PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Rikidee
09-13-2011, 08:56 PM
A couple of weeks ago I had a chance to go out of town for the weekend. I got a hotel room and did my make up and got dressed. It was one of those rare times when I felt that I had my make up "right", that doesn't always happen. Did my eyes and everything. I dressed in a loose swing type blouse and denim capris with 4" wedge sandals (red toe nails). I went to a friendly store and shopped for some clothes. The SAs were wonderful and I had no problem. When I left I went back to the hotel and changed into a pull over blouse and a pair of denim short shorts with 2" platform sandals,:) touched up the make up and went back out. There is this street with convenience stores and drug stores down both sides. I got myself together and went into a couple of drug stores and bought various items make up etc. I never saw a raised eyebrow from the store employees or customers that I ran into. At the last store I bought a soft drink and something to eat and when I paid the cashier looked right at me and said "have a nice night maam". I felt very at ease and had a very good time. I think the key is when you look at the mirror and everything looks right it gives you confidence and that makes all the difference! Like I said it doesn't always work out that way for me but when it does it is really sweet! Hugs Riki

tifftg
09-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I think you are so right, the attitude and confidence you exhibit goes a long way in how people react to you.

BLUE ORCHID
09-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Hi Rikidee, Attitude is 50% dressing & makeup is the rest.

Orchid

Cynthia Anne
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
You got it going on girl! I hope you get to be you more often! Hugs!

Shelly Preston
09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
A successful outing :D

I am sure the confidence boost it gave you makes you want to go out even more

kimdl93
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I think that when you go out with the attitude that you belong there, you're less self conscious and can more readily disregard those few questioning looks or critical comments.

suchacutie
09-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree with Kim and would go even further to say that with a confident attitude it's likely you don't even notice and questioning looks...it's just not on your radar screen. My wife often tells me that I'm being "looked over" and it just never registers. I always ask her, "who and when?" Makes my wife chuckle! Attitude is amazingly important. Ok, let's not forget that putting forward as many feminine signals as possible is also helpful, but once that's done it really does come down to attitude.

Sounds like you had a great time.

tina

jillleanne
09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
You may not have noticed but you probably had a smile on your face when the 'sa' told you to have a nice day. Smiles will always bring one positive feedback from onlookers.