PDA

View Full Version : how many carry a purse

Missy
10-14-2005, 12:11 AM
how many carry a purse or hand bag and do you use it in guy mode too?
also what kinds is it?

Missy

TGMarla
10-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I'd like to get a purse. A girl really can't go out without one. But I don't have one, and I'm a little afraid to buy one.

Crystal Harmony
10-14-2005, 12:40 AM
I have a purse i use when dressed in fem that i put in my hand bag when i go out,but i also use my hand bag when i go go around to my mates place because you carnt fit nothing in girls jeans.

Lisa Golightly
10-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Yes all the time. What's it like? It's huge! I'm one of those 'I might need that' types so I horde loads of rubbish in my bag. Phones, spare tights, unpaid bills, pictures of clothes torn out of magazines that I'm looking for, makeup, perfume, couple of cds, magazine, some earrings, chewy sweets... lol :)

Sharon
10-14-2005, 02:08 AM
I have a couple handbags that I use when dressed, both of which are pretty casual looking.. One is a brown and blue leather shoulder bag that I have had for years, and the other newer one is a red leather Kirsten knockoff (sorry, I refuse to spend $600 for a dang bag). I carry my wallet, glasses, lipstick and concealer, PDA, small notebook, and more which makes life so simple when I'm dressed.
I never carry a bag in guy mode. All I need then is a rear pocket for a wallet and side pockets for keys and money.

MandyTS
10-14-2005, 02:22 AM
In guy mode my purse is my laptop bag, although I carry a wallet in my front pocket (never in the back, security issue). When I am presenting as myself (woman) I carry a smaller sholder bag with a compact, lipstick, conceler, a small wallet for money, cards, etc, a cell phone, keys, etc. I like to keep my purse at a reasonable size so I don't carry much more than I do in guy mode.

I would love to carry a purse as a guy... but socal conditioning prevent it.

Leilani68
10-14-2005, 02:45 AM
Sure do, my wife and I have several cute little purses,Evening handbags.
Carry lipstick, pantiliner, makeup, $$$$ for shopping...:)
Do not carry one in drab, unless wife asks me to hold it for a moment..

Sophie_A
10-14-2005, 02:58 AM
I have a lovely pink purse, decided if i am going out and about there would be nothing more wrong than producing a wallet, so it had to be a purse. Well a handbag or two is a must most clothes dont have pockets, and well its another prop that helps us blend in. I got a great velvet playboy bag from ebay couldnt believe the price i got it for, 2.99 had seen it in the shops for 35 so that was nice.

Phoebe Reece
10-14-2005, 10:15 AM
If you're going to go out and about, you need a purse. I have several. The one I use most of the time is one I found at Walmart a few years ago. It is plain black leather (goes with anything), with lots of zipper compartments (for cellphone, makeup, spare pantyhose, reading glasses, wallet, loose coins, swiss army knife, flashlight, safety pins, digital camera, etc.), and has a shoulder strap as well as handles. It cost less than $ 10, but is worth its weight in gold. I don't carry a purse in drab - I just stuff things in my pockets.

Marla GG
10-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I'd like to get a purse. A girl really can't go out without one. But I don't have one, and I'm a little afraid to buy one.

Hey Marla, don't be afraid. It is not that unusual for a man to buy a purse for his wife or his mother as a gift. There is really no chance they are going to think it's for you.

Jamie M
10-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Hey Marla, don't be afraid. It is not that unusual for a man to buy a purse for his wife or his mother as a gift. There is really no chance they are going to think it's for you.

Absolutely , I have never bought a purse/handbag for myself but have lost count of the times I have bought them as a present for Kelly. really no-one thinks twice especially as xmas is coming up , people but this sort of stuff all the time as gifts. Go for it !

Richelle
10-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Missy,

When out enfem, like any other women I use a purse to carrier such important items such as lipstick. :)

For years, in drab mode I use a women's wallet, that can hold my keys. My current one, has a removalble strap that I can use enfem.

Richelle

Jenny Beth
10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
I always carry a purse. The one in my avatar has four compartments and they are all full. Looking for car keys (or anything else) takes a while. :confused:

DonnaT
10-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I have several, but only bought one. Most are my wife's cast offs, and the one is a little pick one I bought for going out when I was in Vegas. It doesn't have a lot of room, glasses, keys, money, ID, lippy.

MistyCD
10-14-2005, 11:52 AM
I have a purse I bought from Kohls, imitation leather that I carry while enfemme. I use it to hold my wallet, money, car keys, etc

Misty

Wendy me
10-14-2005, 12:57 PM
i have pureses for the in fwm mode but in the "him" mode i carry a small red day bag that has everything in it...and i do mean everything...

jo_ann
10-14-2005, 06:46 PM
i spose if u were going out femme, it would be wise to have a purse whether you need it or not.. you don't see too many women without one since most women's clothing doesn't have many pockets.

urban gypsy
10-14-2005, 07:12 PM
When dressed I always have a purse and handbag with me. when in drab I still use a purse but I also have a Louie Vitton manbag.
Handbag manbag both the same just one is slight plainer and bigger you can guess which is which.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-14-2005, 07:31 PM
i spose if u were going out femme, it would be wise to have a purse whether you need it or not.. you don't see too many women without one since most women's clothing doesn't have many pockets.

Exactly. I usually just have a black "hobo"-style leather purse, since I don't like huge purses. I've got another smaller purse that's suitable for clubbing. Would love to get some more, but can't justify the cost at the moment.

I don't carry a purse in guy mode, although I'm been toying with getting a Treo (work-related) and been joking you do need a purse to lug one around.

BTW, if you're shy, there's always online shopping at places like eBags (http://www.ebags.com). As others have said, plenty of guys buy purses for their SOs, so you're not going to stand out.

