PDA

View Full Version : That was close!

Barbara B
09-15-2011, 12:51 PM
I've been out fishing today today on a friends boat, all boys together, it was the same as usual from the off, constant ribbing of each other and me taking more than my share due to the fact I've been unwell with heart problems and am awaiting further tests. Obviously I didn't notice my t shirt had become un tucked during the day until I heard one of them say ' blimey my mums got a waist band like that on her knickers, are you wearing women's underwear!' Quick as a flash I replied 'yes, didn't your mother always tell you to make sure you got your best underwear on in case you end up in the hospital?' The others all laughed and just carried on. I think I got round that by the skin of my teeth!

suzy1
09-15-2011, 12:56 PM
You kept your head, played it cool, and got away with it. That’s the way to do it girl.
Well done Barbara.

SUZY

Shelly Preston
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice reply

The quickness of your reply might just be enough for you to get you away with it

Kittyagain
09-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Well done. Confidence carried the day. I wish you well with your heart. :) Remember bra marks last longer than you think.

I got caught just like that a couple of years ago but I did not know till they left the room and I tucked in my shirt although it was clear by the whispering they saw pink. Funny now when I think about the look on their faces.

Kitty

DonnaT
09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
The best defense is a good offense. Well Done!

Sally24
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
I would have asked him how often he got to see his mum's undies.:devil:

carhill2mn
09-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Very quick thinking! It obviously paid off.

Barbara B
09-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Someone always ends up the butt of the jokes on such days out where the testosterone flows amongst the 'real men'....lol, as I have learnt from previous occasions, a swift comeback and move on always seems to work, as there is always someone else just waiting to get trapped in the headlights..........

Amandyne
09-15-2011, 03:15 PM
I really thought you were about to say : "Yes, didn't your mother tell you... that we often swap our underwear ?". This might have done the trick too :)

kimdl93
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
well, with a bunch of guys I guess a quick joke is enough to distract them!

Cynthia Anne
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I would have asked him how often he got to see his mum's undies.:devil:

Or! Is that your excitement for the day! Looking at your mums undies!!!:eek::devil:

Jeanna
09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Good for you! A friend at work noticed my shaved legs and said "Hey you have no hair on your legs" I replied check out my arms too! Too much information, he dropped the subject immediately!:)

Sarah Roberts
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
That was so funny.... glad you have such a quick wit, nicely done

cassandra54
09-15-2011, 08:52 PM
good comeback, but times like that are the reason i don't underdress anymore. i have plenty of opportunity to dress completely.

Tina B.
09-16-2011, 08:30 AM
good way to get them on to something else, nothing works better than a laugh to smooth out times like that. Good luck with the heart, been there, had a bypass 6 years ago, if you have to, life goes on afterward, really, they have come along way with what they can do now days, many times a stint will replace surgery now, and that is easy to do, over night stay and home to rest for a day or two, and your fine, hope you don't need any of it of course.
Tina B.