PDA

View Full Version : an oversimplification, why some of us dress in 100 words or less.

cassandra54
09-17-2011, 10:00 AM
this is just another one post with a different take on a subject on why we dress, or we are ts, tg, t whatever and do we feel we are a woman trapped in a man's body. i personally crossdressed about five years in the 57 i've been on this planet, with the last year being the most intensive as i've had a wig, breastforms, makeup and glasses and started going out in public. thanks to this website and others, i've don a little research and believe that i am in fact bi or dual gender under the umbrella of transgender. the following is a reply i made to a thread this morning where the writer asked if we did it for the thrill of doing it. yes it's thrilling for me,very, exciting, but here's in a nutshell why do it.

i get the thrill of being myself when dressed either in male or female mode. i honestly believe that i can be either. my male mode has a great and challenging job and enjoys a variety of things in life. my female mode is just basically who i would be if i were a woman. i don't feel conflicted about either or that i am a woman trapped in a man's body. maybe this sounds like an oversimplification, but that's were i am at. now that i am at a point in my life where i can be the female part of me a good part of the time and get to be really good at it, i am just ecstatic and have a great feeling of fulfillment.

so what say you?

Deanna B
09-17-2011, 10:17 AM
hi honey . well for me it is the clothes the shoes and the perfume and the make up and the real buzz the lingerie. and i LOVE IT. 28 words good yes.:D:D

RenneB
09-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Well Casandra, I'm about half a decade short of your time on this rock and have dressed for the better part of my life since 5. Okay more off than on but she's always been on my mind. This past year also has been an intense time for dressing and I'm loving it. Wish my male mode had a better job, but you do what you can with what you've got these days.

This site really opened my eyes and a few doors. I gotta tell you, before the internet, I really thought I was alone in this world with these feelings. Oh I keep it very compartmentalized and everything and everyone in their place. ....

Having the time of my life. Remember, none of us get off this rock alive so have a blast while we're here.

Renne.....

Karren H
09-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Cause I have to... 4 < 100...

TGMarla
09-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I can also say that my femme presentation is a manifestation of who I'd be were I female instead of male. But I crossdress because I am compelled to, and in the 39 years I've been doing it, it has never even hinted at going away.

Nikki A.
09-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Because I need to and I want to.

sissystephanie
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't need to, but I do want to!! I love the fit , feel, and look of feminine clothes!! So I wear them!! OFTEN!!!!

Staci G
09-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Someone is holding a gun to my head. OH NO that someone is me lol. Yeah I love every minute of it and I couldn't stop if I tried, and I have tried. I would rather be Staci all the time, she is more fun.

Staci
09-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Because I can be whoever I want to be when I want to be them. Some days I am a girl in a mini skirt. On another a sophisticated lady in a long formal gown. The next just an average lady in jeans with a nice top. Also, I get to understand why women are so into shoes oh--- and shopping. It feels good to feel pretty.

bridget thronton
09-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Because I enjoy it and I enjoy interacting with my female friends as a woman

VanessaJCD
09-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Because it's fun to be a girl! I especially like putting on makeup and my nails and getting into that black dress!

Jessica Ames
09-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I've thought quite a bit about this. I've always been so attracted to females. They are beautiful, sexy, confident...men never seem that way and sometimes I just want to be beautiful, sexy and confident like those woman that I admire so much.

juno
09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
It is simple. We like doing it for the same reason anyone likes doing anything that makes life worth living.

It is hard to define why anything gives pleasure in life. The only difference here is that there is a conflict between the feminine desires and the masculine dislikes. That dislike may be learned from society, or may be a real internal conflict with people that also have a strong masculine side.

Really, there are many everyday male interests that are far more confusing than crossdressing. After all, the standard male brain is SUPPOSED to like feminine things in a partner. It seems trivial that such a normal desire would extend into liking a feminine self.

Kittyagain
09-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Kitty likes.

Two words. Beat that.:)

Kitty

BLUE ORCHID
09-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi Cassandra, I guess the short answer would be, If I have to explane it you you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

I have been dressing for about 63 or 64 of my almost 69years.
The satasfaction I get is beyond belief the thrill of seeing that well
dressed lady looking back at me in the mirror is awesome.

Sometimes I will change about ten times before I'm satasfied with the look.

