PDA

View Full Version : testosterone

Steph.TS
09-19-2011, 01:49 AM
I started excersing as what my nutritionist wanted, she ask for 30 minutes for 3 days a week, I did this fine but I also am concerned about making sure that I don't get overweight as my metabolism is starting to slow so I I went from about 3k per walk to 5k (for 2 days) and tonight I walked nearly 7.5k. I bring this up as I was doing some research online and found out that exercise can increase testosterone as well as weight loss, last thing I need in my body is more testosterone I was hoping you could tell me I have nothing to worry about, all I know is I'm going to step up my drinking of soy milk :)

Melody Moore
09-19-2011, 02:12 AM
all I know is I'm going to step up my drinking of soy milk :)
WTF? you cannot be serious? Do you really honestly believe that soy is going to make any difference?
Asians eat & drink soy in almost everything they consume and just look at the women - most are flat
chested with very little breast to even speak of, blowing any theories about soy clean out of the water! :heehee:

If you are serious about transitioning Steph, then please stop complicating everything for yourself more than
it needs to be, get yourself into therapy with a psychologist and get your referral to see a doctor and get
yourself onto a hormones and an anti-androgen. However I also believe that any testosterone production isn't
going to make a scrap of difference to anything until you do - if that is what you are really wanting to hear. :)

CharleneT
09-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Do you know what your current T level is ? Would be good to know. As for exercise, yes, it does increase testosterone production. You could try exercises that minimize male muscle development (such as swimming).

Melody's right about soy, you would have to drink enough to float a small boat for any chance at changes.

Steph.TS
09-19-2011, 06:26 AM
WTF? you cannot be serious? Do you really honestly believe that soy is going to make any difference?
Asians eat & drink soy in almost everything they consume and just look at the women - most are flat
chested with very little breast to even speak of, blowing any theories about soy clean out of the water! :heehee:

If you are serious about transitioning Steph, then please stop complicating everything for yourself more than
it needs to be, get yourself into therapy with a psychologist and get your referral to see a doctor and get
yourself onto a hormones and an anti-androgen. However I also believe that any testosterone production isn't
going to make a scrap of difference to anything until you do - if that is what you are really wanting to hear. :)

already in therapy, and my psychologist is trying to arrange an appointment with a psychiatrist for me so I can get a referal to a 'gatekeeper' here that'll open doors such as HRT. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly about the soy thing before I slept. I was thinking not about so much feminizing but trying to counter balance the small amount of testoterone production increase with small amount of phytoestrogen just worried about trying to minimize the impact of testosterone on my body pre HRT.

Charlene, I don't know any thing about my hormone levels I could have high levels of T or low (though I doubt high T).

Kaitlyn Michele
09-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Life is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONG steph....

i was 165 lbs in college in the best shape of my life..
i was 230 lbs in 1988 when i drunk drove my car into a telephone
i was 180lbs for many years as i worked to get my life together
i was 240 lbs when i hit bottom again and got divorced
i was 150!! yes 150..when i had srs

and i'm 170 today....

Know your numbers, eat healthy, do what you need to mitigate your anxiety and try to feel good about yourself... you are dealing with a problem that destroys lives...you are doing great, step by step....your best path is to NOT worry about things you can't control, and focus squarely on what you CAN control...

you can do it!
-k

Melody Moore
09-19-2011, 08:16 AM
I was thinking not about so much feminizing but trying to counter balance the small
amount of testoterone production increase with small amount of phytoestrogen just
worried about trying to minimize the impact of testosterone on my body pre HRT.
First of all Steph, it is music to my ears to hear that you finally got yourself
into therapy because this is by far the biggest & most important step for you.

So well done! ;)

As for the phytoestrogens having any affecting your testosterone - I really have to question the credibility of
any report that makes claims that soy can have any effect in lowering your testosterone. This is ultimately
where the belief by so many people here comes from that soy-based herbals will not work on males who want
to transition to become females - the first thing you need to realise is that phytoestrogens are not a T-blocker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens#Health_risks_and_benefits (See section on "Males")

A 2010 meta-analysis of fifteen placebo-controlled studies said that "neither soy foods nor isoflavone supplements alter measures of bioavailable testosterone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone) concentrations in men." Furthermore, Isoflavones supplementation has no effect on sperm concentration, count or motility, and show no changes in testicular or ejaculate volume.

Aprilrain
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM

Yeah but those Thai boys were basically designed to be girls!!!!

Steph exercising is good for you don't worry about increasing testosterone though I wouldn't lift weights If I were you! if your on an anti T it will do its job regardless of your level of exercise. if your not it isn't going to make a bit of difference.

Yeah if anything soy will just take up space where REAL estrogen could be doing its job!
think of it this way, If you need an anti T with prescription estrogen which is chemically identical to the estrogen that females produce than soy estrogen isn't going to do squat without an anti T and probably nothing to almost nothing with an anti T.

ameliabee
09-19-2011, 09:02 AM
I started excersing as what my nutritionist wanted, she ask for 30 minutes for 3 days a week, I did this fine but I also am concerned about making sure that I don't get overweight as my metabolism is starting to slow so I I went from about 3k per walk to 5k (for 2 days) and tonight I walked nearly 7.5k. I bring this up as I was doing some research online and found out that exercise can increase testosterone as well as weight loss, last thing I need in my body is more testosterone I was hoping you could tell me I have nothing to worry about, all I know is I'm going to step up my drinking of soy milk :)

Please try and avoid the soy. While there are phytoestrogens in soy, they're roughly .001 times as potent as bio-identical estrogen. It's not going to do anything to lower your testosterone levels. The soy milk will dump lectins into your GI tract though, making it more difficult for your body to absorb needed nutrients, sabotaging your weight control plan in the process.

Melody Moore
09-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah but those Thai boys were basically designed to be girls!!!!
Yeah April they were, many of them make most western t-girls feel a little jealous - but still soy plays no part in it ;)

CharleneT
09-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm in Bangkok right now, and I can bear witness to the fact that there are loads of very manly looking thai men running around :D

Melody Moore
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Bite yer tongue Charlene, you are making me feel jealous :daydreaming: