PDA

View Full Version : busted at work

Samantha Thomson
09-19-2011, 11:48 PM
hello all got a question any of you got busted at work i just did let a female friend use my cell phone and saw my pic of me all dress up in my favorite one sleve blouse skirt other shirts make up heels etc what my question is how would you handle it please help samantha

Kathi Lake
09-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Depends. What did your co-worker say?

Kathi

tiffanyjo89
09-20-2011, 12:11 AM
If you look unrecognizable in the pictures, you could say it was a cousin/sister/other relative or close friend sending you the pictures to get your opinion on and your lazy self just didn't delete them.

I'd not say anything to her though and see if she says anything to you...that way you can see if she really did think it was you or not.

For future reference, don't let someone use your phone...I know it seems a bit harsh, but even on my computer I'm a bit picky about who I let on it...just because you have your own phone/computer/whatever doesn't mean you can use mine, I do stuff on my computer that I don't want someone interrupting a lot of times.

Lorileah
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM
if they don't ask don't worry. If they do I would own up to it and ask how they feel about it. Don't lie. It just bites you later

Kim Young
09-20-2011, 12:23 AM
i just did let a female friend use my cell phone and saw my pic of me all dress up

The most important word in your post was friend. If she's a friend and not just a co-worker, your secret should be safe with her. Other than the initial embarassment you might have, I'm sure there's no harm. If anythying, maybe she'll become a better friend because of this experience.

celeste26
09-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Gee, I thought busted meant they reported you and you got fired. Samantha what you've described is not anything at all yet and may never build into anything either, it is far too soon to know. Keeping yourself quiet and not going off on this thing maybe the single best defense you have that will work.

DebbieL
09-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Yes, absolutely. Back in 1988, after a lot of support from a sponsor and therapists, I went to a halloween party as a french maid. That went so well that I wore the costume to work, where I won second prize for second best costume.

I was working at Federal Express and the VP of the IT department, Jim Tolefson, decided that I looked to good in the dress, was far to graceful in heels, and had way too sexy legs - and I should be gone.

Had I gone back into "Deep cover", I might have been able to get past it. However, the therapist and support group was encouraging me to continue to explore and to go to place where I felt safe. I had been going to 12 step meetings and there was a late night meeting, which gave me time to get dressed after feeding the kids, and go as Debbie, especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

What I didn't know is that one of the men at that meeting was the brother of someone working at Federal Express. He was dating the girl who was up for the same promotion I was going for. To make matters worse, she was riding in the corporate jet to visit her family in Memphis. It seems I was frequently a topic of discussion.

To make matters worse, my immediate supervisor ended up in the same 12 step program as a newcomer, and began to hear stories about Debbie, as well as what a great sponsor I was and how I had helped so many of them.

After almost a year of daily harassment, during which I received 2 bravo zulu awards, each for saving the company at least a $billion per year, and a third team award for winning the Malcolm Baldridge award for outstanding quality, I was finally told that even if I won 3 more Bravo Zulus in the next 3 months, I would be terminated for cause. I was offered the option of giving my resignation effective the end of October (Halloween night). I agreed, though I wasn't happy about it.

Ironically, my boss asked me to use him as a reference, and have me a glowing recommendation but also let them know about Debbie. The company that hired me had many women who had started out selling burial policies and worked their way up the corporate ladder to executive positions. They actually LIKED that I was transgendered. In fact, the first day, during orientation, they spend about 2 hours discussing their diversity program, and specifically pointed out that transgendered people were also protected.

Since then, each of my employers have had very protective diversity programs, and have made it clear that I am safe and welcome. As a result, I have been much more willing to work extra hours, take on extra responsibilities, and do what I can to support others.

Annie D
09-20-2011, 06:23 AM
Oh, that picture? It was taken when I was in the military......or: I think that picture makes me look hot, what do you think?

linda allen
09-20-2011, 06:40 AM
hello all got a question any of you got busted at work i just did let a female friend use my cell phone and saw my pic of me all dress up in my favorite one sleve blouse skirt other shirts make up heels etc what my question is how would you handle it please help samantha

Well, you haven't given us much information.

How do you know she saw the picture?

Did she say anytging about it? Is so, what did she say?

If she asked about it or asks about it in the future, you could say it was you at a halloween or costume party. Of course if she already asked and you didn't tell her this, it's probably too late. To be believable, your response would have to be immediate and casual.

In the future, consider that keeping pictures of yourself in what might be considered an embarassing situation on your cell phone is probably not a good idea. You might have left it somewhere and anyone could have found it. They would not only see the photos, they could send them to other people or post them on the Internet.

Jocelyn Quivers
09-20-2011, 06:41 AM
I would just go with the say nothing, and go about with the business as usual route.

Chickhe
09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
You say to her... just because I loaned you my phone does not give you the right to ask me questions about the data I have one there.

GingerLeigh
09-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm not exactly sure why anyone in the closet would have incriminating pictures of themselves on an insecure item like a cellphone. How would I handle it? I'd probably c#$p my pants! So, are you passable? Are you recognizable in the pictures? Did she say ANYTHING that made you believe she's on to you? Details details...we need the details! If she said nothing, and you are reasonably passable and the photos don't really look like you then clearly you have nothing to worry about. Delete the pictures and go about your business as usual.

If anyone asks, they were pictures of your cousin Olga. Since you deleted them, nobody can disprove it.

ginger

Kittyagain
09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
You can say if asked. "Its a great story. Ill tell you over a beer sometime."

It is honest and leaves her with a positive note. Be confident.

Kitty

Amanda22
09-20-2011, 11:34 AM
No need to do anything, but if you're not ready to "come out," be more careful.

t-girlxsophie
09-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Depends I suppose how close you are to your co-worker and whether they would be discreet with the new found knowledge,I decided to tell a cpl GG colleagues that I felt close to that I crossdressed and recieved nothing but support from them ever since.

By Accident a few years ago (most) the rest of my Nightshift have since found out.I'm not any different in the way I am at work,not hiding or shameful about it,So much so that four of my GG Friends from work are coming for girly night at our place with my wife,her sister and me this weekend

Sophie