PDA

View Full Version : Is Crossdressing help to reduce the stress?

FirstTimeCD
09-21-2011, 07:21 AM
Is crossdressing is really good option to reduce the stress. I am stressed out and thinking to go out as a girl to reduce the stress. is it going to help ?

Carol A
09-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Maybe yes maybe no, it all depends on you hon. I know if I get on the grumpy side my wife will be the first person to tell me "go get dressed and put on your makeup and feel better", works for me :heehee:

Amanda22
09-21-2011, 07:34 AM
For me, it definitely reduces my stress. It's quite noticeable to my wife as well. She suggests frequently that I need to dress and go out. For me, when dressed I'm somehow "closer to who I really am."

sissystephanie
09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
Carol said it correctly. It all depends on you. The stress is from within, so only you can decide what works to get rid of it! I rarely do get stressed, but if it happens I do dress enfemme and usually feel better very soon!

Taylor186
09-21-2011, 07:41 AM
For some dressing relieves stress, for others it increases stress, for others it does nothing for stress. I've found dressing at home (my wife knows & is ok with it) to be satisfying and it does seem to reduce stress. But going out, while fun, increases stress.

Karren H
09-21-2011, 08:03 AM
No... Not at all... Not for me.... Now playing ice hockey is a good way to reduce stress! Nothing like checking someone's ass into the boards!! Lol.

Jessica86
09-21-2011, 08:05 AM
This is the reason why I dress. Jessica is different. I feel like a different person. Jessica has no stress. I'm constantly getting work emails and phone calls. It's nice to forget about it all, and do something Jessica wants.

bridget thronton
09-21-2011, 08:14 AM
It reduces my level of stress - but only after I was able to enjoy interacting with people while dressed

Renee
09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Kendra, I would have to agree with others that the stress relief really depends on you and your situation. If you are married or have a so then it would add to the stress if they do not know of your dressing. I know that like the others when I get a little on the cranky side my wife will suggest some Renee time for me. I certainly do feel more relaxed when in Renee mode. I stay at home (havent been out dressed in probably a year) and do office work for hours for my wife's business or just sit and watch some television. It can be a wonderful stress reliever, or be a stress incrreaser if you have to watch over your shoulder all of the time afraid of being caught if those around you dont know. Have fun with it!

kimdl93
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
seems to me, you have to answer that question for yourself.

Staci Roberts
09-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes, for many it is a great, "harmless" escape..All (including me!) need to be careful not to overindulge!

Shelly67
09-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Perhaps its worth considering this - stress may be relieved by going out and enjoying the sensation . However , what if that is the self medicating effect became compulsive and over enthralling ? Alcohol is a fantastic example of how NOT to cure stress , and we can indulge in that everyday if we wish to.
Surely shouldnt the stress be dealt with at the source ??

sometimes_miss
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
For me, it's partially a defense mechanism. When I'm crossdressed, I usually don't focus on the problems in my life. Instead, I spend time doing household chores, shopping online, reading, watching movies. It's a way of compartmentalization that allows me to escape from the misery for a short time. Not to mention, I crossdress to reduce the stress of suppressing the desire to crossdress!

Debra Russell
09-21-2011, 11:20 AM
It definitely does for me -- I just got back from vacation that was fun but not relaxing and I feel the need to let Debbie out..............Debra

PetiteDuality
09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't know... But it calms me down a lot

Lexine
09-21-2011, 11:36 AM
My bestie and I were talking about this topic last night. I think for some of us it does kinda become a stress reducer. But for me, for example, when I was out with her last night trying to shop for something to wear for Gay Days in Anaheim (unofficial Disneyland gay day... not gay btw), it was a little stressful because I was specifically looking for something to wear for an upcoming event. On other days when I don't have to worry about something like this, I do find it relatively calming to be my femme side.

AvidFan
09-21-2011, 01:01 PM
It definately is a stress reliever for me, I even sleep better. Its just like a great relief looking and smelling pretty. and who doesnt love seeing their reflection when they look good. I almost never look in the mirror when I'm not dolled up

jennCD
09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Yep, it does wonders for me... temporarily, of course.

:)
jenn

Wendae
09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Yes! As I told my therapist it allows me to be someone else for awhile. There I can enjoy the feeling of a smooth body, silky clothing, smelling fine . I'm Wendae and I feel wonderful.

BLUE ORCHID
09-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Dressing and setting in on this forum is a great stress reliever for me.

Orchid

ArleneRaquel
09-22-2011, 03:31 AM
I have less stress and more sympathy as Arlene tha I do when I'm in male mode.

erickka
09-22-2011, 05:34 AM
I used my crossdressing to help quit drinking! I used to stress and turn to the bottle, but now I get dressed, mellow out and go shopping. Shopping at thrift stores and only buying something that I really want actually ends up costing me a lot less than less than all of those bottles of Beam, or case after case of beer! Plus no alcohol helped me shed 45 lbs... a great bonus!

MercedesFantasy
09-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Ooooh! Good question!

I think the answer depends on who you are and why you dress. For me the answer is yes - crossdressing helps relieve stress. That's because I get to cut loose, lose many of my inhibitions and escape into something away from ordinary. I love crossdressing!

Of course it may not be the same for you. If you have a significant you're hiding it from, guilt issues or are simply embarrassed then maybe not.

The venue and situation will probably make a difference. When I go out dressed to places I know are CD friendly I love it! When I go to places I haven't been before I get a little anxious. Pick your place, pick your situation and most importantly pick your outfit! The black or red pumps with that skirt?

Relax and enjoy!

Mercedes

countrygirl
09-22-2011, 09:47 AM
For me yes it does seem to make me less stressful, I do not know why but I figure if it works why not.

*Vanessa*
09-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Does dressing up reduce my stress? I am not sure.
Does not dressing increase my stress? Absolutely, without question!

Tina B.
09-22-2011, 10:12 AM
It only reduces my stress if I'm stressed about not getting to dress more. Job stress, or Martial arguments, stop me cold, and dressing does not help. As far as going out dressed relieving stress, it would depend, how often do you get out, how do you feel when you do get out. For me, getting out dressed is very stressful, that's why I'm still in the closet.
Tina B.

clairebabe
09-22-2011, 02:21 PM
for me, the answer is yes. every time i feel stress, i think of wear beautiful dresses

erica2
09-22-2011, 07:47 PM
In a word, yes. I find the transformation brings a kind a calming sensation over me. I have been a bit time restricted lately due to life's oddities, but am looking forward to a little "dress to de-stress" time in the next couple of days.

My wife says it really changes how I appear to feel (and she would know better than me!), and that I seem to be more content. Her support and help with a lot of things so far have been a blessing. In doing the CD thing, I am VERY careful to not go into a (mental) place that she would become uncomfortable, and so far that has not happened. She is working on me to go out dressed, and thinks it would be fun. I'm still stuck on the "passable" thing - and I am not (IMHO) to that point yet.

As far as the de-stress situation, it does take me to a more relaxed, and gentler place.

So I'm thinking that if I can get to a passable point, and past a guilt for doing it point, I should be just fine. I'm all for less stress, and if we were just the two of us tonight, I'd have already been dressed!

I am Erica 2

Jenniferathome
09-22-2011, 08:14 PM
For me, being Jennifer let's me leave my male stresses behind.

suchacutie
09-22-2011, 09:14 PM
In the past I have responded that Tina does not appear under times of stress. As in nature, she lets her male self take care of the stress and then she stolls in to enjoy the calm. Thus, I had concluded that dressing was not a stress reducer.

Well, that's not quite right, is it? Since Tina won't show up until the stress is removed, there is incredible motivation to get it done!!!

So Tina's "high maintenance" self is an inducement for my male side to get rid our our stress!!!!

:)

Margo Paulse
09-22-2011, 09:25 PM
For me crossdressing is an enigma, reducing stress by escape & creating stress by having to return.

sara.s
09-22-2011, 09:25 PM
If stress is due to not being able to crossdress for a long time, then you must definitely crossdress. Otherwise, you have many options. Power to you!

Wendae
09-22-2011, 09:27 PM
Is crossdressing is really good option to reduce the stress. I am stressed out and thinking to go out as a girl to reduce the stress. is it going to help ?

Do it! Best way is take a drive, day or night. Feels great to get out and it's a real rush the first time. It'll get easier after that.