PDA

View Full Version : If that is what it takes..

Katie83
09-18-2011, 10:31 AM
As many of you know my wife has said she will accept that i cross dress but has no interest in seeing Katie or having anything to do with the whole thing.
Today we had to go to a shoe shop to take my daughters shoes back, as they'd fallen apart. I mentioned to my wife that i would likd to get some black stilettos that fit me properly, she said ok but didn't want to be about when i looked and tried any on. When i'd found some they were on offer, 2 for £20, and there were no others i wanted in my size, so i asked my wife if there were any she wanted, her eyes lit up and she quickly found herself some to make the most of the offer! I paid for them both and when we got home she asked if she could see what i had bought! So i showed her my new stilettos, she said they were nice but too high for her.
I'm really pleased with this progress its only little but a start and all i needed to do was to buy her a pair of shoes.
I wanted to share my progress with you all.
For anyone wondering my daughter knows nothing about Katie and i have no intention of her knowing for the foreseeable future.
Katie

hiddenwoman
09-18-2011, 10:37 AM
A little progress is better than no progress! Hang in there!

Mollyanne
09-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi Katie, Isn't it rewarding to be a part of an attitude change, and one for the better???? You realize of course that this will open up a entirely new area for both you and the SO. GOOD FOR YOU AND HER ALSO!!!!!

Molly

Stephanie47
09-18-2011, 10:45 AM
I wish I was in your situation- a supportive wife. But wear those stilettos with care. The higher the heel the greater chance of getting foot problems. I can't wear more than a three inch heel in comfort. I have a pair with 4 1/2 inch heels and they tire my legs. Now take her shopping for bra and panty sets!

Kittyagain
09-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Katie that is absolutely wonderful. As I read your story I just could not help but smile knowing that had to be a beautiful moment for you two.

Kitty

Danni Renee
09-18-2011, 11:04 AM
I am beginning to think that when you have a don't ask, don't tell spouse/SO that the best way to get her to be more accepting is to include her in the process, a little at a time. Buying her shoes is a great first step and now when she looks at getting her next pair of shoes she will think back to this occasion and maybe buy a pair for you too!

PretzelGirl
09-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Sometimes the baby steps are the best way to go..... And the most fulfilling. Nice story!

kimdl93
09-19-2011, 10:06 AM
It sounds like the key to her acceptance is to keep shopping with her!

Chickhe
09-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Thw way to a woman's heart is through her shoes! ...seriously, a few little bribes will help he see the fun in it.

suchacutie
09-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Great story! My first public action for Tina was to go shoe shopping with my wife, trying on shoes in guy mode, being helped by an SA, and all the rest! Oh, and I found that very high heels are great therapy for my back, and I now wear them for a few minutes every morning while shaving, etc. I find that splitting my time between flats and very high heels is the best!

tina

Prettyinscarlet
09-19-2011, 11:27 AM
I wish I could take my SO shoe shopping to show him how much I am onboard with his CD'ing, unfortunately at nearly 6 ft in guy shoes and size 10 feet we couldnt possible shop in regular shoe stores. we do trawl the internet together but its not the same as going to the store and trying things on :(

With a nice pair of 3-4 inch stilettos on he does tower about me even though I'm about 5'7 .... but I do love it .. my leggy supermodel SO ..;)

Maria 60
09-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Iam sure that after a while she is going to enjoy you going out with her and maybe she will start bribing you. When we go out and find something for Maria i usually buy something for her, but most of all she admits she loves to shop with me, she feels as if it brings us closer and finds we have a much more closer relationship compared to our friends and say it's because of the crossdressing.

Katie83
09-19-2011, 12:33 PM
I wish I could take my SO shoe shopping to show him how much I am onboard with his CD'ing, unfortunately at nearly 6 ft in guy shoes and size 10 feet we couldnt possible shop in regular shoe stores. we do trawl the internet together but its not the same as going to the store and trying things on :(

With a nice pair of 3-4 inch stilettos on he does tower about me even though I'm about 5'7 .... but I do love it .. my leggy supermodel SO ..;)

Try Priceless shoes, they sell womens shoes up to size 11, or Brantano they sell up to size 10
Katie

Rianna Humble
09-19-2011, 12:54 PM
size 10 feet we couldn't possible shop in regular shoe stores

I think that Evans go up to about a 10 or 11 and they also do wider fittings which can be useful

BLUE ORCHID
09-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi Katie, The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.
I wish you luck .

Orchid

Shelly Preston
09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Katie

Those are the little things that can lead to acceptance

You never know she may want to see you in those heels next

Who knows where it could lead ??????

Rianna Humble
09-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi Katie,

First of all, congratulations on respecting your wife's feelings on this matter :bighug: That was a really sweet gesture to ask your wife if she wanted to share in the 2 for £20 offer!

I think this will have gone a long way to reassuring her about your cross-dressing and hopefully little by little she will become comfortable enough to want to share this part of your life as well.

And of course, it's great about the progress too :thumbsup:

Ameli
09-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Katie.

I'm really happy that you and your wife were able to share that moment together but I doubt that show of support and love is due to a free pair of shoes. If it were that easy, we would have all filled our wives' closets with Louboutins a long time ago! I think the words "Honey, I'm a crossdresser" must be incredibly hard to come to terms with and I think it all takes time. I would imagine that it takes many months to unravel ones feelings about having a crossdressing spouse and what it means for your future and the future of your daughter. Anyway, I think it's a great show of support that your wife was present while her husband bought high heels and wanted to see them afterward. Congratulations, to you both. All the best,

Ameli