PDA

View Full Version : need to go on a diet

robyn1114
10-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Hi Girls,

Well I spent the better part of the afternoon shopping at the Tacoma mall. I had a blast trying on different clothes, but boy is it frustracting when you have the shoulders of a linebacker. I'm so close to a misses size Xlarge top, 14/16, but not close enough. So that leaves me to shopping in the womens sizes which has about a third of the selection. Every store I went into I could find dozens of nice outfits in misses sizes, but lucky to find 1 or 2 in larger sizes. It's almost enough to give up shopping.

DonnaT
10-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Ain't it the pits, Robyn. I can fit a 16W in skirts but need a 24/26 (3X)for a top. Definitely more options in the smaller sizes. For the life of me I don't see why that is, as there are plenty of larger ladies about to warrant the making of a larger variety of larger clothes. And yet people wonder why larger ladies don't dress as nice as others.

Tiffy
10-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Ain't it the pits, Robyn. I can fit a 16W in skirts but need a 24/26 (3X)for a top. Definitely more options in the smaller sizes. For the life of me I don't see why that is, as there are plenty of larger ladies about to warrant the making of a larger variety of larger clothes. And yet people wonder why larger ladies don't dress as nice as others.

Donna , well said as I feel the same way. But, I need a 4 or 5X top. Still get away with about an 18 around the waist. It really does get maddening when shopping. Like the other day I was not thinking. I ordered a PJ set. But, I went by the shirt size. Then a day late I told my wife that I thought the bottoms would never stay up. Well guess what, I swim in the bottoms but the top fit great.

Kisses, April

urban gypsy
10-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Over this side of the pond tesco and asda have started to do up to size 26uk at very reasonable prices, or there is a shop called evans that also caters for the larger lady upto size 34 uk, and just a short distance away from were I live the is a another shop called yours that does upto size 36 uk. All these do very upto date fashionable styles and the shops Yours and the local Evans are very cd friendly and very helpful.
So I am quite spoilt for choice here in essex.

JoAnnDallas
10-14-2005, 12:08 PM
I went on a diet this past summer, because I was wearing a 16/18 and now I'm back down to a 14.

Ginagirl
10-14-2005, 12:21 PM
hey robyn,
Feel good, your shoulders don't look that size, besides you have a very pretty face. Do what a women would do and play to your strengths. your doing well.