PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Had A Manicure Lately?

jillleanne
09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Heading to the salon next week for a manicure and a pedicure. Anyone else do this? It's such fun and the result is fantastic!

NV Susan
09-16-2011, 02:32 PM
That's something I've never done.....must try it sometime, sounds relaxing!!

renee k
09-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I get a manicure everytime I get my hair cut. And a pedi every other month. I do love'em especially the massages and the warm parafin.

Huggs, Renee

SusanCACD
09-16-2011, 02:43 PM
I am about to head out for a pedi, I need my brows waxed also and I am sue i will get asked if I want to. This time though I have not shaved my legs, I hope it goes well just the same.

Jaymee
09-16-2011, 03:10 PM
I have always thought a manicure would be fun but the thought of a pedi really thrills me, I would love to have my toenails painted so that I can see them in my open toed shoes Jaymee

AllieSF
09-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Just got back for the nail salon, mani - pedi, light transparent pink finish and lovely conversations with the other lady customers. One lady got the gel treatment on her nails and it took a long time. The pedicurist even complimented me on my feet for the second time. That was nice.

celeste26
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
When applying acrylics there is a manicure done before so I guess I do get manicures just didn't think of them in quite that way until now. I have some rather poor looking feet and have yet to get a pedi.

ColleenW
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Just got back from a mani & pedi about 2 hours ago:). I like to go every month or so. I'd go more often but it does get expensive:eek::eek:.

Sally810
09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Got a mani and pedi late in August. Pink gel and it looks good. Just got my credit card statement for last month, I didn't realize that it would be $85 with the tip. Oh well, I guess it was worth it.....

Alice B
09-16-2011, 03:52 PM
It is something I do every 2-3 weeks. Always look forward to the time there and the acceptance I receive.

Persephone
09-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Just had my nails done, acrylic fills, a couple of hours ago. I have a standing appointment every two weeks. I've been friends with my manicurist for years and have been having my nails done by her for about the past 15 years. It is very relaxing to put the day on hold and just chat with her and the other staff and clients in the shop as my nails get done.

After that appointment it was over to the other salon for my monthly eyebrow waxing. My aesthetician was originally at the same salon as my manicurist but she moved and I still go to her. Again, lots of chatting with her as well as the other staff and clients.

This week was actually "triple witching week" as my hair appointment was this week as well.

I guess I'm high maintenance! But, like the old haircolor commercial, "I'm worth it!"

Hugs,
Persephone.

ReneeT
09-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Like Persephone, i have acrylicsand have a fill every two weeks. I typically do a pedi every other visit. I am getting both on Tuesday before heading to SCC

Brenda456
09-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Had a manicure just this morning!

EllieOPKS
09-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Had a pedi with my wife.today. we botj enjoyed it so much
W

Joan_CD
09-16-2011, 07:17 PM
I get a mani/pedi every two weeks and will get my eyebrows threaded tomorrow with my wife.

Jodi
09-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I get a manicure every two weeks and a pedicure once a month. Be sure to tip well. The girls doing the work are generally not highly paid. So, the tip is much appreciated. Also, a good tip will ensure you great service on future visits.

Jodi

sissystephanie
09-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I have been getting a manicure and pedicure every two weeks for about 15 years!! My finger nails are always a pale pink and my toes are usually a very bright red!! I love having them done, and the two ladies who do them love to have me come into the salon. Many times I am dressed totally enfemme, but of course with no makeup and no wig!! Just a guy dressed like a lady!! The lady customers always talk to me just as though I am a lady!!

Suzi Q
09-16-2011, 10:13 PM
I get a mani/pedi in drab every month after I attend a retirement group breakfast.
Always get the same candy apple red metallic color on my toes. OPI "friar friar pants on fire" because my wife thinks I am doing it myself with polish I bought for her several years ago and she thinks no one else sees it.
Sometimes I get a clear polish for fingernails. Most of the time I have a few hours before returning home, so I have the same color or another color applied to my finger nails. I just have to remove it before going home.
I've used the same nail salon for a couple years and they all know me and what color I want. I have used another salon when I am short on time and i"m usually dressed when I visit them.