Charlene Marie
10-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I have 5 purses, I wouldn't to out without one. Things I carry I feel I MUST have. Ientification, drivers license, I.D. card with my real name Etc. with a picture of me En Femmm, money, lipstick, eye shadow, sun glasses, nail glue,
breath spray, pen and paper, change for the meter, and last but not least,
PEPPER SPRAY.

Shannon
10-15-2005, 02:16 AM
I just bought a black leather handbag -- Anne Klein.

Mandy Salamander
10-15-2005, 03:44 AM
Yes all the time. What's it like? It's huge! I'm one of those 'I might need that' types so I horde loads of rubbish in my bag. Phones, spare tights, unpaid bills, pictures of clothes torn out of magazines that I'm looking for, makeup, perfume, couple of cds, magazine, some earrings, chewy sweets... lol :)
...me tooooooo!!!!!,,,,,, and am sooo glad t' see am not th' only one!!!!!

Lauren_T
10-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Last weekend I went to Dillard's more femme than ever, but I still didn't carry a bag, although I did bring one in the car, a smallish mauve soft knit, big enough for phone, keys, wallet, camera, compact, lipstick. I mentioned that to my GG friend when we were already inside, "I don't think I'm up to totin' a purse yet." "Who cares?" "Y'know," said I, "I've heard a lot of that lately..." thinking of this place...

So, OK, tomorrow, 'who cares,' indeed! :D

If you told me last year that I would be in public, wearing makeup, jewelry and high heels, carrying a purse - well, I would likely have suggested, as Jack Nicholson once did, "Are you out of your effing mind?" :eek:

Elinor
10-15-2005, 06:42 AM
I don't own a handbag but I do carry a purse and have done for years now in bloke mode.

As a man of 55 I don't give a damn but when I was a younger bloke I would rather die than even hold one.
Strange how one changes.

A small rucksack is useful I found in New York because it was so humid and I need to carry water + maps etc. The last thing I needed was to wear a jacket because of the heat.

Woman know why a handbag and purse are important as a bloke I usually have pockets. I carry a purse because as a guy I have always hated carrying coins in my pocket. As a young man I put up with it as an older male I choose to carry a purse to stop those nasty coins hitting my leg etc.
It was always uncomfortable having coins in my trouser pocket.

stefanie
10-15-2005, 06:45 AM
i have about 4 purses....gotta have that matching color and appropriate fun styles. the last one i bought, yes, i know, very trendy is the little cute ones with the short shoulder strap in which the bag fits nice and tight to the body. I actually like it, fun to wear and use.

Eileen
10-15-2005, 08:40 AM
When efem I always carry a purse. In guy mode I use a fanny pack.

Eileen

DeniseNY
10-15-2005, 09:53 AM
I actually own many purses. Some are large , for carrying a weekend worth of clothes, some are small, for instance when you are traveling during the day. The small purses with the small straps are in fashion. I also have then in many colors to match my many outfits (girl's gotta match, you know), and when you are wearing one, like wearing heels or a skirt or pantyhose, it reminds you that you are not a guy anymore, and have to do things differently. Plus, you feel so pretty when your outfit is topped off by the perfect handbag.

Stephanie Kay
10-15-2005, 10:14 AM
I always carry a purse as Stephanie, but there is really very little in it, wallet, change purse, lipstick, compact, eyeglass case (I have girly eyeglasses that I only use as Stephanie), spare maxipad. That's about it! So it's usually fairly small.

BTW, do those of you who wear glasses have en femme glasses and en drab glasses?

tifftg
10-15-2005, 10:32 AM
When I am out and about as Tiffany, I always have a purse, ( I own 3 or 4 now). I bring along money, id, makeup, cell phone, gum or mints, keys. Sometimes I wish I could find one that works for my drab side, would be very handy.

tiff

Jodi Lynn
10-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Whenever I go out dressed I allways carry a purse. One time I forgot to bring a purse so I stopped at a Target store to buy one. It was the frist tiome that I had ever went shopping in fem. It was great.

Hugs and kisses, Jodi Lynn

Skirtboy
10-15-2005, 08:05 PM
I have a simple purse. If/When I go out dressed, I will probably carry it, if for no other reason than that I live in a rough neighborhood and I'm not comfortable walking around not armed with something.

jamie_44
10-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I have some purses that I use in femme mode but not in guy mode. I bought some and the wife actually gave me one of hers!

knelson
10-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Sorry I am a purse fantatic. En femme, always carry one. In drab, I always use my black one and tuck it under the seat if I leave the car. Currently, and yes I had to look, 37 today. My newest is a cute pink Liz Claibourne. Picture to follow

nancy58
10-16-2005, 10:10 PM
I'll worry about a woman's purse after I get the wig, shoes, and breast forms -- and am ready to actually leave the house en femme. But on weekends or evenings, when I am out in drab, I carry my things in a small nylon bag I bought for a European vacation years ago. I call it my mariconera. Wallet, Palm Pilot, sunglasses and cell phone all take up pocket space, not to mention miscellaneous other items I might need to carry. I did get a look from a guy behind me in line at the Home Depot once, but I just ignored it. The nice thing is that when I get home, all my stuff is gathered together for the next time I need to go out. Workdays, I carry a knapsack with all the above stuff plus my lunch and a book.

Alexandra
10-17-2005, 05:25 PM
I use my Mothers Old Satchel Bag. Both in Guy and Female Mode!

Its Size with a Pocket for Cell, Sunglasses, Makeup, and Fem Hygiene, and Compartment for Money.

Also have a Black Purse for getting Dressed-up Occasions.

Also have two Women's Backbacks! One Leather and One Black

Stormgirl
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I could use one,would make carrying this m9 easier :rolleyes: