PDA

View Full Version : My weekend wasn't good....

Jessica86
09-19-2011, 03:40 AM
I'm sitting here looking through different things in online stores. It has been a while since I've actually bought Jessica a new outfit. I'm thinking this because my weekend was pure crap. I promised myself when I make it through all the things I'm going through, I will buy Jessica some new outfits, and HER FIRST PURSE!!!!

My last day at work, I was offered a day shift job so I would no longer have to work nights. Bad part is it is a good drive away from here, and my supervisor will be an old supervisor I used to work for who was promoted and moved. I used to think we really didn't get along, until I was handed a letter from him, requesting I be transferred over to where he is....on day shift. So, I am thinking about that, and I get back to the office, where my current supervisor comes in (knowing nothing of the transfer) and tells me I have to WORK HALLOWEEN NIGHT!!! I looked at him, asking why, and I wish I hadn't. His wife is going in for surgery. She is a recovering cancer patient. Something last surgery went wrong, and they just couldn't risk it in one operation, so now is the time. Even worse, Halloween is her birthday. He assured me she will be fine, but wanted to take time off for the little ones. He has helped me through so much, and taught me a lot. It's the least I could do, so I agreed, and didn't try to pawn it off on anyone else or make excuses.

I have been looking forward to Halloween night ALL YEAR! It was going to be the perfect time to tell my best friend, brother, and I was thinking...maybe my family. My wife and I were going to go to a Halloween party, and I was going to get to go out in femme in public for the first time. My wife originally wasn't for me going out in public, but presented the idea of going for Halloween due to the acceptance level.

So I break the news to my wife, who tells me she will have her parents watch our son for last Friday night while we go out for a drive with Jessica. YES! Sounds like a wonderful evening, and she even says "Maybe I can give her a surprise when she comes home." So, I'm seriously thinking my fantasy was going to come true. Although, she is the kind of person...like me...who buys people things for random holidays just as gifts. So, I don't know if she was meaning a gift....or a GIFT! :daydreaming:

That.....gets cancelled too. Her parents cancel last minute, and our babysitter calls mid day while I'm sleeping for night shift.....and just quits without reason. She says she wanted to pursue a better job with more pay. I would be okay with that...if the babysitter wasn't my niece...and she brought him home. Just as I was getting to sleep after being awake for almost 24 hours too. I've done so much for her, and even gave her good money to watch him just for a few days out of the week. Then, I have to take care of our two year old son while I haven't slept in almost 24 hours, working 15 hours straight through the previous night. Then, I went in and worked another 13 that night right as my wife got home. So, Friday night went out the window. :sad:

I don't bring Jessica up to my wife. I let her bring her up, and say "Where's she been?" or something. I feel like it's a respect thing, because after all, she did marry a man. Sometimes, she gets fed up with me because of my male side doing something, and tells me to go get Jessica jokingly. It just hasn't happened in a while due to lots of things. Now, I'm about to box up Jessica's things to move into our new home with her, and I have a long week ahead. I guess I gotta just hang in there....but lots of disappointments. Jessica is gone for a minimum of two weeks, and I have the urge like no other right now! I can't wait to move. I really want to go out, but I am just leaving that to be mentioned by my wife again. Maybe I can say "Can we do something like we planned last Friday?" I don't know. She told me to find a purse because Jessica will need one to go out...and look right. So, the horizon is promissing, but I guess we will just have to see. If you really read all of this, I thank you. It's just at 300 AM in the morning, I have lots of time to think, since I have to stay awake on mornings off so I can sleep during the day...and go to work that night. Guess it's back to shopping for purses...who knew there would be so many I like!!!:heehee:

Jillian Faith
09-19-2011, 05:10 AM
We all go thru times like what you are going thru right now. Hang in there it sounds like you have one of those special wives, I promise this too shall pass and there will be plenty of Jessica time in the future. BTW you photos are precious, you really do look great!

Hugs
Jill

Dana921
09-19-2011, 05:17 AM
I can only offer encouragement to hang in there and do what you have to do!

Hoping you get a break soon!

Dana

Kittyagain
09-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Hang in there girl. If it wasn't for bad times there would be no good times.

Kitty

Tina B.
09-19-2011, 08:02 AM
This is one time that it is easy to say, thing will get better, you have an understanding wife, so it's just logistics. A new babysitter will be found, and some where down the road the time will be there, for now, just find that purse, it sounds like you are going to need it, and when the time is right, you want to be ready, so it all goes just the way you want it to.
Tina B.

TGMarla
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Fate intervened. Perhaps it's telling you that you should not be telling your brother and friends about this part of you. Maybe it's meant to be something shared only between you and your wife.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Chickhe
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
You know what... take the new job if that is what you need. Your old boss has enough time to figure out a way to deal with your departure. The way I figure it, you can always earn money, but you can never get back time...so do the things that you will enjoy, while you can. Besides, you have no control over your boss' schedule and he could change his plans at the last minute...then how will you feel?

charlytuna
09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
welcome to parenthood I feel for since been there and done it. But now that problem is over both are grown-up and moved on their own, when that day came I celabreted by being charly for a wholem week

suchacutie
09-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Being a parent and enjoy eating both tend to rule our lives! The only thing we can do is take pride in the fact that we are doing it correctly and that life will improve, if only because we work like the devil to make it so! :)

tina

BLUE ORCHID
09-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi Jessica, Halloween is on a Monday threr will probably be partys on Saturday night.

Orchid

Stephanie47
09-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Jessica, Halloween is on a Monday threr will probably be partys on Saturday night.

Orchid

You beat me to it! With Halloween on a Monday, there's apt to be parties Friday, Saturday and Sunday. And, if there isn't a party before the Monday, plan a shopping getaway with your wonderful wife. I bet you could browse all the department stores and get away modeling outfits for your wife, buy shoes, and thrown in a facial makeover at a cosmetic counter or salon. The alternative is to sit at home and sulk.

anonymousinmaryland
09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Having the urge like no other and not being able to take care of it is the pits.
Having the courage to come out, and then not able to go through with it must be hard.
Happy to hear you have an accepting and supportive wife. Buy her some roses.