PDA

View Full Version : in passing ?

rexy
10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I would like to ask a question. In trying to pass when out in public how do any of you try to make your hands look like a womens hands. a mans into a womens ? thanks REXY

Jennifer5400
10-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Lucky I have very thin femme fingers and small hands. I keep them up by regularly moisturizing. Sometimes I go with a french manicure or a neutral tone of nail polish.

It seems to do the trick!

Jenn

Holly
10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Although not exactly feminine in their normal state, having my nails longer seems to add to the illusion.

urban gypsy
10-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Not something I usually worry about when there is so much else to get to look right but the easiest solution at this time of year is a nice fem pair of gloves. they hide a lot of problems with most mens hands.

Jamie M
10-13-2005, 07:57 PM
I have been trying to let my nails grow longer at the moment anyway so i don't seem to suffer from this problem but otherwise i'd have to say if you're at all worried about it , get yourself some fake glue on nails and that should do the trick for you nicely :thumbsup:

christine55
10-13-2005, 10:48 PM
It helps to shave any hair on the tops of your hands, hair on the tops of hands is a dead giveaway. Any hair on your palms, well, just dont go out when the moon is full.
Hugs, Christine

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Given that most men have larger hands than women, it's generally a good idea to avoid drawing too much attention to your hands.

As Christine said, hair is a definite no-no. Longer nail can elongate the fingers, which looks more femme, but can make your hands look bigger. (When I'm gussied up, I do like Kiss 1-Step nails, which add a bit of length without looking like talons.) A lighter, less-contrasty, nail polish is help too. (Siren red nails look sexy, but will draw the eye.)

You also want to avoid heavy bracelets and be judicious about the number of rings you wear. Flared or bell sleeves will trick the eye into making your hands look smaller.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-13-2005, 11:02 PM
i shave the hair off the top of my hands down to the wrist..

at first i was quite nervous about this but of course no one noticed or cared..even my wife

i use kiss nails..they are press on and pre glued they stayon pretty well they are a nice length but not ridiculous...

windycissy
10-13-2005, 11:08 PM
If you lose the hair, let your nails grow out and file them into feminine ovals, put on a coat of quick-dry polish, add a nice ring (hard to find one that fits, there are expandible rings you can find) and moisturize with a good hand lotion, your hands won't give you away unless they're really gnarly. Or, you can wait till Winter (if you live in a place like Chicago) and go with opera gloves, but they look out of place in a restaurant, etc. Windy

Kierci
10-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey Windy if your looking for rigns that look fem but would fit a mans hand Look at womens toe-rings.

Angela Burke
10-13-2005, 11:41 PM
It helps to shave any hair on the tops of your hands, hair on the tops of hands is a dead giveaway. Any hair on your palms, well, just dont go out when the moon is full.
Hugs, Christine
Ahoooooooooooo!

love Angela XX

LindaTS
10-14-2005, 09:06 AM
I suppose that I'm one of the lucky girls in that I have small hands. Yes, the rest of me is the same way :) I keep my nails long and shaped so I think this helps a lot. I also wear two rings on each hand. Again, I think this may help too. Although I don't have any hair on my hands it would probably be better to keep them shaved if this is a probem. Good luck.

GypsyKaren
10-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I have very small hands, and I always do my nails, so I don't worry about it.

GypsyKaren

JoAnnDallas
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
I put nail polish on my long nails, wear women rings, watch, and braclets.

JoAnn

Katie Ashe
10-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I shave my arms and do wear nail polish all the time, then change my jewlery to suit the outfit. I aim for the female look all the time. Practice makes a realistic perfect.

KatieZ
10-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I have small hands and long fingers. I keep my hands and arms shaved always. And I moisturize arms and hands every day. My nails get broke at work all the time so I rely on fake nails to take care of that.

Hugs

Joanne08
10-14-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm jealous of all you small handed CD'ers!! My hands are big and not feminine. They are not bad looking for a guy's but who care's about that!!!

Anybody working on a hand and foot shrinking machine out there?

Love, Jo

jolien
10-14-2005, 06:23 PM
I don't want to steal someone else's thunder, but a girl mentioned in another post that if you paint your fingernails, but don't go all the way to the sides, it will make your fingers look longer and more slender. Haven't tried it yet, but it seems to make sense.

Jenny Beth
10-14-2005, 06:44 PM
My hands aren't all that big for a guy but are still bigger than the average woman's. Since I mostly get out in the winter months gloves are a pretty good solution. If you look around lots of women wear them.

katie36
10-15-2005, 02:36 PM
i have the same problem but also with broad shoulders.it is the only thing stopping me going out dressed.

Rachel Morley
10-15-2005, 03:59 PM
In trying to pass when out in public how do any of you try to make your hands look like a womens hands. a mans into a womens?
For a man, I have a small stature and so luckily, my hands are small to begin with. Like others, I always remove the small hairs on my fingers and shave the backs of my hands. I also use a beard trimmer to make the hair on my forearms very short.

My nails are my own, grown quite long, and painted in a clear shiny polish. I never wear colored nail polish, not even when I go out en femme.

Sherlyn
10-15-2005, 04:08 PM
I have been cursed with large male hands ....i wear sleeves that go just over my knuckles and put on false nails ..bout medium length french .....looks fine ,,,but without the nails nuh uh ,,,short kinda stubby fingers lol