PDA

View Full Version : A "*****" for crossdressing?

JamieG
09-18-2011, 07:54 PM
No, it's not what you think. A few days ago, my wife and I had a conversation that I almost forgot to post. We were watching Project Runway, and in the episode, a group of guys had to help the designers create a dress for their SOs. We were joking about how some guys were going to have no clue what their SO's like to wear, and put them in something that would just get a "H*LL NO!" Then she joked, "The guys should have to wear what they ask for." I immediately exclaimed "I would do it!" She shook her head and said "You're a ***** for crossdressing," meaning I would jump at any chance to crossdress. It kinda' hurt, because it is more-or-less true. It seems that I really do look for any excuse to crossdress. Not that I get many opportunities to do it outside of my support group, but I kinda of have a "leap before I look" attitude when they do arise. In these situations, my wife has to act as the cooler head, even though I'm usually cautious in all other aspects of my life. Are you also "a ***** for crossdressing," and if so, why do you think that is?

EDIT: Apparently I used a word that was in our bleeped list. The "*****" is a word that starts with "wh" and rhymes with "boar."

Sophie86
09-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Pretty much. She's definitely the "cooler head" and without her restraint I would probably go a bit nuts with it. She's the one thinking "what about the kids?" "What about my coworkers?" "What about our relatives?" Etc. It's probably a good thing that someone is asking those questions, but I do feel a bit constrained at times.

Nikki A.
09-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't consider myself a #####, but when the opportunity is there I take it. Well maybe I am LOL

sissystephanie
09-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Not sure where I would fit in this situation!! Having been married to a very dear lady who totally supported my CD'ing for almost 50 years before Cancer took her, I guess maybe I am an expletive crossdresser!! I dressed whenever I felt like it when she was around and I still do!! Is that wrong?? I don't think so!!

DebbieL
09-18-2011, 11:01 PM
No, I'm a **** for cross-dressing - you don't have to pay me, I'll do it for free. :-D.

However, I do understand your wife's concern. Sometimes, we get so excited at the opportunity, we forget that there are consequences.

I've had serious physical injuries as a child, more damage in junior high, drugs in high school, a platonic marriage, harassed out of a job I liked, forced to pay half my after tax income in child support to my ex-wife and her new husband - whose combined disability and worker's comp was more than my take-home pay. Denied visitation, and possibly disinherited - because of my dressing, both public and private.

I've had to make some careful choices, choosing a lower paying job with an employer who has an aggressive diversity program, maintaining a low publicity profile to prevent my dressing from being used against causes I support. I've had to carefully choose lovers and wives, and have been rejected far more times than things have worked out well.

Finally, at 56 years old, I have a wife who knows, understands and loves me. I have no secrets to keep from anyone. My employer knows and accepts. Even people at my church know and accept it. I have a community who supports me.

Your wife may be smarter than you think. She may be aware of the consequences ever more than you.

I would encourage you to create an environment where you can safely live your life, including cross-dressing without secrets. Your wife might even be a supportive partner.

jennCD
09-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Considering my dressing activities are much more often on hiatus than they are active, I can't say that I am.... but it's not something for from my mind most times, so I could say I am mentally I guess.

:)
jenn

Tina B.
09-19-2011, 09:20 AM
It's the wifes job to holler slow down when we drive in fog, and we do that a lot here on the north coast, it's also her job to holler whoa, when the pink fog gets to thick, and at times it does get too thick.
Tina B.

kimdl93
09-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I guess so - I prefer being dressed en femme, at home and increasingly, in public. I'm much more comfortable with being out in public than my wife is at this point.

Valerie1973
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
I would jump at the chance as well. However, this summer there was a chance for me to glam up. There was a radio contest to "glam your man" to win Adam Lambert tickets. My SO wanted to go see that guy and was so eager to to glam me up. Then it was to be posted on a face-book site for the station. I didn't win because I went full fem. They were looking for more of an original "genderf####" thing. Point is we or I should say I had too much fun. My SO has come around with the CDing. and still isn't big on it but we've made some progress and took a step or two forward. Also, she has been on what is HGC diet plan. She has so far lost close to 50 lbs. That was a wall between us and not the Cding. So I have told here over and over, but keeping it cool and light shopping for her new wardrobe is something I want to be a part of. Of course "you" would she told me. Ciao

suchacutie
09-19-2011, 11:06 AM
I would agree that I'm an opportunistic CD, but as a profesisonal I'm an analyst so my internal automatic responses don't favor the kind of implications that the ***** would imply. Also, even though my wife is completely supportive, there are just times when she wants her man, and I agree with that completely! If those two pieces were not in place to slow me down, I have no idea how much Tina would take over!

BLUE ORCHID
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi Jamie, I may be one to any excuse to dress is all I need like sun up sun down the dog barking.

Orchid

Rianna Humble
09-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Are you also "a ***** for crossdressing,"

Not me, I'm afraid. I don't like cross-dressing myself but I am happy to have friends who do.

JamieG
09-19-2011, 06:28 PM
Pretty much. She's definitely the "cooler head" and without her restraint I would probably go a bit nuts with it. She's the one thinking "what about the kids?" "What about my coworkers?" "What about our relatives?" Etc. It's probably a good thing that someone is asking those questions, but I do feel a bit constrained at times.

It's the wifes job to holler slow down when we drive in fog, and we do that a lot here on the north coast, it's also her job to holler whoa, when the pink fog gets to thick, and at times it does get too thick.
Tina B.

Sophie and Tina, I agree it's good to have her looking out for me when I'm too gung ho.

However, I do understand your wife's concern. Sometimes, we get so excited at the opportunity, we forget that there are consequences.

Your wife may be smarter than you think. She may be aware of the consequences ever more than you.

I would encourage you to create an environment where you can safely live your life, including cross-dressing without secrets. Your wife might even be a supportive partner.

I think she's quite smart, and don't begrudge her. She's actually quite supportive.

I would jump at the chance as well. However, this summer there was a chance for me to glam up. There was a radio contest to "glam your man" to win Adam Lambert tickets. My SO wanted to go see that guy and was so eager to to glam me up. Then it was to be posted on a face-book site for the station. I didn't win because I went full fem. They were looking for more of an original "genderf####" thing. Point is we or I should say I had too much fun. My SO has come around with the CDing. and still isn't big on it but we've made some progress and took a step or two forward. Also, she has been on what is HGC diet plan. She has so far lost close to 50 lbs. That was a wall between us and not the Cding. So I have told here over and over, but keeping it cool and light shopping for her new wardrobe is something I want to be a part of. Of course "you" would she told me. Ciao

That's so awesome. Too bad you didn't win.

I would agree that I'm an opportunistic CD, but as a profesisonal I'm an analyst so my internal automatic responses don't favor the kind of implications that the ***** would imply. Also, even though my wife is completely supportive, there are just times when she wants her man, and I agree with that completely! If those two pieces were not in place to slow me down, I have no idea how much Tina would take over!

I work in computers, a very "logical" profession. I'm normally very Spock-like. But when it comes to CDing I tend to put the logic out the window. Maybe my femme side is also my more emotional side?

TGMarla
09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Hmpff! I should say not! I am a lady, after all......every chance I get, it seems!

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-20-2011, 01:34 PM
I am a ........ for crossdressing and would do it full time if my wife would be OK with it. She is the only reason I don't go full time. I have 4 grown children and it would bother me how they viewed it but it is only my wife that has to live with me full time so she deserves a say in the matter.