Orchid

Aprilrain
09-17-2011, 05:26 PM
I dress because I might get sunburned or cold! not to mention nudity is illegal in most places. : P

docrobbysherry
09-17-2011, 09:32 PM
To quote Paris Hilton, "Because it's HOT"!

christina s
09-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Without being too Doctor Phill. To fulfill the feminine side of life that was never there when i was growing up.

suit
09-17-2011, 10:30 PM
thread killer I used to dress cause like a heroin addidid I was searching with the little head somthing the rat quested . the little head lead ,smelling and searching like a unquestionable guide.using all my sences some i had no idea i possessed. a quest of warmth safty and home, a place where the tree of life renewed. a pervision to that quest I met ,the find met sooo many of the signatuers of the quest, the missing were overlooked. short tearm memeories of previosue incounters of others made this seem easy pray. I opend her under ware draw...nise soft smooth the smell was present, the loude winny bitchy unfathomable creatuer was not. the rat was happy..imprint this as pay dirt, said the rat make it so the little head 2nd.ed
beware the difference of getting into her pants and getting into her panties the diffrence is importantant!

NathalieX66
09-17-2011, 10:40 PM
I am profoundly jealous of how women present themselves, and the freedom they have in terms of fashion.
I want to play too!
I see myself not fitting within the gender binary on either side, I prefer to be both.

Jamsey
09-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Simply, I dress because it feels right.

Intertwined
09-18-2011, 12:22 AM
an oversimplification, why some of us dress in 100 words or less.

this is just another one post with a different take on a subject on why we dress, or we ts, tg, t whatever and do we feel we are a woman trapped in a man's body?

Personally, I go out dressed because, if I went out not wearing any cloths, I would probably be arrested.

As for the reason I am more comfortable in Feminine attire than Masculine cloths, I have Always, since I can remember, been partial to things Pretty, Soft & Delicate.

48 words!

DebbieL
09-18-2011, 12:57 AM
100 words or less, that's a challenge forme.
I've been TG since I was about 3, I liked to play with the girls more than the boys. I liked the feel of tights, leotards, it felt like I was being hugged all over. I liked being pretty and cute. Later, I liked the feel of stockings or hose, the feel of satin panties, and of the bra. I loved getting all dressed up and looking beautiful, even sexy. I've wanted to be a girl my whole life. I learned to act like a man because I had to, but I hated it, it was such a lie. Being dressed is the only time I truly feel honest, authentic, like my true self. It takes courage, but it gives integrity.

Amandyne
09-18-2011, 03:17 AM
I love looking at cute girls. I dress so I can be my own cute girl I dress up the way I want. I'm playing doll with myself !

Mollyanne
09-18-2011, 04:40 AM
I 2 have been dressing for nearly 60 yrs & every year it has gotten more intense. I feel much more at ease when dressed and hate the charade of being male by birth and working in a world dominated by the male's in power. I TRULY prefer a female dominated society and would gladly alter my body towards that end. (61 words, sorry)

Molly

Mistybtm
09-18-2011, 06:41 AM
Because it just feels right (5 words )

Elle1946
09-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I like it and I enjoy doing it and it feels good.

cassandra54
09-18-2011, 08:31 AM
great responses girls. i originally started this thread, just to show how simple it was for me, in the sense of explaining it to others and how far i've come personally in understanding myself. but yeah you girls doing the same here works and it's very cool. i think the more you have to explain things over and over again in different ways, people still don't get it. keep them coming girls.

Vieja
09-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Simply put, I like it.

Vieja

Dana921
09-18-2011, 09:11 AM
I CAN!

Dana

Stephanie47
09-18-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm with you Cassandra. I think I posted sometimes ago that I feel I have a dual sexuality. I enjoy being a guy which includes being a husband, father and grandfather. As that guy I feel relaxed dressed like a semi slob- barefooted or athletic socks, cut off jeans and a graphic tee shirt. Before I retired I always dressed up with a dress shirt, slacks and tie. In the office environment I worked in I could never understand why the young women did not want to dressed up. Since childhood I always admired how pretty females could be. I love the Friday "Today Show" segment "Ambush Makeover." I cannot understand why those women chosen for the makeover never saw the need to look attractive.

When I feel the need to bring Stephanie out of the closet, I always need to be fully en femme. I think the time period in which I grew up had a definite effect on how I dress. Women and young girls in the 1950's always wore dresses. A woman never wore pants. I've noticed many of the younger members on this site wear pants of one kind or another. Capri pants, feminine jeans, etc are too close to the male inner self. Stephanie wants to dress as a man would not. That means a bra, garter girdle with hosiery, panties, slips, dresses and heels. Since I do not have much natural hair left I must wear a wig.

I dress as described because it would not be appropriate for the inner woman (Stephanie) to appear as a female to male cross-dresser (Steve).

cassandra54
09-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm with you Cassandra. I always need to be fully en femme. I think the time period in which I grew up had a definite effect on how I dress. Women and young girls in the 1950's always wore dresses. A woman never wore pants. I've noticed many of the younger members on this site wear pants of one kind or another. Capri pants, feminine jeans, etc are too close to the male inner self. Stephanie wants to dress as a man would not. That means a bra, garter girdle with hosiery, panties, slips, dresses and heels. Since I do not have much natural hair left I must wear a wig.