Sarasometimes
09-16-2011, 10:14 PM
No, but I'm getting a pedi on Monday with a 20 off coupon!! Any OPI polish suggestions???

Cynthia Anne
09-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Pedi, mani and waxing coming in two weeks! Makes me love my life! Hugs!

Kathy4ever
09-17-2011, 04:52 AM
I do my own. Would luv to go to a salon and get a mai/pedi. I would feel quilty because my wife does not get it done. I was thinking about getting her a gift certificate for one and then hoping she would ask me to join her.

morgan51
09-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Fills every 2 weeks pedi at 3 weeks/ french nails all. Love it Me time!

jillleanne
09-17-2011, 08:22 AM
How wonderful to see others having so much fun at the salon. My gg and I go together and love to chat it up with everyone there. Of course I have to be the 'class clown' and get the mood right for everyone to burst into laughter so the beauticians can slap me for making everyone in the salon start twitching around when laughing. The complete trip to the salon really is a blast.

Stephanie-L
09-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I go once a month, this time I tried a Nail Spa. The service was wonderful, two girls, one working on my feet and the other on my hands. The massage and parafin treatment was wonderful. I got a light pink on my toes and clear on my nails. It was a bit pricey but well worth it.....Stephanie

Luciana Vitale
09-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Once a month, mani and pedi, doing that for the last two years
Manicure so far clear coat, but pedi have done in many colors, pink, burgundy, red and sometimes frenchpedicure.
Luciana:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

kathie225
09-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Every six weeks my wife and I have our nails done: both pedi and mani. We 've been enjoying this bit of shared delight for nearly 10 years and every one has been great.

jillleanne
09-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Once a month, mani and pedi, doing that for the last two years
Manicure so far clear coat, but pedi have done in many colors, pink, burgundy, red and sometimes frenchpedicure.
Luciana:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

Love the pic Luciana. You have great looking feet.

Diane Smith
09-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I get my acrylic fingernails filled, and usually add colored polish, every two weeks, and a pedicure every four weeks. I had an "off-cycle" appointment for a polish change Saturday because I was getting ready for an outing. So all in all, I'm in a nail salon almost once a week. Love it. I'm well known in both the places I go, have never felt the least bit uncomfortable there, and find it a totally relaxing experience.

- Diane

jillleanne
09-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I get my acrylic fingernails filled, and usually add colored polish, every two weeks, and a pedicure every four weeks. I had an "off-cycle" appointment for a polish change Saturday because I was getting ready for an outing. So all in all, I'm in a nail salon almost once a week. Love it. I'm well known in both the places I go, have never felt the least bit uncomfortable there, and find it a totally relaxing experience.

- Diane

Diane, we love it also and the relaxtion is the bonus for us. I usually paint both of ours' nails at home as we like to change colors frequently so for us, once a month for both pedi and mani is about our limit and of course each trip costs twice as much but worth it. hugs, Jill

kimdl93
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
my wife and I had mani-pedis two weeks ago. My nails grow so fast that I had to redo my nails last week! Its fun to do it together - although I have to tell you that the manicurist was a little weirded out when I asked her to do my nails the same color as my wife's. I assume she didn't think it was a good color for me!

EllieOPKS
09-19-2011, 04:32 PM
I went for the second time with my wife. The cute little beautician put a clear coat on my toes. The wife had a puzzled look on her face but did not comment. I told her lets see if anyone notices. No one has lol. You gotta love pedis

Kim Young
09-20-2011, 12:01 AM
I got these done for the first time ever last month. I was both scared and thrilled as I was dressed en femme to do this. I think the technician got a kick out of me I was shy and demure. Mostly I had no idea what was going on so she had to repeat herself a few times. After that she would just grab my hand when she needed it.

I will definitely do this again but next time will shave a bit of the leg so nothing shows when the pant leg goes up. Unfortunately, I had to take the nail polish off my hands at the end of the day before I went home. The toes could stay on until later in the night. You really need a good tool to get everything off though. Nailpolish remover does not work well on layers of nail polish. Still, it was worth all the effort and cost.