had so many welts and bruises that my mother made my father promise that he would never spank me again. He never did, but I was terrified to let him know about my dressing after that.

While I loved being beautiful, I also had a great appreciation for pretty girls and beautiful women. These were the early 1960s when mothers wore miniskirts and mini-dresses to church. Heels at church were the norm, and the older girls wore pantyhose instead of tights. The girls were wearing shiny nylon tights too.

Boys, on the other hand, were anything but attractive. They regularly inflicted physical, mental, and emotional abuse. The thing I hated most was when I had to do "number 2" in the bathrooms at school. The toilet stalls didn't have doors on them. As a result, there was no privacy, and I was very vulnerable. In addition, I didn't have testacles, and didn't know that other boys did. They were very curious and when they saw my empty sac, they would laugh at me and start taunting me. Sometimes I'd get beat up before I got out of the bathroom. I used to eat cheese and take keopectate to make sure I didn't have to go.

Because I was feminine and effeminate, everybody ASSUMED I was gay, and lots of gay classmates came out to me, but they didn't understand how much negative imprinting had been done long before they made their offer.

On the other hand, I had lesbian fantasies long before I knew what sex was. I loved being kissed by the girls and being hugged. I used to have wonderful dreams about being kissed by a bunch of girls, or just one or two girls. I didn't even know what sex was, but I knew I liked to hug and kiss girls and women. I also liked to do nice things for them. I liked to message their legs, rub their feet, give them back-rubs, and scratch their backs. I'd do that for my grandmother, my mom, babysitters, and other adult friends as well as older girls who hadn't been told not to ever play with me anymore. Often they would tell me what they wanted me to do, and I really enjoyed not only doing it, but being told to do it. I liked when they would hum and moan with pleasure that, in those days, wasn't sexual, just very relaxing.

When I did have sexual fantasies, it was me dressed as a women, caressing and dancing and petting with a woman dressed as a woman. I dreamed of dancing together, cuddling together, and kissing and hugging. I also liked to read erotic stories like Lady Chatterley's lover, and stories written by women for magazines like BlueBook, romance magazines, and others.

When I was finally old enough to see adult movies, I paid very close attention to the lesbian scenes. Often the "F&S" would bore me so bad I'd almost fall asleep. On the other hand, the girl-girl scenes were more than I could have hoped for. I wanted to be able to give a woman THAT kind of pleasure, that kind of orgasms. I only wished she could do something like that for me.

With Pansy, I got my chance to practice, and got to the point where I could very reliably provide her with many orgasms, and give her pleasure until she had to practically order me to stop. The way she explained it, each orgasm got more intense and the last ones were so intense she was afraid she might actually die. Once I understood that, I knew when to stop. Then I would give her a warm hug and cuddling.

When I finally moved in with my first wife (not married yet), I shared my desire to dress up, and to make love like two women. We got toys and experimented with Bondage and dressing. She was always amazed at how much she enjoyed it. Unfortunately, she only enjoyed it in the moment, and always felt shame and guilt afterward for enjoying it. By the time I realized how much of an issue it was for her, we were already married.

After we divorced, I got to really experience all of those wonderful fantasies with a very understanding and supportive partner who liked Debbie better than Rex. Rex was "The absent minded professor", while Debbie was a remarkable person in every way. She was bi and loved bringing her girl-friends home for fun and games. She loved being seduced but liked that I could satisfy her female partners without having to have sexual intercourse with them.

What I liked most about these real lesbians and bisexual is that they did teach me to be multi-orgasmic. It was so amazing that I had zero desire for "hetero" sex anymore. The alternatives were so much more intense, exciting, and satisfying, that the "normal" way was almost a let-down.

But then again, that's just me. I've been lucky enough to be able to fulfill those fantasies and have a marriage where I get to keep the best of the best without the drama. We are best friends as well as lovers.

With a man, I'm put off by the scratchy beard, the smells, the hair, the short foreplay, and the rush to the male orgasm. And when they are done, they often think they are done. It's an interesting 3 minutes, but not near as exciting as girl-girl sex.

Barbra P
09-20-2011, 12:36 AM
To paraphrase; How is it a woman can desire to dress like a lady and be gay?