PDA

View Full Version : Do opposites really attract?

Gillian Gigs
09-15-2011, 09:53 AM
After reading several different threads about how different we are from our spouses, I wonder how opposite we really are from them. By way of example I will compare myself to my wife.

1. She rarely wears lingerie, I wear it all of the time.
2. She can't stand to wear pantyhose, and I love them, except in really hot weather.
3. She never uses nail polish, or spends time manicuring her nails.
4. She would prefer to wear slacks/capris most of the time, I would wear a skirt all of the time if I could.
5. When I buy clothes for her, they are usually more feminine than her usual choices.
6. My panties are bright, colorful, and lace trimmed, hers were out of a package and very plain. I started to buy hers for her, she complained about cost at first, but she wears them. She told me one day that my selection was the most comfortable she has ever worn.

Well, you get the picture, so do we get hooked up with our opposite and it even shows up through our crossdressing? I am fortunate that she looks at clothes as being nothing more than something to cover our bodies, so to her she sees no big deal in most of the clothes that I choose wear. So, I guess there is an up side for me.

Who else is in a similar situation? Do we really marry our opposites, and in some cases she doesn't get it and therefore rejects what she doesn't understand?

Karren H
09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I wasn't attracted to my wife for what clothes she wore. Or didn't wear... Though her wearing the same size as me was a bonus! Lol.

Carol Sue
09-15-2011, 11:46 AM
It sure sounds like we're married to the same woman.

Alice B
09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Wow. I did not know that you knew my wife so well.

suchacutie
09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I'm an experimentalist, my wife is a theoretician.

Everything flows from that difference :)

Schatten Lupus
09-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Not as much as it's romanticized. As for the opposites, you will find many opposites in any relationship, friendship, twins, or anything else you want to compare. But according to major studies in attraction, the similarities and proximity are much more an important factor than differences.

sissystephanie
09-15-2011, 04:05 PM
My late wife and I were definitely not opposites!! We had known each other since childhood, and were married for almost 50 years before cancer took her!! She was very feminine, and as a crossdresser I also could be quite feminine!! But I could also be very masculine when the occasion arose!! I will say that as someone else said, I had much better taste in panties!! I have worn silk or satin panties for many years, while she preferred to usually wear cotton. We did wear matching white silk lingerie to our wedding!!

kimdl93
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I can't say that my wife and I are opposites...she's smarter and less impulsive, but I think over all we have similar temperments, the same commitment to each other and family, and similar taste in clothes too boot!

docrobbysherry
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
My wife and I were extremely opposites. Sherry and I r also!

My ex and Sherry are: (were, in my ex's case), outgoing, much younger, pretty, stylish, with expensive tastes, take forever to get ready!

While I am: shy, old, homely, sloppy, cheap, and can be ready for my own wedding in 15 minutes!

Lynn Marie
09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, I believe opposites attract. No, I do not advise anyone to continue in any kind of relationship with an opposite!

My next lady friend will love her lingerie and mine too, live for heels, beg to be tied up, and love to tie me up too! She'll relish roll playing, think it's great fun to go out as girl friends and drive other folks crazy. She'll laugh at all my silly old jokes and meet me at the door in something high and black and low cut, with lots of straps.

I think that pretty much puts the "opposite" thing in it's place.

Kaitlyn26
09-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Opposites attract, but it takes enough things in common to make it work. So yes, but not too opposite.

Sarah Roberts
09-15-2011, 08:30 PM
the Law of attraction states that "like attracts like" and opposites to do not attract. Now no one is a complete match but what it means is that you need to be on the same energy frequency as you are. You can still like different things and do different things but as long as your energy frequencies match then all the rest is easy. My ex wife and I never had a similar frequency and after learning about it I can really see it. Like yourself, my ex is a complete opposite to me as well when it comes to clothes, way of life, travelling, I have close friends she has none, how we bring up our children so learning about energy and finding that her frequency matches yours then its a darn great start.