PDA

View Full Version : Does my GG roommate know? maybe...

BRANDYJ
09-15-2011, 04:01 PM
This is about my being generous and foolish about sharing my laptop with my GG roommate. I have been renting a room from my roommate for about a year. We are considerate of each other and there has never been any issues between us about anything. We are not close and tend to keep our private lives to ourselves. So I guess you could say we are friends, but far from being close. Recently she has been laid off from her 9 year position and is now seeking something new. Well she has a Mac laptop but told me she wanted to use my laptop since some things she needed to do, her mac would not do for her on-line. So being the ever considerate roommate/friend, I let her use my laptop even though I was afraid she might find my tracks and discover that I am a CD. Something I'm not ready to share with her since we are not that close as friends. So I gave it to her to use for the day while I went off to work. I trusted she is not a snoop, but feared she may accidentally see sites such as this one that I frequent. I did not have time to figure out how to hide all my personal files,but did hide my history. So I thought....
But when I got home I noticed that I forgot to close windows to this site, my yahoo mail and I think a woman;s clothing site wre in the task bar. Nothingg has been said since then, but I now worry and wonder if she now knows. If she does and has not changed her attitude toward me, that's great. But for now I am left wondering. I have always felt a person's computer was very private and I myself would never ask to use a casual friend's computer. I myself am not a snoop since it is just plain invasion of privacy to me. Kind of like looking in a woman's purse or clothing drawers. I just won't do it. So I guess I should have found a way to deny her using my computer, but just could not say no since I know she needed it or she'd have to go to the library to get what she wanted off line.
Part of me wants to ask her. Another part of me wants her to tell me she now knows. I guess I'll have to just observe the way she treats me now to figure out whether she knows or not.
Funny thing is I have never had a problem telling a handful of GG friends.But they were closer as friends and I had already figured out how they might take the news.
But this great lady is so private that I don't have a clue how she might feel about transgenderd or CD issues. Well to late to worry about that now.

BRANDYJ
09-15-2011, 04:34 PM
Good point Scarlet Rose, But I never even figured she would bring it up. I just said a part of me wishes she would. But not likely. Just as not likely that I will bring it up.

larry
09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Can't u go onto history & see where she went ?

BRANDYJ
09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Can't u go onto history & see where she went ?

I did that. But all i saw was the sites I frequent and the one or two she went to. But she still may have seen the open windows I forgot to close, down in the task bar.

ReineD
09-15-2011, 05:49 PM
You should set up a new user account called "Guest", with an easy to remember password, like "password", then just log out when someone else uses your laptop. They can log into the new account and see none of your settings, activities, or open programs.

She may or may not have looked at your open browser windows. But, it doesn't sound as if the two of you are close, so she wouldn't have an opinion either way?

BRANDYJ
09-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi Reine. I tried to set up a GUEST sign in, but it does not work for some reason. Maybe I need to find out why it won't let a Guest sign on. Thanks for the tip.

You are right, we are not close, but I still want her to think of me as the gentleman I have always been around her. I don't want her to think of me as some kind of wierd pervert as most uneducated on the topic seem to think. She is 20 years younger then me so maybe she is more educated and accepting then those my own age.

Evie08
09-15-2011, 10:45 PM
the guest account by default is disabled - you have to go into control panel - users and enable the account

DonniDarkness
09-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Meh dont sweat it Brandy, your a level headed person. Worst case scenario: She freaks and you have to find a new roommate. The reality: She probably saw the site or clothing windows and is probably indifferent about it. Or think something along the lines of "well he has good taste in clothes"

-Donni-

Cynthia Anne
09-16-2011, 08:18 AM
I guess you'll know if she knows if she ask you to go dress shopping with her!!!:eek::D Hugs!:heehee:

darla_g
09-16-2011, 08:25 AM
you know if she stumbled on something because she was being nosy then if she knows she is just being respectful. If she knows you as a personal friend then it is not going to be a problem. Its not like she is your love interest. I think that would change everything.