I dress as described because it would not be appropriate for the inner woman (Stephanie) to appear as a female to male cross-dresser (Steve).

i'm with you stephanie on always being fully dressed. i wear tights and thigh highs sometimes with a skirt or a dress instead of a garter belt. but i do have pants and shorts that i like to wear also. sorry i used only part of your reply for this.

hiddenwoman
09-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Feeling complete....

Inna
09-18-2011, 10:41 AM
brain......................

Gretchen K
09-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Since the first time, at age 10, I knew I needed to do this. The skirts and blouses and stockings make me feel honest and happy and content. The high heels make me feel sex and alive.

hiddenwoman
09-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I can also say that my femme presentation is a manifestation of who I'd be were I female instead of male. But I crossdress because I am compelled to, and in the 39 years I've been doing it, it has never even hinted at going away.That's a great answer! By the way, I like your photos on flickr. Our fashion tastes our similar. Well done!

SusanMarie
09-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Just feels normal...

LilSissyStevie
09-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Autogynephilia......

Asche
09-18-2011, 04:23 PM
When asked why I wear skirts, tights, petticoats, etc. (n.b.: I don't do the "I am a woman" thing), I have two answers.

1. The fun answer: In order to cause the complete collapse and destruction of Western Civilization.

2. The boring answer: Because I like it -- it's fun.

It feels cool and I like how it makes me look in the mirror. It makes dancing (esp. Contra) more fun. For the first time, I'm taking an interest in how I look. For the first time, I enjoy dressing up. For once in my life, I'm doing something I want to without worrying about whether it's "Acceptable" or "Appropriate." And inventing and sewing ever more imaginative and colorful outfits is an outlet for my techie urges.

MargaretJ
09-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Because I can, and I've got the legs for it.

giuseppina
09-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Primarily escapism. It's not at all realistic, but it works for me.

Carol A
09-18-2011, 06:11 PM
good replys from everyone, for me it is just who and what I am nothing more nothing less.

lexicd89
09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
I told my self when I was younger and starting out that I was dressing up so I would know more about the girls that I liked. When I would I was conflicted. Now I dress because its fun and I like to like many of us here have said. But I also use it as my get away from my job. emergancy services is a mocho job but I like not being macho all the time gets. Old. I don't see my self as wanting to be a woman but as someone who verry much enjoys the pretty things!
Lexi

Loni
09-18-2011, 08:24 PM
cause i like it, and it just feels right.

Tara D. Rose
09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm not really sure, although I have pondered that same question all of my life. I do not have the answer for why I do what I do. Can I completley stop it? Maybe, if I was sent to prison or something like that. I have learned that I have to , I need to, I cannot stop it or turn if off. It is here to stay. I think many others on here are the same way. So the best answer is because I have to and must do just to even function in today's society. It can never stop.

Rachel Renee
09-19-2011, 03:46 AM
I love to dress because it gives me a feeling of profound contentment. That, and it's just FUN! I have been crossdressing in some form since I was a kid but it's only been in the last ten years that I have begun to understand what it means to me and how it fits into my life, and it's a journey I feel lucky to be on. I've come to understand and accept the fact that there is a definite female component to my soul and just like any other girl, I need to be able to fully express my femininity sometimes. This is a part of myself that I have come to truly love and I think I'd feel lost without it.

suit
09-19-2011, 05:15 AM
I understand the "feeling of profound contentment" and the it's fun aspect. < but does that not explaine how sex makes you feel too ?
and in a way its better it lasts longer ,less work and a whole body experence. ooh its visual and verseral too (depending on howpadded , tight and sculption your underware is ). that part makes me resent it , like drug it seems like a cheat. it may be the part the women dont like eather, the cheat part.

KarenCDFL
09-19-2011, 08:59 AM
I dress feminine because it matches my mindset.

This goes back to being a 2 year old when I would play with my mom's stockings and other things like makeup as I got older. Even now (in my 50's) when I am going out I seem out of place in male garb because I have no makeup on. It is just the way it is.

mitchellmitch16
09-19-2011, 09:14 AM
I love the way I feel inside and out.. Have always love the feeling and look.

BlondeFarrah
09-19-2011, 09:15 AM
I dont know a better way to enjoy my sexual life.

allin
09-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I dress because I feel so comfortable. A calm comes over me that is hard to explain, but delightful.

part-time-amanda
09-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Half is l love how it makes me feel and look, other half is the sexual aspect

AnitaH
09-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I too dress because it just feels right and the calm that comes over me

AnitaH

Emme
09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
The satasfaction I get is beyond belief the thrill of seeing that well
dressed lady looking back at me in the mirror is awesome.

OK I quoted someone! Butit is true!

CO_Bobbie
09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I feel like I'm home and I look at my pained toes and they look right.